Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

hi, I got interested in the new Elesh Norn Mother of Machines.
a new version of Emeria Control uses three of her. The deck reached top 8 and the guy who piloted is now qualified for RC Dallas.

anyway, is it favorable to buy now, or should I wait a few months?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 1 year ago

The Fluff wrote:
1 year ago
hi, I got interested in the new Elesh Norn Mother of Machines.
a new version of Emeria Control uses three of her. The deck reached top 8 and the guy who piloted is now qualified for RC Dallas.

anyway, is it favorable to buy now, or should I wait a few months?
Cheapest version of Norn is around $28 today. Her graph is slowly deflating. I don't think that you'll save too much by buying in a few months. The hype has died down. Unless Sheldon does an about face and bans her, she'll probably continue to just slowly sink until the next big thing happens. It'll probably be about 3-4 years before she eats another reprint, so I'd just go ahead and get a playset right now. She's certainly not going to crash to $5 in a few months, so I don't see more than like $10-$15 in benefit to waiting, and if you buy now you get to play the deck now.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

hmm, that's a fair enough reasoning.

I'll check out if there's some semi-played copies at SCG, as those would be cheaper.

this is the modern deck by Truong (Khepi) Nguyen. Has three copies of Norn in the main.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/1FoBtcBXtkiUeUrNHxlFjQ
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 1 year ago

o/ in my non professional opinion.

if there ever would be a praetor reprint I imagine it will be this sequence. since the first set got an additional print currently. that being said I don't see the price going down to far, its sorta the driving mythic of the set, unfortunately, its on a downward trend (as expressed above the angle is down currently).

id say after the next weekend of competitive deck building one could have a good metric to if the norn will be in the competitive circuit. if not then id expect the current trend. the tough part is all the variations press down the original print, if you open a rare art print are you any better off, maybe sell it and get og print + there by raising the price due to lower og stock.

anyway,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”