NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

BTW, you're also allowed to take existing cards and give them a Star Trek skin, like the 40k secret lairs or Godzilla/dracula cards.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Set Phasers to Stun 1WU
Instant (R)
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. Whenever combat damage that would be dealt to a creature an opponent controls is prevented this turn, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it. (If a permanent with a stun counter would become untapped, remove one from it instead.)

Set Phasers to Kill 3BR
Sorcery (R)
Damage can't be prevented this turn. Creatures you control get +3/+0 until end of turn. Whenever excess combat damage is dealt to a creature an opponent controls this turn, its controller discards a card and mills two cards.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
BTW, you're also allowed to take existing cards and give them a Star Trek skin, like the 40k secret lairs or Godzilla/dracula cards.
I feel like that wouldn't satisfy the constraint of an actual custom card since I'd only be making a name at most, but I have to nominate Captivating Crew as William Riker, Diplomat.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

I also want to make a Neelix and Tuvok that meld into Tuvix but I don't know those characters well enough to do them justice

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

Shut Up, Wesley! 1U
Instant (U)
Counter target activated or triggered ability of a creature. That creature's activated abilities can't be activated until end of turn, and its triggered abilities don't trigger until end of turn.
Draw a card.

Holodeck Malfunction 3
Sorcery (R)
Reveal a non-(Star Trek) Universes Beyond card you own from outside the game. Put that card into your hand.

IIW: Cartoons
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Bald Captain
2{W}
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, if no damage was dealt to you or Bald Captain since your last upkeep, each player draws a card.
2/3

IIW: Mario enemies
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Troubling Tribble 2G
Creature — Tribble
G: Create a token that's a copy of Troubling Tribble.
1/1

IIW: backup

I've now officially exhausted my star trek knowledge.
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

meme time

Kobayashi Maru 2UB
Enchantment
Remove ten quest counters from Kobayashi Maru and sacrifice it: You win the game.

Picard, his Palm Covering his Face W
Enchantment
Whenever a spell you control fizzles, draw a card.
just noticed Holodeck Malfunction was used, spoiler cause I still like it
Show
Hide
Holodeck Malfunction 1BB
Sorcery
Play a subgame of magic using each player's libraries, and each player having 6 life. If you win, you may choose a creature with the greatest mana cost played during that game, and keep it aside for the real game, under your control. If you don't, draw three cards.
Red Shirt Uniform R
Equipment
Equipped creature has haste and "Other creatures you control have ward 2"
Equip W

chetoos

Space: The final Frontier. These are the GPs of the event team Enterprise. Its ongoing mission: explore strange new lands. To seek out new creatures and new combos. To boldly draw where no one has drawn before!
I add star trek quotes to your submissions
Show
Hide
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Beam me up Scotty 2U
Instant
Exile each creature you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: Rebels are back
I cannae get a lock, captain, you've never actually said that in the show.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Phaser 2
Artifact- Equipment (U)
Equip 2
Stun Mode-- 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield in Stun mode. You can change its mode by paying 2 as a sorcery.)
[]: Stun- When equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, tap that creature, remove it from combat, and put a stun counter on it.
[]: Kill- When equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature.

The Prime Directive 1W
Enchantment (U)
When you attack, sacrifice The Prime Directive.
At the beginning of your end step, create a 1/1 white Officer creature token with vigilance.

IIW: Blue or green goblins
The line must be drawn here, this far, no farther!
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra 2G
Enchantment — Saga {R}
{I}: Create a 3/3 green Warrior creature token.
{II}: Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature your team controls.
{III}: Two target creatures your team controls each deal damage equal to their power to target creature an opponent controls.

IIW: teammates or other multiplayer things
Temba, His arms wide.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Transporter Mishap XWB
Instant (U)
You may put a creature card with mana value X or less from your hand into the battelfield. That creature gains hexproof until end of turn. When you do, exile target creature an opponent controls with mana value X or less for as long as you control the first creature.

Quark, Ferengi Entrepreneur 1UB
Legendary Creature - Ferengi Advisor (R)
Lifelink
T, Pay 1 life: Exile the top card from each player's library. Then you may put a trade counter on each of those cards. (If a player doesn't have more trade counters than all other players, that player may take a trade counter from a card they don't own, and play that card. They may pay mana as if it was any color to cast it.)
1/3

IIW: one word but modal
so bubbly and cloying, and happy... just like the Federation
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Set Phasers to Stun 1WU
Instant (R)
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. Whenever combat damage that would be dealt to a creature an opponent controls is prevented this turn, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it. (If a permanent with a stun counter would become untapped, remove one from it instead.)

Set Phasers to Kill 3BR
Sorcery (R)
Damage can't be prevented this turn. Creatures you control get +3/+0 until end of turn. Whenever excess combat damage is dealt to a creature an opponent controls this turn, its controller discards a card and mills two cards.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
I feel like that wouldn't satisfy the constraint of an actual custom card since I'd only be making a name at most, but I have to nominate Captivating Crew as William Riker, Diplomat.
Mr. Worf... Fire!
CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
Shut Up, Wesley! 1U
Instant (U)
Counter target activated or triggered ability of a creature. That creature's activated abilities can't be activated until end of turn, and its triggered abilities don't trigger until end of turn.
Draw a card.

Holodeck Malfunction 3
Sorcery (R)
Reveal a non-(Star Trek) Universes Beyond card you own from outside the game. Put that card into your hand.

IIW: Cartoons
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth, or historical truth, or personal truth!
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Bald Captain
2{W}
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, if no damage was dealt to you or Bald Captain since your last upkeep, each player draws a card.
2/3

IIW: Mario enemies
(I know you mean Picard, but DS9 is my favorite series, so I'm gonna use a Sisko quote.) MAJOR, SHUT THAT THING OFF! COMMANDER WORF, PREPARE TO LAUNCH TORPEDOES!
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Troubling Tribble 2G
Creature — Tribble
G: Create a token that's a copy of Troubling Tribble.
1/1

IIW: backup

I've now officially exhausted my star trek knowledge.
Hundreds of warriors were sent to track them down throughout the galaxy. An armada obliterated the tribbles' homeworld. By the end of the 23rd century, they had been eradicated
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
meme time

Kobayashi Maru 2UB
Enchantment
Remove ten quest counters from Kobayashi Maru and sacrifice it: You win the game.

Picard, his Palm Covering his Face W
Enchantment
Whenever a spell you control fizzles, draw a card.
just noticed Holodeck Malfunction was used, spoiler cause I still like it
Show
Hide
Holodeck Malfunction 1BB
Sorcery
Play a subgame of magic using each player's libraries, and each player having 6 life. If you win, you may choose a creature with the greatest mana cost played during that game, and keep it aside for the real game, under your control. If you don't, draw three cards.
Red Shirt Uniform R
Equipment
Equipped creature has haste and "Other creatures you control have ward 2"
Equip W
I don't believe in the no win scenario.
HM: Juancu for displaying a wide variety of different aspects of Star Trek.
Winner: Meggido for Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Next: Teammates or other multiplayer things.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Steam Machine X1
Artifact Creature- Construct
Accomplice (As you cast this spell, you may choose another player as accomplice. That player may pay any amount of mana to add to X.)
Trample, Vigilance, First Strike
Steam Machine enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters. When it does, it fights another target creature not controlled by the accomplice. Then the accomplice gains puts a +1+1 counter on up to X target creatures.
0/1

IIW: All those mechanics they dropped: landwalk, regeneration, banding, etc.. Those are basic evergeen keywords i this world.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Steam Mate 4
Artifact Creature — Construct Advisor (M)
When Steam Mate enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library.
Whenever you exile a card from your library or at the beginning of your precombat main phase, you may play a card exiled with Steam Mate without paying its mana cost. Then exile the top card of your library. This ability triggers only once each turn.
3/3

IIW: Eldraine but modern day
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

nobody likes multiplayer, I guess?

I'm going to be at a baseball game today. if I don't end up dying, I'll judge when I get home.
MEG

Juancu

Azorious Rising 1WU
Enchantment - Saga
Read Along (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III. Other players may trigger the current chapter after their draw step, if they do, you get an ink counter.)
I - Draw a card and gain 2 life.
II - Create a 2/2 blue drake creature token with flying.
III - You may spend four ink counters. If you do, draw two cards.

IIW: cold
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
I'm going to be at a baseball game today. if I don't end up dying, I'll judge when I get home.
W-what kind of baseball are you guys playing?! Are you the ball?!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Stealing that read along idea

Simic Clades Joining 1gu
Enchantment - saga
Read along
| - put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to 2 creatures you control
|| - draw a card for each creature with a +1/+1 counter on it you control, then discard that many cards.
||| - You may pay any number of Ink counters. Target creature you control gets +x/+x and gains trample until end of turn, where x is the number of ink counters you paid.

Iiw: help green out in standard or alchemy
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Juancu

Haha, I'm glad you liked it cheetos, I was still developing and made yours need an update. I went for energy-like counters, so there wouldn't be two kinds of counters on a saga.

Megiddo
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
W-what kind of baseball are you guys playing?! Are you the ball?!
luckily not today.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Politening Bolt RR
Instant
Politening Bolt deals 3 damage to any target. If the target was an opponent, or a permanent controlled by an opponent, that player may have Politening Bolt deal 3 damage to any target other than you or a permanent you control.

IIW: Do it yourself

Megiddo
MEG

my voice is gone but i'm otherwise alive. judging when the adrenaline high fades a bit
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

i'm sufficiently calmed down to judge. to be clear on what was going on earlier, i was watching this happen live and in person:

on to the cards. we'll be short and sweet tonight.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Steam Machine X1
Artifact Creature- Construct
Accomplice (As you cast this spell, you may choose another player as accomplice. That player may pay any amount of mana to add to X.)
Trample, Vigilance, First Strike
Steam Machine enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters. When it does, it fights another target creature not controlled by the accomplice. Then the accomplice gains puts a +1+1 counter on up to X target creatures.
0/1

IIW: All those mechanics they dropped: landwalk, regeneration, banding, etc.. Those are basic evergeen keywords i this world.
I believe this is largely Assist (see Gang Up in particular) with some added tracking of who assisted and bonuses for that player. I think this card is too strong?
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Steam Mate 4
Artifact Creature — Construct Advisor (M)
When Steam Mate enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library.
Whenever you exile a card from your library or at the beginning of your precombat main phase, you may play a card exiled with Steam Mate without paying its mana cost. Then exile the top card of your library. This ability triggers only once each turn.
3/3

IIW: Eldraine but modern day
Good pun. Not what we're looking for in this challenge though. Also, seems broken.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Azorious Rising 1WU
Enchantment - Saga
Read Along (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III. Other players may trigger the current chapter after their draw step, if they do, you get an ink counter.)
I - Draw a card and gain 2 life.
II - Create a 2/2 blue drake creature token with flying.
III - You may spend four ink counters. If you do, draw two cards.

IIW: cold
I like Read Along conceptually. Would need to test and turn the knobs to make sure the payoffs work, but the Group Hug Guys out there would love it.
chetoos wrote:Simic Clades Joining 1gu
Enchantment - saga
Read along
| - put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to 2 creatures you control
|| - draw a card for each creature with a +1/+1 counter on it you control, then discard that many cards.
||| - You may pay any number of Ink counters. Target creature you control gets +x/+x and gains trample until end of turn, where x is the number of ink counters you paid.

Iiw: help green out in standard or alchemy
Ooh, how often do we see this in NF? I prefer this to the other because getting 3 ink counters and missing would feel so bad. Versus any number so you will be able to get some value. Knobs.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Politening Bolt RR
Instant
Politening Bolt deals 3 damage to any target. If the target was an opponent, or a permanent controlled by an opponent, that player may have Politening Bolt deal 3 damage to any target other than you or a permanent you control.

IIW: Do it yourself
Also a good pun. Chain Lightning for the modern age. My first reaction is that it's a bit wordy for what it does.

I liked both Read Along cards, but I have to go with juancu for creating the mechanic. I do like the refinement that chetoos did—that's the kind of stuff you need to do to find a great mechanic.

winner: juancu
next: cold
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Coldersteel Heart 4
Snow Artifact (U)
Coldersteel Heart enters the battlefield tapped.
As Coldersteel Heart enters the battlefield, choose a color.
: Add two mana of the chosen color.

Colder-Eyed Selkie
Creature- Merfolk Rogue (R)
Islandwalk, Forestwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls an Island or a Forest.)
Whenever Colder-Eyed Selkie deals combat damage to a player, you may draw that many cards.
1/5

Lovisa Coldereyes 6RRR
Legendary Creature- Human Noble (M)
Affinity for Barbarians, Warriors, Berserkers, Knights, and Soldiers
Each creature that's a Barbarian, a Warrior, or a Berserker, Knight, or Soldier, gets +2/+2. Those creatures have rampage 2 and haste
4/3

Colder Storage 2
Artifact (R)
2: Exile target creature you control.
T,Sacrifice Colder Storage: Return each creature exiled with Colder Storage to the battlefield under your control.

(Just a strict upgrade to Cold Storage... because that card is waaaay too inefficient. )

IIW: Equines
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 8 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Iceheart Reaver SS
Snow Artifact — Vehicle (R)
Menace
Whenever Iceheart Reaver deals combat damage to a player, they choose artifact, creature, or land. That player can untap only permanents of the chosen type during their next untap step.
Tap two other nonland snow permanents you control: Iceheart Reaver becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
4/2

IIW: Modern-day Eldraine
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The Phils think the singular of their team name is spelled "Phillie"?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

'S Cold 1U
Instant (C)
Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it. Put an additional stun counter on it for each S used to cast this spell.

IIW: Add/remove/change 1 letter in a card name
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

chetoos

Mild Infection
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0 and has "whenever this creature becomes tapped, put a stun counter on this creature."
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach this aura to that creature.
"It's very interesting to me that a similar infection carries a name related to low temperatures on almost every plane I've visited." - Jace

Dish Best served cold 1UbB
Sorcery
Destroy target creature, then put a stun counter on each tapped creature that creature's controller controls.
"Have you heard the ancient Obscura proverb about Revenge, Mr. Nixilis?" - Evelyn, the covetous

IIW: Help green aggro and/or stompy in standard/alchemy.

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
The Phils think the singular of their team name is spelled "Phillie"?
? how else would you spell it?
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”