JumpStart

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

This is a product for beginners, right?
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

ilovesaprolings
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
It's a product for people that want to pay more and get less cards, or that desperately need basic lands.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
Some what of a crossover of smash up

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

ilovesaprolings wrote:
4 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
It's a product for people that want to pay more and get less cards, or that desperately need basic lands.
Or for collectors who want to get those exclusive art basic lands.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

As always, I'll be waiting until we get some card lists to determine whether or not this product is worth getting for me. Although I am interested in the basics, they are not that important and will probably become affordable within a few weeks of the sets release to buy as singles.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Atraxian

Personally, I'm interested in the lands too, but only if there is an angel-themed plains like the floating plains from Dominaria reminiscent of the Serra's realm.
Angels Enthusiast

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

JaceBluesMaster wrote:
4 years ago
This pretty much sounds like WotC's answer to Key Forge. Show up, buy some packs, start playing the game.
I wonder if Hasbro paid royalties to Alderac Entertainment for this
Smash-Up version of Magic.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

this is the first upcoming Arena thing that makes me wanna play Arena so it works for me >:)

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

Wonder if they would work in our casual Wizards Tower games ever so often. Maybe a once of for fun multiplayer

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Cute product and I very muck acknowledge that I am not the target audience lol. The basics sound neat, can't wait to see them!
It's a product for people looking for a non-tradition Sealed experience and want to have fun with some friends. Not every product has to be about HASHTAG VALUE.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Atraxian

Well, if you are happy to pay more for less...

It is like comparing the Game Night product (5 ready to play 60 black bordered card decks with some exclusives) for 30$
with
UNsanctioned (5 30 cards silver border decks with cards that you can't use anywhere else) for 55-60$ just because of 5 full-art lands.

But if the product is intended to "have fun with some friends" then, paying an overprice for having less value is ok, right?
Angels Enthusiast

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

I would compare this to eating at a restaurant or getting food to go from a store like Wegman's. Sure, you could make the dish yourself, but you're going there to have someone more experienced make it for you and you're paying for the convenience. If you want to have this experience without the small added cost, you can spend the time making deck lists and organizing the packs yourself. I don't see why this is such a terrible thing for Wizards to do. Most regular booster packs are going to be worth less than $4, but I don't see people whining about that.

Again, this product is definitely not for me and that's perfectly okay. I've seen tons of people psyched about it and they're the people that matter here.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”