Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sniffnoy » 1 year ago

Previewed here:
Attachments
sunfall.jpg

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

I really like how it exiles everything, but I feel that the 5 mana value is a lot for formats like modern where the exile matters more

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Its one of the best wipes in commander imho

motleyslayer

yeh I can see if being great in commander, there are so many ways to get creatures back

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

this is quite strong. 5 mana is the proper cmc for this. Would have been too strong at 4 cmc.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

I feel that board wipes are definitely a fine line you gotta make sure don't get crossed. At 4 mv, they can't do much besides wipe the board but t 5, uyou can push design a bit more, at the cost of them being too slow for older formats

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

yeah, not easy to make one.

for example, I'm perfectly fine that cleansing nova costs 5, because it can do something else besides wipe the board of creatures. It's the same reasoning why I think 5 cmc is fine for Sunfall, because it also makes a creature for beating down the opponent.

and I agree this is a bit slow for older formats like Legacy.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”