Kenny, He is the Land

Tevesh
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Tevesh » 2 years ago

Replacing a Banned card:
Changes 12/15/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Golos is silly, so I was having a hard time figuring out what to replace him with. I decided to settle on Glen Elendra Archmage because she'll protect my board fairly cheap. Kenny can give her a +1/+1 to reset the Persist, her Persist also means I can feed her to Birthing Pod and Prime Speaker Vannifar to continue up the chain. Flying doesn't hurt either for Blocks. Incidentally, she's also a pretty good Journey to Eternity // Atzal, Cave of Eternity target, as she self Sacrifices letting me get that land into action.

Tevesh

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals:
Changes 12/25/21
Approximate Total Cost:

I played in the wilds a week or so for the first time in literal years. Thanks Covid. I played my Wulgar deck, turning sideways and smacking fools. Apparently, this was too good because to me it's a solid Casual deck. Next, people started playing decks that would Combo out of nowhere. It got annoying, because I'd have a great board state and then somebody would assemble something for the win. I guess this means I need more Pubstomper decks. I did think of brewing something, but I realized that Kenrith is pretty damned powerful, I could do some tweaks and move him up a Tier in my deck rota.

I decided to axe all of the tutors. Otherwise I'd always be tutoring up two card combos. Instead, I'm going to play with a bunch of cards that are good separately but when put together, they cause an Infinite. Search for Azcanta unfortunately became a casualty in this, as I found it was one of the Flip Lands that didn't do much.

Druids' Repository and Bear Umbra, as well as Nature's Will go Infinite with Najeela and Aggravated Assault. Sage of Hours goes Infinite if I have ten mana with Kenny and considering the deck is all about making Lands Flip, I think I'll be OK in that department.

Tevesh

Upping the ante on comborific pubstomping:
Changes 01/05/22
Approximate Total Cost:

Nissa would get me one extra card and maybe a land drop. She's also fetch me a Forest which the deck only has two of. So, minimal impact and inconsistent. Zirda comes in to help Kenny combo off, or just generally be a pain in the ass, like W turning in 5 Life, 1U a card and 2B into a Creature. It also halves the mana I need for Sage of Hours.

Overcharged Amalgam is better than Mystic Snake in numerous ways. It kills itself for Kenny to have a Counter on demand. It flies to block if I need that and goes neutral with Greater Good if I'm desperate to dig for answers. Also, it hits Activated and Triggered abilities, all without the need for Green.

Since almost all of the combo pieces cost 3 or less, Sun Titan seems like a better include here than Muldrotha. She might get stuck casting the wrong thing, Titan does it for free, on swing and his Vigilance means I can safely poke out.

Wilderness Reclamation is great but Sword of Feast of Famine is better. It's under 3 for Sun Titan and goes Infinite with Najeela, the Blade-Blossom.

Tevesh

Cutting out the combo:
I did not enjoy the direction the combos brought the deck, so I've excised most of their parts. I am still keeping Sage of Hours because it's an on-the-spot wincon. In its stead, I've put in more smaller Ramp that should help me transition more smoothly into the midgame. After that, I put in a lot of Interaction because I realized most of mine is Sorcery-speed. Need some fast, spot removal. Lastly, I put in two Creature tutors so that I can fetch whatever I need.

Kenny will stay in the pubstomper tier because while I don't think it is as good as Marchesa or Rakdos, I feel like it easily preys on weaker decks due to having such a redundant, inevitable value engine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”