Wow, what is happening to card prices!?

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

I'll address comments in order of appearance:

@pokken I don't doubt that you do, I do as well. But I also see much more jank and flotsam buoying interest in edh than any reddit thread, moxfield decklist, or fabulous and diverse subforum would lead me to believe if I viewed them in isolation.

@3drinks Yeah, price memory has got to go. It's essentially toxic nostaligia that ignores evolutions of context and economics and as a result, serves to make people nothing but unhappy. You can't live in the past, Gatsby. Sorry, old sport.

@Rumpy5897 I think LGS's have their own can of worms as an observational data point for the larger edh community too. While they are probably the most visible example of the real-time edh meta, they still wildly fluctuate in power and prevalent strategies. For example, at my lgs Atomic Empire in Durham (you should all come visit, it's nice), you can't spit without hitting a graveyard-oriented deck. Lots of storm and turns at the top end as well. But there's also a sea of precons and chaff awkwardly rumbling on folding tables. It's a unique little microcosym but I'd hesistate to do any inductive reasoning about the format at large on its basis alone. Game Theory in Raleigh (the lesser of the lgs's in the triangle) has a totally different flavor and waaaaay more jank running around, and that's less than 45 minutes away. I strongly feel that until edh has expansive tournaments and equally deep tournament data (god forbid), the format is unsolvable and ultimately unknowable. Maybe I'm wrong, but it pleases me more to believe in a format of pure imagination.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”