Nissa's Spanish Inquisition!

rogerandover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

You beat me to it. I was wanting to post my thoughts about the new set, since I'm actually making a quite devestating change. Dryad of the Ilysian Grove was the factor. Well, we don't need the fixing, but Vernal Bloom is a thing I'm already playing, even though I have a high non-basic count. I do also run Patron of the Orochi. I'm going to add Nissa, who shakes the world, and raise my basic lands a bit. So farewell to Life from the Loam and all the cyclers. I still run enough recursion should one of my utility lands get blown up. I even added Primal Order. A card the deck had in its initial form. It's a major change for my deck, but I think it'll be worth it, and hope it can make for some really explosive plays.

Tags:

rogerandover

Played a few games with the new changes. Overall I like the it. Only think I had Ilysian down once, but he made like 5-6 lands into forest that all tapped for 2, which got dumped down a Squallmonger. Definitely not bad. The extra land per turn is gravy. Had a couple of games that both saw Vernal Bloom and Nissa, Who Shakes the World, and that's just crazy. This mono-green control %$#% is still going strong. Of the 5 games I played, I won 4 of them. Hiding behind fogs is just so hard to deal with for so many decks, and usually gives plenty of time to set up a gameending Squall Line. Also, I'm really liking Platinium Emperion. He's good with loss of life and Glacial Chasm :)

weltkrieg

Post by weltkrieg » 4 years ago

If you're running platinum emperion, maybe you should also consider elderscale wurm? Otherwise, you have what sounds like an interesting strategy. Do you have a current list posted somewhere?

rogerandover

I actually replaced Emperion with Elderscale. I think he just does a better job then the wurm, and I don't really think I need a second option. I havn't typed up my build here on nexus, but I always have an up to date build on my deckbox: https://deckbox.org/sets/1053352

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Good to hear some feedback, roger! Especially about these particulars; I'd been tossing up Elderscale Wurm at one point, but it did seem a little fragile for what it's trying to achieve. I hadn't ever really considered Platinum Emperion for the deck personally, but that's an interesting point.

Dryad of the Ilysian Grove....yeah, it could do some work, but do you guys REALLY struggle with nonbasics and production on the regular? It just seems maybe a little surplus to requirements. That being said, Gaea's Touch can be somewhat conditional too, and it means our fetches and Glacial Chasm can tap for mana too, which just occurred to me as I wrote this down. Hmm....food for thought.

I've been waiting to track down a shaky Nissa to try out, didn't grab it from Spark release initially, although my wife has a copy I could probably coax out of her :D I like the pseudo-ultimate, it's pretty damn crazy, although I do worry about fragility of lands while I tick her up, so maybe it's a toss up. I'll keep mulling it over.

I've been thinking about dropping Life from the Loam myself of late, I just find my turns getting too elaborate and convoluted so that the whole dredge thing becomes just a bit laborious. [mention]rogerandover[/mention] I'd love to hear some feedback about Primal Order too. My general win conditions at present are mostly combat oriented, so it'd be nice to make things a bit easier on myself with this sort of thing. It seems like it could do awesome stuff.

Am I the only one keen to see how disgusting Nyxbloom Ancient can get, or is it just taken as read that it's gonna be as gross as it looks?
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

weltkrieg

It has been a while, but my MGC list that I have been using as a reference here should be known to be enchantress/green creature flash. Entities with both types do a lot of work in my build, so that is what I am going for.

Elderscale wurm: does serious work in my yeva build as an answer to non lifeloss win conditions, and the flash can't be underestimated. Platinum emperion neither gains flash nor is a wise idea. I run one artifact in my build and any others are liabilities. I prefer this to fog variants, 7 mana or not, because it itself is also a win condition.

Dryad of the ilysian grove: excellent card, one of only 2 non-legendary creatures I know cmc 3 or less that increase my land drops and the only one that doesn't require me to have 10 permanents to unlock everything. I only run 3 non forest lands in my deck, so the land types doesn't matter for me at all, but having 2 relevant supertypes very much does.

Nyxbloom ancient: Yoink! In it goes, by itself enables all sorts of stuff and most notably, can easily be searched as a mana doubler (yes, there are 2 others, but this one doesn't help my opponents ever) and creature. Also, it's an enchantment. I might replace zendikar resurgent with this...and I might not.

All in all, I have like 8 cards from the new set to test. It's going to be hard to make cuts to try them all!

Primal order
: This is a harder one to evaluate. I love the card, but in my meta, it often does little. If I take it to the local shop, then it's a shoe in because it does a TON of work on all the net deckers (most of our guys in the group know to run primarily basics for some strange reason.....)

rogerandover

Yeah, too me Elderscale Wurm doesn't do enough, since it's' very fragile to loss of life when you are down to 7. I don't attack much, either because I don't have the relevent critters or I have Chasm down.

To me Ilysian dude does way more then Gaea's Touch. It's not really the struggle with nonbasics, it's more that he's also a creature, which means easier to tutor for. The explosive turns he enables, and yeah, it feels great to tap Maze of Ith for mana once in a while :)

I don't really worry about the fragile lands with shaky Nissa, since I don't really plan to ulti her, but I could see it happen and I think it would be great fun - if I don't already have all my forests out.

I'll let you know about Primal Order. These days I play mostly on cockatrice, so nonbasics counts are high, and to my memory they also are at my lgs.

Though I love Life from the Loam, I havn't missed it that much in the 5 games, and well, I have other decks that can take advantage of it :)

Nyxbloom is going to be insane, but I'm not really sure I want to use him. Maybe if the price settles down to something resonable. I mean, 7 mana isn't even that much. With 10 lands, he's kinda free to cast :) Well, I definitely think he's worth testing.

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

Dryad of the Ilysian Grove - That's an interesting idea you kinda bring up, replacing Gaea's Touch for DIG. GT's updated oracle text is interesting because you don't actually play the land, so it gets around the wording (I believe) of DIG, Oracle of Mul Daya, Swordtooth, etc. So you get all the extra land plays from those guys plus the straight to field of GT. If I understand the rules text correctly. If you run heavier on non-basics the fixing of DIG sounds pretty sweet too. Just makes me wonder how many redundancies of the "extra land drop" effect is too many. Azusa, Oracle, and Touch are all in my (Titania) build and Dryad is gonna go in too; the only question is, over Touch or in addition to everything else?

Nyxbloom Ancient - Like Mana Reflection, I would say that it's taken as read (red? w/e) that it's gonna be fairly redonk. I want to live the dream of having an early Dryad Arbor|V12 being sac'ed to Natural Order into N. Ancient :crazy: .

Nissa, Salt and Pepper - is an interesting card to me. The static ability is of course awesome, and what you should bank on the most. The plus ability just creates a 3/3, which isn't terribly exciting, even to Titania IMO. While the indestructibility of the ultimate is also awesome, Scapeshift|M19 does the search and play thing better I think.

$0.05
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

weltkrieg

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
Dryad of the Ilysian Grove - That's an interesting idea you kinda bring up, replacing Gaea's Touch for DIG. GT's updated oracle text is interesting because you don't actually play the land, so it gets around the wording (I believe) of DIG, Oracle of Mul Daya, Swordtooth, etc. So you get all the extra land plays from those guys plus the straight to field of GT. If I understand the rules text correctly. If you run heavier on non-basics the fixing of DIG sounds pretty sweet too. Just makes me wonder how many redundancies of the "extra land drop" effect is too many. Azusa, Oracle, and Touch are all in my (Titania) build and Dryad is gonna go in too; the only question is, over Touch or in addition to everything else?

Nyxbloom Ancient - Like Mana Reflection, I would say that it's taken as read (red? w/e) that it's gonna be fairly redonk. I want to live the dream of having an early Dryad Arbor|V12 being sac'ed to Natural Order into N. Ancient :crazy: .

Nissa, Salt and Pepper - is an interesting card to me. The static ability is of course awesome, and what you should bank on the most. The plus ability just creates a 3/3, which isn't terribly exciting, even to Titania IMO. While the indestructibility of the ultimate is also awesome, Scapeshift|M19 does the search and play thing better I think.

$0.05
Personally, I wouldn't take gaea's touch out for anything. The ability to recur it and get multiple extra land drops that ignore the land drop restrictions is a powerful ability in my yeva build. The closest in comparison is swordtooth, actually. In a titania deck, I should think the "in addition to" is a powerful must. You really need all the extra land drops you can get.

Nissa who shakes the world's + ability is a liability in edh, at least in my meta. Everyone and their mother is running board wipes. 5 per deck on average, with some running more than that. Thankfully, you don't actually have to make a land into a creature.

toctheyounger

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
I wasn't aware of this with Touch. That's kinda cool, and probably helps it keep it's slot in my build. There probably is a critical mass of additional land players, with Azusa and Mul Daya probably counting for at least one towards that number. I don't know what the number is, but I know without Exploration or the aforementioned I'm probably not there yet, so if I can get a copy I'll drop something else for it (knowing what I now know about GT - thanks for this).
Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
Nyxbloom Ancient - Like Mana Reflection, I would say that it's taken as read (red? w/e) that it's gonna be fairly redonk. I want to live the dream of having an early Dryad Arbor being sac'ed to Natural Order into N. Ancient .
You know, I was literally looking at prices for Natural Order this morning lol. Also, taken as read; you had it right.

I'm not overly worried about the vulnerability of lands, I often sac them anyway. That being said, if Nissa is purely there for the additional from the static ability, I'd probably rather run Vernal Bloom for a cheaper cast and a less vulnerable card type. Idk, I guess it's a toss up for these two. Both are reliable mana additives, but how often are you going to get every forest in your deck into play with Nissa? And how reliably can you do that otherwise?*

*With Collective Voyage I can actually do it pretty reliably.

Sanity_Eclipse

weltkrieg wrote:
4 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't take gaea's touch out for anything. The ability to recur it and get multiple extra land drops that ignore the land drop restrictions is a powerful ability in my yeva build. The closest in comparison is swordtooth, actually. In a titania deck, I should think the "in addition to" is a powerful must. You really need all the extra land drops you can get.

Nissa who shakes the world's + ability is a liability in edh, at least in my meta. Everyone and their mother is running board wipes. 5 per deck on average, with some running more than that. Thankfully, you don't actually have to make a land into a creature.
(I forgot I also have Exploration, but anywho...)

Fair point. :thumbsup:

Yeah. Even without animating lands, you're just ticking up a PW that can be attacked hoping that you don't lose your mana doubler. Not the best.
toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago
I wasn't aware of this with Touch. That's kinda cool, and probably helps it keep it's slot in my build. There probably is a critical mass of additional land players, with Azusa and Mul Daya probably counting for at least one towards that number. I don't know what the number is, but I know without Exploration or the aforementioned I'm probably not there yet, so if I can get a copy I'll drop something else for it (knowing what I now know about GT - thanks for this).
No problem :) :thumbsup:
toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago
You know, I was literally looking at prices for Natural Order this morning lol.

I'm not overly worried about the vulnerability of lands, I often sac them anyway. That being said, if Nissa is purely there for the additional from the static ability, I'd probably rather run Vernal Bloom for a cheaper cast and a less vulnerable card type. Idk, I guess it's a toss up for these two. Both are reliable mana additives, but how often are you going to get every forest in your deck into play with Nissa? And how reliably can you do that otherwise?*

*With Collective Voyage I can actually do it pretty reliably.
I would run Bloom before Nissa, yeah. Cheaper and harder to get rid of, just like you said.

On a side note, what do you think of Castle Garenbrig? True, on the surface its a "tap 5 permanents to get 6 , creature only." We're in the creature color, skipping by that point and onto the next, you do have multiple cards that let you adjust that 5 for 6 ratio. Garruk, Nissa VF, Biorythym on legs, W. Symbiote and Lotus Cobra in a sense, Karametra's Acolyte, Crystal Vein are the ones I'm seeing. Continuing from that, the Castle would let you easily pay for the effects from Biorythym dude, Bramble Sovereign, Spike Weaver, Sabertooth, and Kamahl, as well as just creatures in general.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

weltkrieg

Castle garenbrig reminds me more of temple of the false god more than anything. It's a land that sometimes does great, but often as not disappoints, especially early in the game. While temple of the false god is no good before 5 lands, castle garenbrig isn't either (except as an enters the battlefield tapped *maybe* forest). You run a ton of stuff in here that you can't use the extra mana on (non creatures) and it doesn't work with forest doublers. How is it better? It's a good question. I don't have a single deck I would ever run it and I have a deck that is nothing but creatures and lands, but maybe that's not the case here.

toctheyounger

Hmm....Personally, I think I'm closer to [mention]weltkrieg[/mention]'s assessment than anything overwhelmingly positive. There may well be decks it shines in (Experiment Kraj? Rishkar, Peema Renegade?), but I probably don't have the depth of activated abilities to make it really great.

Other than that, I think it's a few 'advantage points' short of being a good card as opposed to what it is; mutton dressed as lamb - I think that phrase might come off a tiny bit harsh in this context but it's not too far from the truth. There's just a few too many hoops to jump through for what it offers you, and is the payoff worth it? Not really, to me.
Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
I would run Bloom before Nissa, yeah. Cheaper and harder to get rid of, just like you said.
Yeah. I think the only real argument against Bloom for Nissa is sharing the effect globally, but we're in mono green right? If there's any colour that goes 0-100 and closes the game out quick it's us. I think most of the time Bloom will suit just fine.

Sanity_Eclipse

Hmm. Interesting RE: the castle. Worth a second thought. Thanks for the discussion all :)
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

toctheyounger

Yeah I just don't think it does enough on its own. With a mana additive sure, but you're already jumping through hoops to get it on the field untapped and use it in the first place. Then having to have other pieces on the field to make it worth activating is just a bit too far to go for me.

rogerandover

Lots of great discussing!

Why do you guys value the "put land into play" of Gaea's Touch so much? Isn't it just a pseudo extra land drop anyways? You still need a basic forest (I only run 23) in your hand. What am I missing?

On Castle Garenbrig, would properly never play it. The comparison with Temple of the False God is quite accurate, but this has a rather harsh restriction too.

I see some fair points about Shaky Nissa. She would properly only benefit from her static, and might be too fragile. So I think I'm going to test Nyxbloom Ancient in her place. Paired with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for some splashy amounts of mana. Might also add Mana Reflection, since even double up on Shrine will be devastating. Anyhow, Natural Order would be a natural add for fecthing the ancient.

toctheyounger

I see some fair points about Shaky Nissa. She would properly only benefit from her static, and might be too fragile. So I think I'm going to test Nyxbloom Ancient in her place. Paired with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for some splashy amounts of mana. Might also add Mana Reflection, since even double up on Shrine will be devastating. Anyhow, Natural Order would be a natural add for fecthing the ancient.
Yeah, I've been wondering if Natural Order would be a good add anyway. Obviously it's your best way to grab Nyxbloom Ancient, but there's probably plenty of other stuff that would be excellent to drop ahead of the curve. Especially when you can sac Dryad Arbor in the first couple of turns to really get the drop.

For Nissa, I think the only justifiable way to make her really add value over a mana additive is with some way of cheating her to her ultimate, like proliferate or what have you. There's just not enough other reasons to run that sort of mechanism here (I'm aware I have other walkers, but they're either not here for their ultimates alone or there's value in using the tick up abilities anyway).

Sanity_Eclipse

Welp, to the Channel Fireball buylist that particular castle goes. /shrug. I'll put a Snow Forest back in over it.

On Gaea's Touch, rogerandover:
- like you mentioned, it's another "extra land drop" effect, to an extent. Not like Azusa or co. but still welcome to have redundancies.
- with the sac effect, it can pay for itself, nevermind any extra basics you drop with it (which can be basically immediate value if you sequence it right).
- it's only like $2 I think. Not like Azusa's or Exploration's $30+. Mana wise, having a good 2 drop accelerant to me feels rarer than having a good 3 drop accelerant, so it's a more unique spot in the curve as well.
- get hit by a wipe that leaves Touch? Have a couple of to get yourself going again, regardless of whether your lands, dudes, or rocks got hit.

My arguments for Gaea's Touch.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

toctheyounger

Mine are similar, but the biggest for me is that it's significantly cheaper than Exploration and Azusa, Lost but Seeking. I do like the pop it for too, that's occasionally handy.

weltkrieg

rogerandover wrote:
4 years ago

Why do you guys value the "put land into play" of Gaea's Touch so much? Isn't it just a pseudo extra land drop anyways? You still need a basic forest (I only run 23) in your hand. What am I missing?

On Castle Garenbrig, would properly never play it. The comparison with Temple of the False God is quite accurate, but this has a rather harsh restriction too.

For the most part, it is just an extra land drop for most people. I recur it like crazy in my Yeva build to drop something like 4 or 5 forests per turn late game...something exploration can no longer do since they adjusted the rules. I am also running 37 forests.

I run nissa as well, and am considering replacing zendikar resurgent. The reason is that my end game is a mana lockout except for my forests being able to produce an additional green when tapped for mana (ritual of subdual, hall of gemstone being the relevant lockout enchantments).

Natural order is certainly a powerful card, but what else would you need to use it for that you probably could just cast anyway? I would think that a generic creature tutor that doesn't require a green creature on the battlefield is smarter here. In something like the cockroach tron (patron of the orochi thread), nyxbloom ancient probably wins the game, but in this build? I don't think it will win you the game on the spot so natural order seems a bit underwhelming.

toctheyounger

weltkrieg wrote:
4 years ago
rogerandover wrote:
4 years ago

For the most part, it is just an extra land drop for most people. I recur it like crazy in my Yeva build to drop something like 4 or 5 forests per turn late game...something exploration can no longer do since they adjusted the rules. I am also running 37 forests.

I run nissa as well, and am considering replacing zendikar resurgent. The reason is that my end game is a mana lockout except for my forests being able to produce an additional green when tapped for mana (ritual of subdual, hall of gemstone being the relevant lockout enchantments).

Natural order is certainly a powerful card, but what else would you need to use it for that you probably could just cast anyway? I would think that a generic creature tutor that doesn't require a green creature on the battlefield is smarter here. In something like the cockroach tron (patron of the orochi thread), nyxbloom ancient probably wins the game, but in this build? I don't think it will win you the game on the spot so natural order seems a bit underwhelming.
So if I'm reading that right, you can sac touch for gg, find a way to play it again and because it says 'put a land into play' instead of 'play a land' repeat the effect for essentially an additional land drop? That's damn cool.

I've had really good results with Resurgent, but then my plan is the polar opposite to yours; end game is to basically hit top gear and overwhelm the board, or just hold out till I can burn life totals down. I can totally see how it doesn't fit with your late game plan otherwise.

Natural Order - I guess the dream is getting Ancient into play turn 3 or 4 and being that much closer to the finish line. Not sure about anyone else's mono green control but there probably isn't much else it can fetch that'll win the game on the spot (craterhoof, but that's a dead horse I don't want to beat), aside from maybe Kamahl. I could probably actually see chord of calling doing more with convoke and instant speed impact. It's been in and out of my build, and I should probably decide if it's in or out for good. It does set up really nicely for a game finishing turn.

weltkrieg

Yeah. I should mention that it's dependent upon me getting my temur sabertooth/eternal witness engine going, but since gaea's touch sacrifices itself for mana, it goes something like this. Play gaea's touch, activate for forest, sac for mana, play eternal witness to return gaea's touch to my hand, play touch again, etc. If you have a card draw engine going (beast whisperer or enchantress' presence, for example), you can vomit a lot of forests out of hand and draw a ton of cards.

It takes a lot of mana to play the forests in my hand in this way, but in the late game I absolutely spew my deck up and yes, I do overwhelm them, but I am usually aiming for a lockout (land echantments with vernal bloom that I previously mentioned or spore frog lock) until I land one or two win conditions (usually nylea's colossus and pathbreaker ibex). In the meantime, on my opponents turns, I will be happily blowing up every single non creature permanent they have and exiling their creatures...to say the least, the end game in my deck is rather mean. I usually get concessions before I get as far as the flawless victory.

To be honest, the zendikar resurgent does such good work that I am hard pressed to figure out what to take out. I don't know if the third mana doubler is worth it or not, though if nyxbloom ancient goes in..hmmmm. I actually took out mana reflection to add the resurgent.

rogerandover

It's cool that we have such diversity among our mono green control lists! :)

I get your point about Geae's Touch - thats pretty cool, but yeah, can see it being pretty mana intensive.

Just goldfished a game with Nyxbloom Ancient. Turn 8, I flashed in the ancient using Emergence Zone. Had Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, 7 devotion, 6-7 other lands and Ifh-Bíff Efreet. So, untapping, Shrine alone produced 30, plus the other lands, thats well over 40 damage to put into the Efreet. Also had Glacial Chasm in hand.

This is goldfishning, but still even with less devotion, that play would end the game pretty quick. I get your point on Natural Order, weltkrieg, and I play way less creatures then you guys, so what other options do we have? Right now, the only other tutors I play is GSZ and Worldly Tutor. Thoughts on Summoner's Pact?

Another thought, I've also been seeing more combo decks, not cEDH types, but my build have a hard time dealing with combos. Is there anything we could play to stop a combo, LabMan or New Heliod... would Bind be an option?

weltkrieg

It really depends on the combo. Heliod isn't so hard to stop (being an enchantment, indestructible or otherwise), lab man is harder.

I run the following that can deal with or disrupt permanent based combos, although not all at instant speed (unless I have a specific very dangerous card on the battlefield...): For tutors (I run a crap ton...) I think that's all of them? Remember, my list is flash enchantress that relies on finding creature answers or drawing into them. The dangerous card that I mentioned (that I can't tutor up easily, sadly) is vernal equinox

toctheyounger

weltkrieg wrote:
4 years ago
To be honest, the zendikar resurgent does such good work that I am hard pressed to figure out what to take out. I don't know if the third mana doubler is worth it or not, though if nyxbloom ancient goes in..hmmmm. I actually took out mana reflection to add the resurgent.
Yeah, looking at my list I actually don't have any mana doublers. Hmmm, wonder if that ought to be addressed. If I pull a Nyxbloom Ancient it'll be in here, and I've been thinking about tracking down Regal Behemoth after [mention]OCPunisher[/mention] recommended it, although Vernal Bloom would do just fine too. I dunno, I think past a certain point you get to a stage where you have so much mana it doesn't matter anymore, and it depends how reliably you can hit that mark as to whether there's a spot justified or not. Zendikar Resurgent is pretty excellent though, there's a lot of value on that card, and it does put the game on easy mode.
rogerandover wrote:
4 years ago
Just goldfished a game with Nyxbloom Ancient. Turn 8, I flashed in the ancient using Emergence Zone. Had Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, 7 devotion, 6-7 other lands and Ifh-Bíff Efreet. So, untapping, Shrine alone produced 30, plus the other lands, thats well over 40 damage to put into the Efreet. Also had Glacial Chasm in hand.
Good grief. That's crazy mana production. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the magical dreamland scenario of having Karametra's Acolyte enter the field with Bramble Sovereign in play and then dropping Nyxbloom Ancient. Even crazier if I can find Nacatl War-Pride too :D
rogerandover wrote:
4 years ago
Another thought, I've also been seeing more combo decks, not cEDH types, but my build have a hard time dealing with combos. Is there anything we could play to stop a combo, LabMan or New Heliod... would Bind be an option?
It depends on the combo for me too. Some I can stop. I've halted a coin flip Frenetic Efreet Izzet combo with a well-timed Beast Within before (they have to let one coin flip resolve to stack more flips in response, so at that point you pop their win con - I think this one was Lab Man or something).
Other than that, here's what I use:
Song of the Dryads
Reclamation Sage
Brutalizer Exarch
Duplicant
Thorn Mammoth
Terastodon
Emrakul, the Promised End
Beast Within
Force of Vigor
Wave of Vitriol

Personally, I'm sort of blessed in that if you swing for me, there's a really good chance I can hold you off, with fogs, beaters and just general resilience, so most combat related combos or synergies aren't quite what they would be against other builds. In terms of spell-based combos, I think I probably struggle as much as any other mono-green deck would; you'll notice most of my answers are creature based, and without Yeva therefore are in general sorcery speed outside of Canyons and Emergence. I think if you're seeing instant speed and spell-based sorceries Krosan Grip would be a really good addition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”