Mina and Denn's Hyperactive Nykthos

Dunharrow
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dunharrow » 2 years ago

How many 3 mana 'play lands from top of library' cards do you think I would want?
Courser of Kruphix
Augur of Autumn
Radha, Heart of Keld

They seem really good with turn 4 Mina & Denn. Also help me with my Possibility Storm shenanigans.
I think Augur of autumn is the best, followed by Radha (since M&D can give Radha trample). Courser can gain me infinite life though once I get Ashaya in the deck.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

I'd play them all especially since you can gain so much life off courser

Radha def the worst and first to cut

weltkrieg

Post by weltkrieg » 2 years ago

I agree with most of the changes made, including -sylvan caryatid, + manascape refractor.

However, I think that the lands could certainly be improved. In particular, mossfire valley, homeward path, and maybe lotus field all are questionable here.

They do nothing if you bounce them with your commander (lotus field is downright bad in particular even if it is good with untappers).

Homeward path is a colorless draw unless you have to deal with theft/grave theft.deck a lot (my meta doesn't). I see one solitary strip mine, maybe replacing homeward path with an additional source of non basic hate would be a solid idea?

Mossfire valley is actively useless without other mana sources. If you must run this, then I would go with Fire-Lit Thicket instead. It at least provides colorless mana on its own.

I see a blighted woodland and ancient tomb in your list. I think I would likewise run Myriad Landscape if these are acceptable. One of my favorite ramp plays is t1 myriad landscape, t2 land/sol ring, crack the myriad landscape (alternatively ancient tomb).

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 2 years ago

weltkrieg wrote:
2 years ago
I agree with most of the changes made, including -sylvan caryatid, + manascape refractor.

However, I think that the lands could certainly be improved. In particular, mossfire valley, homeward path, and maybe lotus field all are questionable here.

They do nothing if you bounce them with your commander (lotus field is downright bad in particular even if it is good with untappers).

Homeward path is a colorless draw unless you have to deal with theft/grave theft.deck a lot (my meta doesn't). I see one solitary strip mine, maybe replacing homeward path with an additional source of non basic hate would be a solid idea?

Mossfire valley is actively useless without other mana sources. If you must run this, then I would go with Fire-Lit Thicket instead. It at least provides colorless mana on its own.

I see a blighted woodland and ancient tomb in your list. I think I would likewise run Myriad Landscape if these are acceptable. One of my favorite ramp plays is t1 myriad landscape, t2 land/sol ring, crack the myriad landscape (alternatively ancient tomb).
Fire-Lit Thicket should replace mossfire valley. It is actually a placeholder. The idea is that often I am making a ton of green mana and need a way to filter it into red.
Homeward Path - This could be come Thawing Glaciers, I suppose.
Lotus Field is pretty strong with untappers, but also good with Life from the Loam. I guess time will tell how useful it is, but this is one of the reasons I have Magus of the Candelabra - to untap Lotus Field + Nykthos + Ancient Tomb and net a lot of mana.
Myriad Landscape is a good card but I cut it as the come into play tapped is not always great. Thinking on this, I doubt I am sacrificing Blighted Woodland very often, so maybe that can be cut for something better. I noticed that Deserted Temple was missing from my list.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”