Custom Cards - Non-English Characters showing up as boxes in artist name (next to brush)

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

Something I noticed is that non-English characters in the artist names for custom cards show up as boxes (though they appear fine in the artist description).

For example:

Artist: あぎさと

Artist: 月見斐夜

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

Unfortunately, the font used for the artist's name ("Beleren Small caps") is very limited and doesn't contain any of the unicode blocks beyond basic latin. I've never found an extended version, and there very well might not be one, looking at actual cards with non-latin characters (seems like a different font to me?).

Hmm. I may have to add a check for non-latin / extended characters, and substitute a different font.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
1 year ago
Unfortunately, the font used for the artist's name ("Beleren Small caps") is very limited and doesn't contain any of the unicode blocks beyond basic latin. I've never found an extended version, and there very well might not be one, looking at actual cards with non-latin characters (seems like a different font to me?).

Hmm. I may have to add a check for non-latin / extended characters, and substitute a different font.
That would be nice if possible. I am kind of surprised there isn't an extended character list available considering how many times they have included Japanese Kanji and Haragana in the artist line.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”