@mtgnexus Community Deck Project v10.0

Dragonlover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dragonlover » 7 months ago

Dammit Moxnix that was gonna be my pick! Yay Mystic Forge, it's a lot of extra cards a lot of the time.

Ok, how about Forsaken Monument? Ramps, buffs our manifests and I'm never one to complain about incidental lifegain.

Also shall we be sensible and chuck Sol Ring directly into the list so we don't have to waste a vote on it?

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 7 months ago

Yea to both Mystic Forge and Forsaken Monument. Monument is an obvious inclusion, and Forge is an okay card advantage engine in mono-brown.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 7 months ago

Yea forge, monument, and I agree, let's just get Sol in there. Obvious add is basically an extra land.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 7 months ago

Yay monument

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent
Pronoun: she / her

Post by aliciaofthevast » 7 months ago

I would support both the Forge and the Monument! Think they've both got their votes though but just in case.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 7 months ago

Moxnix wrote:
7 months ago
Well I'm not exactly sure where we want to go stax or infinite mana combos into commander or just value town with his abilities I think any build we have is going to struggle for CA in colorless so I'm going to nominate Mystic Forge which should be excellent be it for going off or just a CA engine I think its going to be hard for that to miss in mono brown.
I imagine even as the resident stax player, that's probably not where this goes because of the social stigma around it. I don't know if you have had it, but I've been asked not to play a deck just because someone saw my Tabernacle while shuffling. I imagine that's a common response towards any kind of full on stax deck.
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

toctheyounger

3drinks wrote:
7 months ago
I imagine even as the resident stax player, that's probably not where this goes because of the social stigma around it. I don't know if you have had it, but I've been asked not to play a deck just because someone saw my Tabernacle while shuffling. I imagine that's a common response towards any kind of full on stax deck.
This, but also I don't even necessarily see how we would leverage stax well with the build. Obviously Tabernacle is out, but other stuff like Smokestack and Tangle Wire...there's just nothing inherent in this commander that works around those synergies.

The closest I can see for somewhere to go is counters matter (modular and Ozo I guess) with some big mana and sac outlets for our commander to manifest a board state overwhelming enough to win with. There's plenty of ways we can go mana infinite, we're halfway there already. Ballista and Trike for win on the spot mana sinks, I think that's probably what we're looking at predominantly.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

toctheyounger wrote:
7 months ago
3drinks wrote:
7 months ago
This, but also I don't even necessarily see how we would leverage stax well with the build. Obviously Tabernacle is out, but other stuff like Smokestack and Tangle Wire...there's just nothing inherent in this commander that works around those synergies.

The closest I can see for somewhere to go is counters matter (modular and Ozo I guess) with some big mana and sac outlets for our commander to manifest a board state overwhelming enough to win with. There's plenty of ways we can go mana infinite, we're halfway there already. Ballista and Trike for win on the spot mana sinks, I think that's probably what we're looking at predominantly.
Hm? We make tokens, which are great fodder for both Smokestack and Tangle Wire.

toctheyounger

TheGildedGoose wrote:
7 months ago
toctheyounger wrote:
7 months ago
3drinks wrote:
7 months ago

Hm? We make tokens, which are great fodder for both Smokestack and Tangle Wire.
Yeah but like once on a death trigger. I think there's room for maybe one or two select pieces but idk that I'd go all in on a suite here.

Moxnix

TBF the counter spell eldrazi fits the stack build better and since our command zone has reach infinite mana combo seems probably is just better?

3drinks

I think it's pretty clear that Forsaken Monument and Mystic Forge have been confirmed. I also added Sol Ring because obviously. I'm of the opinion that sol ring isn't an auto-include and there are decks that won't leverage this (the same decks that pass on ancient tomb, typically), but colourless is not that deck.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/K7V2la-2pkOuDI-9o2NolA

Today we'll put @toctheyounger and @gsgfdf on the clock.
Moxnix wrote:
7 months ago
TBF the counter spell eldrazi fits the stack build better and since our command zone has reach infinite mana combo seems probably is just better?
Do you mean the colourless counterspell, Not of This World? Or do you mean Kozilek, the Great Distortion?

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

Moxnix wrote:
7 months ago
I guess. So, we just shoot for infinite mana, make our commander infinitely large, sacrifice it, manifest our entire library, then win from there with some mono-brown creature combo?

Moxnix

I meant kozilek and gilded goose has the same idea I had pretty much.

3drinks

What are we doing with such a combo? We don't have mass haste I think. Altar of the Brood? Seems flimsy.

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Moxnix

Cogwork assembler seems like the most compact option but once we manifest an entire deck finding a kill condition should not be an issue even in colorless. coloress does have mass haste if we want akromas memorial I just think cogworker would be easier might even be something better haven't really looked yet.

toctheyounger

I'm still getting a feel for where we're going, but it's fleshing out I think. I'm gonna nominate Inspiring Statuary. Our commander gets a discount from it, any titans we run do too, not sure it's AMAZING here but it could help with bigger pieces landing in play ahead of curve.

3drinks

I'm not sure, I think we get tripped up by that nomartifact clause. This card wants to use artifacts to cheat cast non artifacts and I don't think that's where we are in c.

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent
Pronoun: she / her

Post by aliciaofthevast » 7 months ago

You mean I'd have a chance to use my schematic inspiring statuary? Hmm, but I wonder how much more than an everflowing chalice it is here.

gsgfdf

Post by gsgfdf » 7 months ago

I must admit I have no clue how to build a colorless deck.

Nay on Inspiring Statuary, I think by definition we will lean a lot on artifacts and I don't want to run something counterintuitive to that.
For my nomination let's go with something safe like Thran Dynamo.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 7 months ago

Nay on Statuary, I don't think we'll have enough non artifacts to make it worth it. Yay to Dynamo.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

3drinks

Looks like Statuary is a cut, or if not I'll clarify my vote above is a nay. I will, however, yay Thran Dynamo bringing that to two.

Finishing out this cycle of picks is myself, with Basalt Monolith since it was mentioned before as a key card. And to start the next cycle of picks off, let's go with @Moxnix.

Thran Dynamo yay - 2 nay - 0
Basalt Monolith yay - 0 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

Yea to Dynamo and Monolith. The deck is now building itself a bit, but let's get the unfun obvious includes out of the way first.

Moxnix

Yay dynamo and basalt monolith and ill nominate Manifold Key which pairs nicely with them. Don't know if we want to vote for both keys at once but I think we want them both.

MrBloo

Post by MrBloo » 7 months ago

All Is Dust Seems like another free include here yes?

3drinks

Yeah, we'll run the keys together, it's like the same thing really. Dynamo and Monolith have been confirmed.

Today we'll put @MrBloo and @Dragonlover on the clock.

Voltaic Key/Manifold Key yay - 1 nay - 0

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”