The DCC - March 24th, 2023

Locked Previous topicNext topic
bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Levin goes on probation again for forgetting to vote. If I've got the rules correct, their card is still up for voting today and going on probation is the only consequence. I would also like to bring up this passage of the rules above:

Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.

Levin was put on probation by void_nothing on February 13th for failing to vote. During that probation, on March 3rd, their card was DQ'ed and not included in the list of cards up for voting because they forgot to vote a second time while on probation the previous day. It fell on myself to do that. Then, that probation ended on March 7th. Today, on the 24th, a new 21-day probation begins, and that also falls on me.

@Levin, I am honestly and deeply sorry. I wouldn't want things like these to happen. Please pay more attention from now on. I don't want to see the bolded line right above this paragraph being enforced, and I really don't want to be the one having to signal that to the mods. I'm not a mod, so I can't issue those "warnings and/or infractions" myself, I do not have that power, the most I could do is signaling that to the mods and pass your case into their hands, but I do not want to do that either. Please, please, please, do not force me to do that. I really don't want to. I wrote you a PM several hours ago, way before posting this round, something like at the very least 6 or 7 hours ago if not more, as soon as I realized that you didn't vote. I was hoping you would have seen my PM on time. That clearly didn't happen. At least I tried. Check your inbox, you will probably still find that PM in there.

I should probably also mention that I won yesterday's thread and thank everybody for the votes, which I do, but with sourness in my mouth.

EDIT 8 am CEST - In all of this, somehow I didn't add MY OWN card in today's quotes when I posted the thread two hours ago. Now it's there.

DCC Scoreboard

netn10 70 (+2)
bravelion83 67 (+7)
wizyard 64 (+1)
Rithaniel 56 (+2)
void_nothing 51 (+4)
marioguy3 41 (+1)
Riria 38 (+1)
RattingRots 31
Levin * 14
kwanyeegor-ii 6
WhiteBorderStoneRain 3
MonoRedMage 2

Levin's probation: 21 days left.
bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: marioguy3, void_nothing (I like what that keyword does, not so much its name though, but maybe that's just me)

HM: wizyard (very good and elegant piggybacking, I just think that the resulting card is too narrow)

Polyhelmet XGG
Artifact Creature — Equipment Hydra (R)
Trample
As Polyhelmet enters the battlefield, choose a creature you control. Polyhelmet enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it and attached to that creature.
Equipped creature has trample and gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on Polyhelmet.
Whenever Polyhelmet becomes unattached from a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Reconfigure 2G
0/1
marioguy3 wrote:
1 year ago
votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Send to the Sun

Sorcery (Rare)
Send to the Sun costs less to cast, where X is the amount of damage dealt to opponents this turn.
Send to the Sun deals X damage to any target.
wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
bravelion83, netn10

Nahiri's Mirror 1w
Enchantment (R)
Rather than pay the mana cost of an Equipment spell you cast, you may pay an equip cost of that spell.
Rather than pay the equip cost of an Equipment's equip ability you activate, you may pay that Equipment's mana cost.
Riria wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Guiltstrike BR
Instant (U)
Guiltstrike deals 1 damage to target creature. When that creature dies this turn, its controller sacrifices a creature.
"Humans are a peculiar bunch. The frailer one of them is, the more worked up about protecting them the others get."
—Bazafel, Demonic Sociologist
Levin wrote:
1 year ago
Blinding Light2{u/g}{g/w}
Instant (R)
Buyback 4uw
Prevent all damage that would be dealt until the start of your next turn.
Until the start of your next turn, players can't cast spells or activate abilities of permanents they control.
//MDFC//
Endgameggrrrbb
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, pay X life.
Search your library for up to X cards, then separate them into a number of pipes equal to the number of players. Each opponent chooses up to two of those piles. Exile the chosen piles and put the rest into your graveyard. You may cast spells and play lands exiled this way.
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Stop 1UU
Instant (Rare)
Counter target spell.
// Fuse //
Drop 1W
Instant (Rare)
Destroy target tapped creature.
// Fuse //
Roll 1WU
Instant (Rare)
If you targeted two or more red spells and/or permanents this turn, tap each permetant you don't control and put a stun counter on each of them.
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: void_nothing, Riria

Watcher of Nothing
Creature - Elder Eye U
Whenever Watcher of Nothing deals combat damage to a player, exile the top three cards of your library.
When Watcher of Nothing dies, put up to three cards exiled with it into their owner's hands.
"For untold eons, it stared into the empty void where once there had been an entire reality."
—Kzazzasa, the Forgotten

1/4
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: bravelion83, Rithaniel

Stronghold Hellkite 3RR
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
RR: Stronghold Hellkite gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
RR: Counter target spell or ability that targets Stronghold Hellkite unless its controller pays 3 life.
2: Stronghold Hellkite gains shadow until end of turn.
4/4
RattingRots wrote:
1 year ago
bravelion83, wizyard

Austere Cataclysm 3WW
Sorcery (R)
Choose three --
-Destroy target enchantment
-Exile target creature, then return it to the battlefield.
-Create a 1/1 white Bird creature token with flying.
-Return target permanent card with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
-Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control that entered the battlefield this turn.
Last edited by bravelion83 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Design deadline on the 15th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Votes: Riria, Rithaniel

HM: marioguy3, void_nothing

Twisted Evangelist 3WW
Creature — Phyrexian Cleric (R)
Vigilance
Toxic 1 (Players dealt combat damage by this creature also get a poison counter.)
3{G/U/P}, T: Proliferate. ({G/U/P} can be paid with G, U, or 2 life.)
Whenever you proliferate, if Twisted Evangelist is tapped, draw a card. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"When you've received the blessing of perfection, you can't help but share it with others."
3/3
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Design deadline on the 15th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

riria, marioguy3
mg3
Show
Hide
@marioguy3
the second appearence of X should be a Y or be like written out, it seems like you're using the same variable for two diff things.. i like the concept tho
Glamcaster 2U
Creature - Faerie Wizard (R)
Flying
Whenever you cast an Aura spell that targets another creature you control, copy that spell. The copy targets Glamcaster.
1/2
Last edited by wizyard 1 year ago, edited 5 times in total.

Riria

Post by Riria » 1 year ago

Ethereal Soothsayer 2WU
Creature — T'au Advisor (R)
Warpless (This creature ignores all spell effects except damage.)
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, it gets -X/-0 until end of turn, where X is the number of attacking creatures.
2/2
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Yes, warpless would be a nightmare to spell out in the CR.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 1 year ago

wizyard, Riria

HM: marioguy3 (this is a really great concept but this card is really close to an "I win" button on turn 4ish in almost any aggro deck, and gets even more insane if you ever draw it in multiples.)

Incendiary Cataclysm 4RR
Sorcery (R)
Choose three --
-~ deals 3 damage to target creature.
-~ deals 3 damage to target player or planeswalker.
-Destroy target land.
-Create two treasure tokens.
-Exile the top three cards of your library. You may play them until the end of your next turn.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: Rithaniel, RattingRots

Positions, Everyone! W
Enchantment (Rare)
When Positions, Everyone! enters the battlefield, choose a player to lead and another player to follow.
Whenever a lead player attacks with exactly one creature, that player draws a card.
Whenever a follow player attacks with exactly two creatures, each lead and follow player draws two cards.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: marioguy3, wizyard

Final Insignificance B
Sorcery (R)
Choose one -
• Exile target creature with power 2 or less an opponent controls.
• Exile target enchantment with mana value 2 or less an opponent controls.
• Exile target planeswalker with loyalty 2 or less an opponent controls.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

bravelion83 netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Votes: marioguy3, wizyard

Endless Possibilities
Sorcery M
Exile the top card of your library. You may play that card as long as it remains exiled. When you do, copy Endless Possibilities twice. You may cast any number of the copies without paying their mana costs.
"With unending resources, many things become possible."
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 1 year ago

Votes - Riria, Rithaniel

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 year ago

Night of the Removal
Sorcery (Rare)
Each player sacrifices a nonland permanent, then scry X, where X is the highest mana value among permanents sacrificed this way.
Flashback
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”