NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Oldwalkers in Brothers' War are done as very expensive planeswalkers. Had to poke about for oldwalkers. Guff knows literally everything, and Parcher doesn't have a lotta lore except he's powerful and crazy.

Commodore Guff 4UUUU
Legendary Planeswalker- Guff (M)
Your opponents play with their hands and the top card of each of their libraries revealed. You may look at the top card of your library at any time.
{+1}: Each opponent mills 5. Draw a card.
{-5}: Each player shuffles their hand and graveyard into their library and puts the top five cards of their library into their hand.
{-X}: Return X target creatures to their owners' hands.
{8}

(Did a Hullbreacher proof patch on the timetwister ability.)

Parcher, the Crazed 9R
Legendary Planeswalker- Parcher (M)
All targets chosen by your opponents are chosen at random.
{+1}: Create a 10/1 red Elemental creature token.
{-1}: Exile target permanent. Its controller reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent, put it under the battlefield under your control. It deals damage to you equal to its mana value.
{-1}: Parcher deals 5 damage to any target chosen at random. If Parcher damages himself in this way, you may activate one of his loyalty abilities an additional time this turn.
{10}

IIW: Lands

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Urza, Adamant Artificer 1UU
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer {M}
Artifact spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
4WW, T, Exile Urza, Adamant Artificer: Each nonland, nontoken permanent is sacrificed by its controller. Put three time counters on Urza. It gains suspend and "Cast this spell transformed."
1/4

//

Urza, the Returned
Legendary Planeswalker - Urza {M}
+1: Return up to one target artifact card with mana cost 1 or 0 from your graveyard to the battlefield.
-2: Create a 0/0 colorless Construct artifact creature token with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control."
-7: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of each end step, if it's not your turn, take an extra turn after this one."

IIW: A labor of love
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Is meg's new thing the ballsiest templating he can make up that's still "correct"

%$#% rad
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

i hope you are referring to the part I painstakingly researched and pieced together and not the part I shamelessly stole from Golgothian Sylex.
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Engine of the Skyshroud 1GG
Legendary Artifact - Engine Vehicle (M)
Planecrew -1 (Planeswalkers you control get [-1]: Engine of the Wilds becomes a Planeswalker until your next turn.)
+2 Put a growth counter on target permanent. It gains "T: Add G"
-2 Until your next turn, whenever a player casts a non-green spell, draw a card.
-5 Destroy all other artifacts and enchantments. Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token for each card put into a graveyard this way.

IIW: An Ascendancy from Streets of New Capenna

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

(Forgive me if I butchered this, I just read the lore a minute ago so this might not be in the right colors)

Bo Levar, Redeemed Buccaneer
Legendary Planeswalker — Bo Levar (M)
+1 : Create a Treasure token.
-2 : Exile target creature, then return it the battlefield at the beginning of your next turn's end step.
-7 : Permanents you control gain indestructible. Destroy all nonland permanents.

IIW: Streets of New Capenna!
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

With the five factions revealed as shards, Ob Nixilis is most likely either Riveteer (Jund, but black aligned) or Maestros (Grixis, but blue-aligned). Although he's most likely based on what we've seen of him so far, I think is better as a mafia don.

Mob Nixilis, Cruel Kingpin
3ubr
Legendary Planeswalker - Nixilis (M)
At the beginning of your end step, you may draw a card if a player other than you lost life this turn.
+1: Draw a card. Target player discards a card unless they pay 2 life.
-3: Target player sacrifices two creatures and/or planeswalkers unless they pay 4 life for each one.
-9: For each opponent, cast a spell from their graveyard unless that player pays 4 life. Repeat this process four more times.
<5>

Extra:

Nicol Bolas, In His Prime

Legendary Planeswalker - Bolas (M)
As long as it's your turn, Nicol Bolas is a 7/14 Elder Dragon creature with flying, double strike, indestructible, and "When Nicol Bolas deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles that many cards from their hand" and "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Nicol Bolas." He's still a planeswalker.
+3: Discard your hand. Draw seven cards.
-7: Nicol Bolas deals 7 damage to each other target.
-14: Each other player with no cards in their hand loses the game.
<7>

IIW: Creatures with mana value 1.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Inspired by a set booster

Tuesday, Diva Incognito WW
Legendary Creature - Human Bard (M)
At the beginning of each combat, another target creature you control gets +1/+1 and gains lifelink until end of turn.
Whenever another creature you control dies, exile Tuesday, Diva Incognito, then return her to the battlefield transformed.
2/2

//

Elspeth Reaffirmed
(W) Legendary Planeswalker - Elspeth (M)
0: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature and a loyalty counter on up to one target planeswalker.
-2: Create three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
-6: Return up to four target permanents from your graveyard to the battlefield. Put an indestructible counter on each of them.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Judging tonight.

Megiddo
MEG

i started making a dovin baan Brokers card because that's a perfect fit but he's DEAD
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

they even FAKED his death in the story, which would have been great!! but then they went and killed him again for real
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

dawg been baan'd -_-

Mergatroid_Jones

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
they even FAKED his death in the story, which would have been great!! but then they went and killed him again for real
They did? They shouldn't just kill characters off-screen like that. If Dovin is dead, they should make a "Dovin Dies" card.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
They did? They shouldn't just kill characters off-screen like that. If Dovin is dead, they should make a "Dovin Dies" card.

he ded

Megiddo
MEG

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago

he ded
believe it or not this was neither the death NOR the fake death
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Ah yes, the like 3rd dumbest thing about the WotS fiction
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I don't want to believe that

But regrettably that whole story is so messed up that's not even the most unbelievable thing about it

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Dovin, Raised From Ashes 2UB
Planeswalker — Dovin
+1: You lose 1 life and draw a card. Create an Ash token. (It's an artifact with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Target player mills four cards.")
-2: Until the beginning of your next turn, creatures attacking you get -X/-X, where X is 1 plus the number of Ashes you control.
-7: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent mills one or more cards, choose up to X target creatures, where X is the number of cards milled this way. Tap them. Put X -1/-1 counters on them."

this is definitely assuredly very real serious 100% true new capenna speculation maybe.

IIW: Phyrexia invades your favourite plane (or if it's already there, Segovia)
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
I don't want to believe that

But regrettably that whole story is so messed up that's not even the most unbelievable thing about it
"Aye, girl," said Ajani, grinning his leonin grin.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Mergatroid_Jones

Dovin, Who Actually Got Trapped With Bolas on the Prison Realm
Legendary Planeswalker- Dovin
Instant and Sorcery Spells cost more to cast.
{-4}: Draw2 cards.
{1}

IIW: cheap planeswalkers as attackable enchantments.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Dovin and Kaya 1WUB
Legendary Planeswalker - Dovin Kaya (M)
+1: Tap up to one target artifact, up to one target creature, and up to one target land.
-1: Create a tapped 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying, then investigate, then each opponent loses 1 life.
-6: Each player discards their hand. You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast an artifact spell, return up to one target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield, and vice-versa."
{[4]}

Kaya's Assignment 2W
Sorcery (R)
Choose one -
• Exile target planeswalker.
• Return target planeswalker card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Cycling 2
"Not my usual fare, but the pay and the cause were both right."

IIW: More dead planeswalkers

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
the DOOM COUNTER?????
I nosold this but I'm choosing to assume @Cythare meant for that result to literally only work with Baron Von Count

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Bovin Don, Inconspicous Moneychanger 2WW
Legendary Planeswalker — Dovin (M)
Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)
[+1]: Create a Treasure token. The next permanent spell you cast this turn enters the battlefield with an extort counter on it.
[-2]: Target artifact, creature, or enchantment becomes a Treasure artifact with "T, Sacrifice this permanent: Add one mana of any color" and "If mana generated by this permanent is used to cast a permanent spell, it enters the battlefield with an extort counter on it."
[-7]: You get an emblem with "If a source would deal damage to you or a planeswalker you control and you control a permanent with extort, you may prevent that damage. If you do, that source's controller gains control of a permanent you control with extort."
[4]

IIW: Moneychangers
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
the DOOM COUNTER?????
I nosold this but I'm choosing to assume @Cythare meant for that result to literally only work with Baron Von Count
I did not. The doom counter is an additional tip card that I forgot to include that is intended to break Limited stalemates (and will also edit into my previous post):

The Doom Counter
At the beginning of each player's end step, if the doom counter is greater than their life total and they have the lowest life total amongst players, they lose the game.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

NinjaCaterpie

Don't blame Wizards, blame Lazav. It's what his character would do :^)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

So 8 normal entries, and 4 dovin ones. Fair enough.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Sauron, Compleated Maia 1{/}
Legendary Planeswalker - Sauron
(/ can be paid with R, B, or 2 life. If life was paid, this planeswalker enters with two fewer loyalty counters.)
+1: Put a transient +1/+1 counter on up to one target artifact (it also affects permanents via attachment.)
0: Put or remove a Focus counter on target noncreature artifact. If you remove it, gain control of that artifact.
-3: Create a 2/4 black Specter artifact creature token with deathtouch.
I guess that Phyrexia would be the closest to Sauron's corruption on Middle Earth, but I don't like using the term compleated here. Still, a very good representation of his powers, even if I wouldn't put a straight up Sauron card in the LOTR set.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Gurgo, Space Child Prodigy 1RG
Legendary Planeswalker — Gurgo (M)
[+1]: Venture into the great beyond.
[-2]: Roll a six-sided die. If you roll a 6, create a The Space Family Goblinson token except it isn't legendary. Otherwise, create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token.
[-8]: You get an emblem with "If you would venture into the great beyond for the first time in a turn, instead venture into the great beyond three times."
[3]

The Great Beyond Tip Card
(When you venture into the great beyond, roll a six-sided die.)
1: Scry 1.
2: Create a 1/1 white Clown Robot artifact creature token.
3: Create a Food Treasure token.
4: Until end of turn, target permanent gains "The first time this permanent becomes tapped this turn, untap it."
5: Increase the doom counter.
6: Draw a card.

The Doom Counter
At the beginning of each player's end step, if the doom counter is greater than their life total and they have the lowest life total amongst players, they lose the game.

IIW: A Construct replacement of an existing legendary creature.
My wife loves Grogu, so I'm glad to see this here, and it definitely embraces the wackiness of unsets.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Oldwalkers in Brothers' War are done as very expensive planeswalkers. Had to poke about for oldwalkers. Guff knows literally everything, and Parcher doesn't have a lotta lore except he's powerful and crazy.

Commodore Guff 4UUUU
Legendary Planeswalker- Guff (M)
Your opponents play with their hands and the top card of each of their libraries revealed. You may look at the top card of your library at any time.
{+1}: Each opponent mills 5. Draw a card.
{-5}: Each player shuffles their hand and graveyard into their library and puts the top five cards of their library into their hand.
{-X}: Return X target creatures to their owners' hands.
{8}

(Did a Hullbreacher proof patch on the timetwister ability.)

Parcher, the Crazed 9R
Legendary Planeswalker- Parcher (M)
All targets chosen by your opponents are chosen at random.
{+1}: Create a 10/1 red Elemental creature token.
{-1}: Exile target permanent. Its controller reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent, put it under the battlefield under your control. It deals damage to you equal to its mana value.
{-1}: Parcher deals 5 damage to any target chosen at random. If Parcher damages himself in this way, you may activate one of his loyalty abilities an additional time this turn.
{10}

IIW: Lands
As powerful as these are, they'd be unlikely to see any play ever just due to prohibitive costs. I like the idea, but we've seen oldwalkers before in Serra the Benevolent and Freyalise, Skyshroud Partisan, and they were costed normally.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Urza, Adamant Artificer 1UU
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer {M}
Artifact spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
4WW, T, Exile Urza, Adamant Artificer: Each nonland, nontoken permanent is sacrificed by its controller. Put three time counters on Urza. It gains suspend and "Cast this spell transformed."
1/4

//

Urza, the Returned
Legendary Planeswalker - Urza {M}
+1: Return up to one target artifact card with mana cost 1 or 0 from your graveyard to the battlefield.
-2: Create a 0/0 colorless Construct artifact creature token with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control."
-7: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of each end step, if it's not your turn, take an extra turn after this one."

IIW: A labor of love
I like the story here, using a flipwalker to demonstrate Urza's spark igniting. I will say that references to the use of the Sylex have changed since the original printing (Urza's Ruinous Blast) so maybe don't use the bad old templating?
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Engine of the Skyshroud 1GG
Legendary Artifact - Engine Vehicle (M)
Planecrew -1 (Planeswalkers you control get [-1]: Engine of the Wilds becomes a Planeswalker until your next turn.)
+2 Put a growth counter on target permanent. It gains "T: Add G"
-2 Until your next turn, whenever a player casts a non-green spell, draw a card.
-5 Destroy all other artifacts and enchantments. Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token for each card put into a graveyard this way.

(Pst, you don't need to crew this to use its loyalty abilities.) And even if you did, you just don't crew it when they attack, and this is an unkillable planeswalker. I respect that it's not too powerful, but not really.
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
(Forgive me if I butchered this, I just read the lore a minute ago so this might not be in the right colors)

Bo Levar, Redeemed Buccaneer
Legendary Planeswalker — Bo Levar (M)
+1 : Create a Treasure token.
-2 : Exile target creature, then return it the battlefield at the beginning of your next turn's end step.
-7 : Permanents you control gain indestructible. Destroy all nonland permanents.

IIW: Streets of New Capenna!
You know just as much about his lore as I do, probably more, no worries. He was in the brother's war, but he didn't set off the sylex.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
With the five factions revealed as shards, Ob Nixilis is most likely either Riveteer (Jund, but black aligned) or Maestros (Grixis, but blue-aligned). Although he's most likely based on what we've seen of him so far, I think is better as a mafia don.

Mob Nixilis, Cruel Kingpin
3ubr
Legendary Planeswalker - Nixilis (M)
At the beginning of your end step, you may draw a card if a player other than you lost life this turn.
+1: Draw a card. Target player discards a card unless they pay 2 life.
-3: Target player sacrifices two creatures and/or planeswalkers unless they pay 4 life for each one.
-9: For each opponent, cast a spell from their graveyard unless that player pays 4 life. Repeat this process four more times.
<5>

Extra:

Nicol Bolas, In His Prime

Legendary Planeswalker - Bolas (M)
As long as it's your turn, Nicol Bolas is a 7/14 Elder Dragon creature with flying, double strike, indestructible, and "When Nicol Bolas deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles that many cards from their hand" and "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Nicol Bolas." He's still a planeswalker.
+3: Discard your hand. Draw seven cards.
-7: Nicol Bolas deals 7 damage to each other target.
-14: Each other player with no cards in their hand loses the game.
<7>

IIW: Creatures with mana value 1.
I agree, Mob Nixilis is probably Grixis in the upcoming set (Mostly because I don't think he sees himself aligned with the smashy family.) I think you might have overcosted Nixilis, and you definitely overcosted Bolas. See above oldwalker comment about how he'd never get cast. Ever.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Inspired by a set booster

Tuesday, Diva Incognito WW
Legendary Creature - Human Bard (M)
At the beginning of each combat, another target creature you control gets +1/+1 and gains lifelink until end of turn.
Whenever another creature you control dies, exile Tuesday, Diva Incognito, then return her to the battlefield transformed.
2/2

//

Elspeth Reaffirmed
(W) Legendary Planeswalker - Elspeth (M)
0: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature and a loyalty counter on up to one target planeswalker.
-2: Create three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
-6: Return up to four target permanents from your graveyard to the battlefield. Put an indestructible counter on each of them.

Elspeth going incognito in New Capenna, I like it! I really like the abilities, and the way it all ties together. Very nice, though we do know that SNC will not have DFC, unfortunately.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Dovin, Raised From Ashes 2UB
Planeswalker — Dovin
+1: You lose 1 life and draw a card. Create an Ash token. (It's an artifact with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Target player mills four cards.")
-2: Until the beginning of your next turn, creatures attacking you get -X/-X, where X is 1 plus the number of Ashes you control.
-7: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent mills one or more cards, choose up to X target creatures, where X is the number of cards milled this way. Tap them. Put X -1/-1 counters on them."

this is definitely assuredly very real serious 100% true new capenna speculation maybe.

IIW: Phyrexia invades your favourite plane (or if it's already there, Segovia)
I give it two burned thumbs up.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Dovin, Who Actually Got Trapped With Bolas on the Prison Realm
Legendary Planeswalker- Dovin
Instant and Sorcery Spells cost more to cast.
{-4}: Draw2 cards.
{1}

IIW: cheap planeswalkers as attackable enchantments.
Definitely trapped in the prison realm, not dead. <_< >_>
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Dovin and Kaya 1WUB
Legendary Planeswalker - Dovin Kaya (M)
+1: Tap up to one target artifact, up to one target creature, and up to one target land.
-1: Create a tapped 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying, then investigate, then each opponent loses 1 life.
-6: Each player discards their hand. You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast an artifact spell, return up to one target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield, and vice-versa."
{[4]}

Kaya's Assignment 2W
Sorcery (R)
Choose one -
• Exile target planeswalker.
• Return target planeswalker card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Cycling 2
"Not my usual fare, but the pay and the cause were both right."

IIW: More dead planeswalkers
Would Kaya even be willing to work with him at this point?
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Bovin Don, Inconspicous Moneychanger 2WW
Legendary Planeswalker — Dovin (M)
Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)
[+1]: Create a Treasure token. The next permanent spell you cast this turn enters the battlefield with an extort counter on it.
[-2]: Target artifact, creature, or enchantment becomes a Treasure artifact with "T, Sacrifice this permanent: Add one mana of any color" and "If mana generated by this permanent is used to cast a permanent spell, it enters the battlefield with an extort counter on it."
[-7]: You get an emblem with "If a source would deal damage to you or a planeswalker you control and you control a permanent with extort, you may prevent that damage. If you do, that source's controller gains control of a permanent you control with extort."
[4]

IIW: Moneychangers
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
the DOOM COUNTER?????
I did not. The doom counter is an additional tip card that I forgot to include that is intended to break Limited stalemates (and will also edit into my previous post):

The Doom Counter
DOOOOOOOOOOM! I like another incognito planeswalker, and this is a good card for Dovin. I also like bringing back Extort, and because it's hybrid mana, it can fit in every family.

HM: Cythare
Winner: @NinjaCaterpie
Next: Ascendancies from Streets of New Capenna (Shard colored ascendancies.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”