Mono U artifacts

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing lists and ideas y'all.

While looking through some of them I was reminded that I get to play Master Transmuter and Vedalken Shackles, which are much more reasonably priced than they used to be. Reshape and Rings of Brighthearth too. So, that's exciting. It's unfortunate that Tezzeret the Seeker comes with the price tag that he does though.

I think I will go with Emry over Muzzio. He seems just a little too one note and fragile by comparison, although I'll definitely revisit him someday.

So, I think my engine will be based on Unwinding Clock and Clock of Omens. Cards that make multiple artifacts for tapping/untapping will be at a premium, so Genesis Chamber, Myr Battlesphere, Thopter Spy Network, Sai, Master Thopterist/Efficient Construction/Mirrodin Besieged, Whirler Rogue, Precursor Golem, etc. look great. I suppose the rest of the deck will be value city with a few slots for the eventual combo finish(es) with no fewer than 3 pieces since I don't wanna be "that" player.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

If you're running Unwinding Clock and Clock of Omens, I'll call out Grindclock and Midnight Clock to fill out the clock tribal slots. Then animate them with Rise and Shine to clean your opponents' clocks!

MeowZeDung

Mookie wrote:
3 years ago
clock tribal
trollolololol. This genuinely made me smile. Seriously though, I forgot Grindclock existed. I was going to run Perpetual Timepiece probably. I wonder if the clock is just better?

Midnight Clock is a shoe in IMO. I love that card.

Oof. Rise and Shine is a beating. Good call. Maybe instead of combo I could just do mono blue overrun with this and March of the Machines.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
So, I think my engine will be based on Unwinding Clock and Clock of Omens. Cards that make multiple artifacts for tapping/untapping will be at a premium, so Genesis Chamber, Myr Battlesphere, Thopter Spy Network, Sai, Master Thopterist/Efficient Construction/Mirrodin Besieged, Whirler Rogue, Precursor Golem, etc. look great. I suppose the rest of the deck will be value city with a few slots for the eventual combo finish(es) with no fewer than 3 pieces since I don't wanna be "that" player.
I feel at least semi-honoured :D
It's unfortunate that Tezzeret the Seeker comes with the price tag that he does though.
That part gives me the blues. OG Tezz is a really great toolbox card that does nice stuff with nice things. I had no idea it had gotten so out of hand.

I don't doubt it'll get reprinted in some future commander deck, though. They seem to be putting PWs in them.

MeowZeDung

Sinis wrote:
3 years ago
MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
I feel at least semi-honoured :D
It's unfortunate that Tezzeret the Seeker comes with the price tag that he does though.
That part gives me the blues. OG Tezz is a really great toolbox card that does nice stuff with nice things. I had no idea it had gotten so out of hand.

I don't doubt it'll get reprinted in some future commander deck, though. They seem to be putting PWs in them.
I wasn't casting any aspersions as to who "that" player could be :rofl: I've been "that" player before.

Hopefully we'll get a Tezz reprint. I'd love a copy eventually. He's not worth the cost of pizza + delivery though. No siree.

toctheyounger
Pronoun: he / him

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

Damn, Tezz got pricey! I got a foil copy from an MM2 pack crack back in the day along with Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (2nd best pack I've ever cracked, first was foil Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and Mox Amber).

You could go with making your artifacts into other things as a win-con. Sakashima's Will, Masterful Replication, Faerie Artisans etc.

Oh also, Throne of the God-Pharaoh will get you there for a win-con with tapping things.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

MeowZeDung

toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago
Damn, Tezz got pricey! I got a foil copy from an MM2 pack crack back in the day along with Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (2nd best pack I've ever cracked, first was foil Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and Mox Amber).[/card]
Yeesh. Some people have all the luck. I think my biggest money opens ever were Karn, Scion of Urza when he was really pricey and (in a different pack) a non-foil Teferi, Hero of Dominaria (hmph, foil showoff. . .). That was like a week after I 5-0'd two dominaria pre-releases, one sealed deck having Muldrotha, the Gravetide + Slimefoot, the Stowaway + Tatyova, Benthic Druid. Dominaria was good to ol' Meow.
You could go with making your artifacts into other things as a win-con. Sakashima's Will, Masterful Replication, Faerie Artisans etc.

Oh also, Throne of the God-Pharaoh will get you there for a win-con with tapping things.
I like both of these ideas. The Rise and Shine/March of the Machines plan is appealing, and Masterful Replication targeting a sweet Faerie Artisans token is right in line with that strategy.

Throne as a single card Plan B wincon is sweet too!

toctheyounger

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
Yeesh. Some people have all the luck. I think my biggest money opens ever were Karn, Scion of Urza when he was really pricey and (in a different pack) a non-foil Teferi, Hero of Dominaria (hmph, foil showoff. . .). That was like a week after I 5-0'd two dominaria pre-releases, one sealed deck having Muldrotha, the Gravetide + Slimefoot, the Stowaway + Tatyova, Benthic Druid. Dominaria was good to ol' Meow.
I got another non-foil Teferi, Hero of Dominaria in a separate pack too that same night. That box was bonkers. I'm purely a 'hot singles in your area' guy these days though. Parenthood is expensive and so is sealed product in NZ.

Kudos for avoiding Aetherflux Reservoir btw, that card is so anticlimactic.

MeowZeDung

toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago
I got another non-foil Teferi, Hero of Dominaria in a separate pack too that same night. That box was bonkers. I'm purely a 'hot singles in your area' guy these days though. Parenthood is expensive and so is sealed product in NZ.

Kudos for avoiding Aetherflux Reservoir btw, that card is so anticlimactic.
Yeah, it's all singles for me going forward too. I did a box of M21 and a box of Kaldheim. I actually got good value out of both, but gosh you just get so much chaff and unless you're drafting with it I personally feel like there's such a loss there. Singles keep me brewing commander decks and cubing with new stuff. I simply don't need *every* card.

Re: reservoir - I had my fun with it, so I don't need to scratch that itch. It has it's place as a "I literally have no other way to win this game, so I'll try to resolve this and hope it doesn't get countered" type of card. The problem is, it inevitably gets tutored for and built around and is just a win button. Or it's the worst kind of table politics and blackmail where the reservoir player gets to 51 life and now you can't do anything to them unless you want to just pick up your cards and sit there watching the rest of the game play out exactly the way you know it will.

toctheyounger

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah, it's all singles for me going forward too. I did a box of M21 and a box of Kaldheim. I actually got good value out of both, but gosh you just get so much chaff and unless you're drafting with it I personally feel like there's such a loss there. Singles keep me brewing commander decks and cubing with new stuff. I simply don't need *every* card.
Agreed. I'm torn with MH2, those fetches call to me. But the cost though....

MeowZeDung

toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago
MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
Agreed. I'm torn with MH2, those fetches call to me. But the cost though....
Yeah... there's definitely 3 of the 5 that I want. I'm hoping the price dips significantly, but they're still going to cost a chunk of change. Still, buying the singles is better than playing booster slot machines and risking a low value box.

I think the real trick is timing when to buy the singles for max savings. Not being in standard rotation is a factor too. If someone knows, educate me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”