I'm in a rut and I haven't seen a new commander that really speaks to me in ages.

FenrirRex
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FenrirRex » 3 years ago

3drinks wrote:
3 years ago
FenrirRex wrote:
3 years ago
Bear Force One is an enjoyable deck, definitely far outside of your normative play patterns so big ups on that. Don't forget the ultimate powerhouse that is Bear Cub- any opponent that kills it loses the game of having a soul.
Long ago, in the pre-mirrodin days, I played a mono-g deck full of just balduvian and grizzly bears, and the two copies of grizzly fate and overrun young me had. Every time I attacked, I'd look right and left, then raise a fist in the air and shout "BEAR POWER!" I miss these simpler, more goofy times. In Mirrodin, I only added grafted wargear because the guy looked like a bear, and bonesplitter because who isn't afraid of a bear with a rusty axe. To date this remains one of my most talked about times by those that know me. I'm anxious to revisit this all these years latre.
Well, now this just makes me want to take the bear arms concept and run it to its ridiculous conclusion. Run Ruxa, Patient Professor, a pile of vanilla bears, and all the similarly vanilla p/t boosting equipment you can dream of. Brute_Bears_Brandishing_Bardiches_Baybee.dek. It practically builds itself.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

Not to be a negative nancy but I doubt you're going to get out of a rut by playing a 1-trick-pony mono green deck that'll probably hold your attention for 2 or 3 games :) Good luck sir!

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
Not to be a negative nancy but I doubt you're going to get out of a rut by playing a 1-trick-pony mono green deck that'll probably hold your attention for 2 or 3 games :) Good luck sir!
You underestimate my love of bears then. How...BEARY...disappointing of you.

Moonlighter
Lunatic

Post by Moonlighter » 3 years ago

3drinks wrote:
3 years ago
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
You underestimate my love of bears then. How...BEARY...disappointing of you.
Well. There's Ur Sine. I think we should all take a long paws to reflect, unless one of us wants to make ourselves look like a big Pooh. Sometimes when you're playing a deck, @pokken, you don't want to make a big hullaBaloo. @3drinks also doesn't want to just be Paddingtons of old decks they have laying around with a few new cards every set. Maybe you're just feeling like dropping a cub-ple of creatures, seeing how they bear up, and den seeing what happens next.
Playing EDH: Alesha Who Smiles at Death; Baba Lysaga, Night Witch; Emiel the Blessed; Breena, the Demagogue; Xenagos, God of Revels; Seton, Krosan Protector; Phelddagrif.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

"How's it going?"

No one:

Me: I figured out how to both create literal #Bearmageddon and #BearsWithJetpacks and I'm so excited!

Eldrazi Monument
Nature's Revolt|TMP

Yep, this is completely what I needed to dive into 😂😂

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”