who is this dragon in Mercadia? and Weatherlight?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

Saw this image of Mercadia being invaded.

it's so nostalgic seeing this place again. And looks like the Mercadians are able to fight back against the phyrexian invasion.

anyone know the name of the dragon who is helping fight the phyrexians? Also, is that the new Weatherlight helping defend the city as well?

AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

Invasion of Mercadia has now been revealed.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Brave Kyren? That seems... off. Anyhow, that doesn't actually tell us who the dragon is - (an avatar of) Ramos or even the deeply mysterious Orhop are possibilities, but so is an unnamed (mechanical?) dragon.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

that is an interesting split card.

funny, gobs trying to become like the legendary Squee. I think he is actually still alive?

looks like this dragon is hard to identify. Hopefully, wotc reveals it's identity in a later article or story.

well, the mercadians need all the help they can get. In the pic, we can see 5 mercadian ships and one already burning. There are a greater number of phyrexian ships with 2 already burning... but more seems to be coming, and they have this giant Wurmcoil Engine?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

Also it hit me later:
image.png
I dunno if @Jay13x can confirm this, but I'm 90% sure that is Ramos.

Ramos was a dragon engine created by phyrexia, and used by Mishra during the brother's war. Urza caught him and reprogrammed him to instead defend the people of Terisiare. As the Sylex Blast happened, Ramos gathered up a bunch of people and planeshifted everyone to Phyrexia — it was a gamble, sure, but it had better odds than the impending doom. Once there, they snuck and found a portal to Mercadia. They went through and crash landed into Mercadia City. Ramos sneaks off to seclusion. The people rebuilt the city, and venerate Ramos as a creator god.

Millennia later the Phyrexian invasion of Dominaria was starting, and Weatherlight and crew flew to Mercadia, meet Ramos, gather up the "Bones of Ramos" for their legacy weapon and depart. Now, most people read the "bones of Ramos" and, without the modern easy-access storyline, assumed he was dead — but he's not. These weren't actually his bones, they were simply powerstones that Ramos himself had. As the Weatherlight flies away, Ramos destroys Volrath's ship to let them escape. The sight of Ramos helped push the rebellion, and we're meant to assume that Ramos isn't off in seclusion anymore.

Now, it's been a couple hundred years since all this, but Ramos is an immortal artifact. He survived millennia before the Weatherlight, and there's no reason to think he has died since.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

oh, that's a good piece of info. So this dragon is Ramos, and he was created when Yawgmoth still ruled phyrexia?

makes the fight even more interesting. Phyrexian tech from Yawgmoth's era, fighting newer phyrexian technology.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

forgot to say...

I'm amazed Ramos has been there standing guard, protecting Mercadia for centuries. The worship given to him is well deserved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”