Project: Online-Capable Un-Set

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Agent .7oz U
Creature - Hamster Spy
You may look at hidden cards not in libraries or hands.
You may cast hidden cards you own not in your library.
Hidden costs you pay cost 1 less.
1/2

Apparently it's a hamster invasion now. XD

Clumpscum 1
Creature - Human
Unliving Whuppin' (When this dies, create a 0/0 colorless Ass artifact vehicle token. It has crew -1.)
When Clumpscum dies, un-ass 2 (Put two +1/+1 counters on an Ass vehicle you control.)
(Negative crew costs can only be crewed with negative power.)

-1/1
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 20 times in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Apparently it's a hamster invasion now. XD
Well, Weird Al did make a song about an invasion by alien hamsters....
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Pygyzy

It only took me 2 days and 20 tries but I finally think I got it to work. The idea of riding around in a giant ass was just too funny. (See above.) Anyways, more cards.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Phriendly Rexian 1WW
Creature - Phyrexian Dinosaur Pirate
Bands with the chosen creature type
When Phriendly Rexian enters the battlefield, choose a creature type that was printed in Alpha and hasn't been erattad to be something else. Other creatures gain that creature type.
Creatures lose all creature types that haven't existed in real-life and can't gain them.
"How do you do, fellow... slugs?"
3/3

Brains Storm U
Instant
Look at the top three cards of your library. You may put them back in any order.
Draw a card, put Brains Storm on top of it's owner's library: Shuffle your hand. Activate this ability only if Brains Storm is in your graveyard.

Party Monster b
Creature - Monster
If your monster party is full, you may cast Party Monster from your graveyard. (Your monster party consists of up to one each of Gremlin, Ooze, Tentacle, and Mutant.)
"Are you going to Yargle's party later?"
2/1

Ill-Conceived Plan R
Enchantment
Spell and abilities you don't control must target you or permanents you control if able.
0: Exile Ill-Conceived Plan.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that you mention it..."

From Under! G
Enchantment
Change the text of all cards and spells not named From Under! by replacing the text, "top", with, "bottom", and vice versa.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Just a couple of stupid(ly fun) ideas.

Brain-a-la-carte 2BB
Creature - Brainiac Chef (C)
When Brain-a-la-carte enters the battlefield, if you played it from your hand, roll a d6. Create that many food tokens.
Sacrifice a food: Put a +1/+1 counter on target Brainiac or Villain creature.
0/3

(May be a tad to powerful for common or that mana value, but, eh.)

Tower of Killbots XX1
Artifact Creature - Killbot (R)
Tower of Killbots enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
When Tower of Killbots gets scrapped, create X colorless 2/1 Killbot artifact creatures, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Tower of Killbots.
Sacrifice a Killbot, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on Tower of Killbots.
0/1

See, it's a machine, so it can't technically die because it isn't alive to begin with. >.<

Edit: Upped Brain-a-la-carte's mana cost to 2BB from 2B
Last edited by Krishnath 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Pygyzy

I like em. Brain guy should probably be 4 mana. potential 6/7 for 3 is a bit much even if he'll always be a 1/4 when i play it.

Tower has potential to be quite strong and abusable so i dig it.

Im gonna take a stab at Mary O'Kill

Mary O'Kill, Emissary 5
Legendary Creature - Villain Diplomat
Other creatures you control are 2/1 colorless Killbot artifact creatures, with mana cost 2, instead of anything else. The same is true for creature spells you control and creature cards you own that aren't on the battlefield.
1: Switch Mary O'Kill with a non-Killbot creature on the battlefield, that doesn't have the same owner as Mary O'Kill, Emissary.
5/5

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

I expect this set to be complete by the end of this week.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Pygyzy

Hot Topic R
Sorcery
Hot Topic deals damage to target poster in this thread equal to the number of hours it's been since a new design has been posted. You may ignore this effect if you post a design or are @void_nothing.
It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about whether you post beebles.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Small Medium At Large RW
Creature - Kithkin Rogue Mystic (U)
Protection from spirits
Whenever a player rolls one or more die, that player creates a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.
"I foresee the law being to busy dealing with warring spirits than to look for me."
2/1

Pygyzy

Red Yarn Deductor R
Creature - Human Berserker
Permanents that share a word in their name also share their text box.
"It's quite simple really..."
1/1

Overly-Skeptical Skeptic W
Creature - Human Coward
Spirits don't exist on the battlefield. (They're still there, you just can't see them.)
Reveal a Spirit card from your hand: Until end of turn, cards with the same name as the revealed card can exist on the battlefield, if you provide a psuedo-scientific explanation, you haven't already explained this game, why it's not actually a Spirit,
"What appears to be a ghost, is actually a residual resonant vibration, amplified by crystalline minerals in the area. It's basic science."
1/2

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Supervillain Lair
Land - Lair (R)
T: Add C.
T: Add one mana of any color, that mana can only be used to cast Minion, Villain, Brainiac, Instant - Trap cards, and cards with Trap or Scheme in their names.

No points for guessing what computer game I've been playing lately.

Pygyzy

Forgotten Zone
Land - Lair
Forgotten zone can be played as a mana source. No, I don't care what the rules say.
T: Add one mana of any color that's shared by a permanent you control printed in a weird frame. (Weird is anything not normal.)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

What is normal? 2U
Enchantment (U)
Whenever you cast a spell in a weird frame, scry 1.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell in a weird frame, you may draw a card unless that player pays 2.

Pygyzy

The Other Others c
Creature - Weird Otter
The Other Others has power and toughness equal to the number of weird cards you control.
Subject: RE: ATTN: R&D, New Color Idea!
Dear Design Team, once again, Otter isn't a color. Otter colored cards make no sense. Please stop asking.

*/*
<This cards frame is composed entirely of otters. It has a cute otter face as it's color indicator. Otter-colored is colorless, but with otters.>

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Tripod Invader 5
Artifact Creature - Alien Machine (C)
Menace
Tripod Invader enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
T, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Tripod invader: Roll a d6, on a 3 or 4, put a +1/+1 counter on Tripod Invader, on a 5 or 6 put two +1/+1 counters on all cards named Tripod Invader.
1/1

Pygyzy

Octootco cccccccc
Legendary Artifact Creature - Spider Cyborg (M)
Flying, reach
Octootco enters the battlefield with eight leg counters on it.
Remove a leg counter from Octootco: Change all instances of a number or number word in the text of target spell or permanent to 8 or eight respectively.
8/8

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The Dread Gazebo 1W
Legendary Artifact Creature - Gazebo (R)
Defender
Whenever The Dread Gazebo blocks, roll a d6. On a six or higher, exile the blocked creature.
0/5

Pygyzy

Ominous Cloud 1ww
Creature - Elemental
Flying, first strike
0: Stare at target opponent. Activate only once during each turn.
"I saw 'em once when I was a child. It's been 84 years now. Oh! Is that them? No, just another cloud."
2/2

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

It's Muffin Time! 2UW
World Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each players upkeep, if that player has exactly 10 cards in their hand, they win the game.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

You two do realize that the point of the set is that it's implementable online?

EDIT: I hope I didn't come off too much of a downer, it's just that void_nothing started this thread in order to design an Un-Set that can be playable online.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
You two do realize that the point of the set is that it's implementable online?

EDIT: I hope I didn't come off too much of a downer, it's just that void_nothing started this thread in order to design an Un-Set that can be playable online.
Nothing we have posted can't be done online. Die rolling can easily be done with a random number generator for example.

Edit: Ok, @Pygyzy's "stare at an opponent" isn't implementable, but I do deliberately avoid things that reference clothing, rely on speaking (although that is workable in an online environment due to voice chat being common these days), or dexterity.

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

I remembered the online only thing after posting the "stare at opponent" I figured that's kinda the joke. Most likely you're staring at the screen already, and the intent is obviously Thunder Spirit that "gets around" reserved list "policy" (for limited play) by being "functionally different" in an Un-way. You could change it to "stare at the screen" but I figured clever players could use a stare emoji -.-

The Really Big Really Red Button
Enchantment
Rather than casting The Really Big Really Red Button for the first time each turn, generate a random number using a random number generator. The Really Big Really Red Button costs that much r to cast this turn.
As long as The Really Big Really Red Button is on the battlefield, each player gains an emblem with, "At the beginning of your upkeep, generate a random number using a random number generator. If it's a perfect prime, you win the game. If it's an odd prime, you lose the game."

@Sporegorger_Dragon that looks reasonable for online play >.<

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
I remembered the online only thing after posting the "stare at opponent" I figured that's kinda the joke. Most likely you're staring at the screen already, and the intent is obviously Thunder Spirit that "gets around" reserved list "policy" (for limited play) by being "functionally different" in an Un-way. You could change it to "stare at the screen" but I figured clever players could use a stare emoji -.-

The Really Big Really Red Button
Enchantment
Rather than casting The Really Big Really Red Button for the first time each turn, generate a random number using a random number generator. The Really Big Really Red Button costs that much r to cast this turn.
As long as The Really Big Really Red Button is on the battlefield, each player gains an emblem with, "At the beginning of your upkeep, generate a random number using a random number generator. If it's a perfect prime, you win the game. If it's an odd prime, you lose the game."

@Sporegorger_Dragon that looks reasonable for online play >.<
The Really Big Really Red Button is kinda broken. In most random number generators you can put in the numbers you want to generate between, and if I pick 1 for both. It's basically R = Your opponent wins the game in their upkeep.

Pygyzy

I knew I was missing something. Maybe I should designate1-100 (ooo a d100 would work)

I realize the it's not balanced but I figured I'd just put two extremes on there first then recalibrate it to something workable yougotthis yougotthis

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
I knew I was missing something. Maybe I should designate1-100 (ooo a d100 would work)

I realize the it's not balanced but I figured I'd just put two extremes on there first then recalibrate it to something workable yougotthis yougotthis
A d100 would be good. But you also have the issue of not a lot of people know all primes between 1 and 100. Most don't even know all primes between 1 and 20.

Pygyzy

Hmm...
Doomsday Dice Dude 50
Legendary Creature - Dice God
Doomsday Dice Dude costs 1 less to cast for each number or number word visible in the game.
As Doomsday Dice Dude enters the battlefield, roll a D100. DDD enters the battlefield as that die.
Die!/Die!

fearme

Edit: I just had an idea, would it be possible to add something like "The List" but its "The Un-Reserved List" meanis ing the cards are tweaked just enough for example:

Bloke Lettuce 0
Artifact
Reserve list (This card has the ability reserve list)
Black Lotus text goes here.

For those concerned this isn't supposed to be a way to get Black Lotus in the set on an extra sheet, instead I was hoping for an "Un-shifted" style extra card with the potential to include "reserve cards" as part of the joke and a theme. I was hoping for something like "reserve list card matters" and reserve list card hate etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”