@mtgnexus Community Deck Project v10.0

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent
Pronoun: she / her

Post by aliciaofthevast » 6 months ago

I think it's pretty obvious we're going to have an abundance of rocks that tap for 2+, and so I think a set of keys will generate mana much more frequently than not. So I'll yay the keys.

Dragonlover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dragonlover » 6 months ago

I'll yay the keys, but I'm not able to be on the clock till Tuesday.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 6 months ago

That's enough to confirm the keys, so I'll get those added in. As Sunday is historically a quiet day, we'll be back Monday with the next couple of picks.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/K7V2la-2pkOuDI-9o2NolA

3drinks

New week, picks continuing, so let's continue with @aliciaofthevast and @TheGildedGoose.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 6 months ago

My nomination is Scrap Trawler. It's important for one of our combo lines if Walking Ballista/Forsaken Monument doesn't work:

1) Generate infinite mana and manifest your entire library with Omarthis, Ghostfire Initiate (henceforth known as Omar [@toctheyounger *left-handed guitar solo*])
2) Turn any sac outlet creature face up along with Myr Retriever, Scrap Trawler, and Junk Diver to be able to get every artifact back from your graveyard
3) Triskelion! Or, if that won't work, then turn up Meteor Golem to nuke their permanents

Sorry if I just dominated a bunch of picks inadvertently but we need combo lines.

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent

Scrap Trawler is a one card advantage machine that requires no further input. I think that's pretty strong as a way to recover multiply cards on it's own. I don't think this card can not be played in a colorless deck so I'll yay it. And I hope others do too!

For my card I think we have some pretty free real estate with All Is Dust so I'm gonna lead with that.

gsgfdf

Post by gsgfdf » 6 months ago

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 6 months ago

Yay and Yay this one feels easy so far

3drinks

Scrap Trawler is a confirm, and I'm confident enough to be the confirmation vote on All is Dust.

Today we'll put @toctheyounger and @gsgfdf on the clock.

gsgfdf

My nomination for this round is Ugin, the Ineffable
It discounts all our spells, it removes pesky things without a huge restriction and provides CA, all for the low price of

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 6 months ago

Yea Ugin the virgin.

It's kind of a maybe and probably a meta pick, but I'm wondering if Wandering Archaic // Explore the Vastlands does anything for us. In a vacuum, no, but I wonder if it makes us less of a glass cannon to any sort of interaction. At least if someone tries to get at us we can hurt them for it. Or just pick up the occasional but of ramp, draw, tutor stuff.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

3drinks

I do quite like wandering archaic. It either makes cultivate uncastable or lets us piggyback off of it, both modes we'll appreciate. Don't think the backside has ever mattered but that's irrelevant when you want the 4/4. It's even removal resilient since it asks for an extra cost or else gives us a copy of that removal. I would yay this card.

I'm less sold on Ugin, the Ineffable. Cost reducers are good, removal is good, but when it starts at 6 and then requires further investment to make ROI, I start to question my life choices. For instance, Karn Liberated is +1 on this to just hard remove something the same turn. I think we need more discussion before casting a vote.

On the clock today we'll finish off the cycle of picks with myself, and start the next round with @TheGildedGoose. And I think I'm gonna go with Desecrate Reality.

Ugin, the Ineffable yay - 1 nay - 0 And I think
Wandering Archaic // Explore the Vastlands yay - 1 nay - 0
Desecrate Reality yay - 0 nay - 0

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 6 months ago

Yea Wandering Archaic. That card is sweet and has no home, so let's toss it in. Yea Ugin, the Ineffable. Ugin can enable some silly plays if you can get some card draw going, enabling catapult turns, and removal is always welcome.

I'm less sure on Desecrate Reality. It's fun, no doubt, but conditional removal at seven mana, even with a solid upside, is a tough sell.

My nomination for today is Altar of Dementia. It's a sac outlet to manifest our entire library with once we've got infinite mana and Omar, kills someone in the process, and likely enables killing the other two players.

Dragonlover

Yay to Archaic, Ugin and the Altar.

I think I'm going to nay the Desecrate Reality. I played around with that wrath where you choose even or odd to wrath away and there was never a good choice, this just feels like a more expensive way to have the same feeling.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent

Desecrate Reality is an easy three for one, I don't see why people dislike it? I would yay this card.

I think I'm with Ugin. It's weird having a cost reducer so high on tht curve but this deck has an infinite curve right? Anything that lets us double spell is gonna be good I think.

Looks wandering archaic is a lock already so no vote required. I think Altar of Dementia is important too. Is it better than Ashnod's Altar? Guess we'll play both anyway. So yay in case that wasn't clear.

gsgfdf

Yay on Desecrate Reality, Wandering Archaic // Explore the Vastlands and Ashnod's Altar
Moxnix wrote:
6 months ago
Yay and Yay this one feels easy so far
I agree, it seems the deck builds itself a bit

3drinks

Unclear on goose's vote on desecrate reality, so I could not count that.

Let's put @MrBloo and @Dragonlover on the clock.

Ugin, the Ineffable yay - 4 nay - 0
Wandering Archaic // Explore the Vastlands yay - 4 nay - 0
Altar of Dementia yay - 3 nay - 0

Desecrate Reality yay - 2 nay - 1

Dragonlover

How closely wedded are we to RL avoidance? Is it a hard line or more like the budget one where it's flexible if if makes sense?

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 6 months ago

Nay reality
yay wandering
yay ugin
yay alter

3drinks

Dragonlover wrote:
6 months ago
How closely wedded are we to RL avoidance? Is it a hard line or more like the budget one where it's flexible if if makes sense?

Dragonlover
Keep singular cards under a $35 cap in case anyone wants to build the deck but doesn't want to buy a workshop. I find cards in the $30-$35 range more often than not get nayed though, unless it's highly, highly synergistic (yawgmoth in Lulu/Haunted One or Inkmoth in Livaan).

Dragonlover

Cool, in that case I nominate Lifeline to help us flip our manifests that aren't creatures.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent

Lifeline is interesting. It's kind of a fail with Omar (I'm keeping that name, yep!) right? And it's a delayed trigger. Is this really where we want to be? Idk I've never gotten to play with the card though.

3drinks

Didn't expect Desecrate Reality to be so split. Fascinating. I'm with Lish, I question if Lifeline is doing what we want given it is symmetrical. What are we doing, what's the combo's value (if any) to open ourselves to others value-looping their E-Wits? Before I cast a vote, let's have a conversation.

On the clock today we'll put @Moxnix and @toctheyounger.

Desecrate Reality yay - 2 nay - 2
Lifeline yay - 0 nay - 0

Dragonlover

I mean, it's only exploitable if the opponent with the Eternal Witness also has a sac outlet, otherwise they have to engineer it dying in some other way.

I know a lot of people like to 'white room' design decks, so assume everything will work perfectly, but I've been playing decks with manifest for years now and there's always something face down that you could really do with having face up, and Lifeline and a sac outlet is a way to get there, especially given we're in colourless so I'm pretty sure the self bounce options are extremely limited. I'm also assuming that things won't always go perfectly and we may need to play Omarthis outside of the combo because we just need something in play, at which point he's likely to die and thus we have things manifested.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 6 months ago

I'll get in on Lifeline, yea from me. I'm sure it'll have general value. Nay to Desecrate, I think it's probably just a tough angle to shoot some games.

If we're on Dementia, we probably want Ashnod's Altar too, so there's my nomination.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”