Random Card of the Day: Caparocti Sunborn

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

I despise the Beast creature type, since it only serves as a catch-all for what could be more flavorful types. That being said, early Magic was perhaps a little too overly specific in creature types, what with its Uncle-Istvans, Wolves-of-the-Hunt, Spider-With-One-Leg-Shorter-Than-the-Others, and so on.

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

I used to feel the same way about Beasts until I found out there are still a lot more Humans than Beasts.

3/29/23 Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

only 5 mana cmc, she will be quite strong in decks that abuse citp. Even retains the p/t she had when she was still 7 cmc.

edit:

modern deck by Truong (Khepi) Nguyen reached top 8 in OBG RCQ with three copies of Norn in the main.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/1FoBtcBXtkiUeUrNHxlFjQ
Last edited by The Fluff 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

3/30/23 Rousing Read

RabidVacin

3/31/23 Hinterland Harbor

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

decent enemy color Check land from Dominaria. Should be good for formats where fetch lands are not legal. For formats where fetch lands are legal, I would still prefer duals that can be fetched.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
3/27/23 Dimir Doppelganger

The original version of Lazav, the Multifarious/Phage the Untouchable combos!
RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
3/2/23 Nucklavee

In mythology this thing is way weirder than depicted here.
RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
I used to feel the same way about Beasts until I found out there are still a lot more Humans than Beasts.

3/29/23 Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines

Power level aside, and the Praetors should be powerful, I think this is a great design and extra triggers is a nice thing for white to be the best at.
RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
3/30/23 Rousing Read

I like Auras with ETB abilities because that mitigates the two-for-one problem.
RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
3/31/23 Hinterland Harbor

Much better than thirdlands if you're in only two colors, but the returns diminish the more colors you're playing.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

4/03/23 Shadowstorm

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Well that's rather narrow.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

narrow indeed.

but would have used these as sideboard if I had some years ago. Experienced being ko'd a few times by Soltari Trooper and Soltari Lancer from the Shadow deck that my cousin used. That was the time we were so new to the game. Fun newbie days. :rofl:

RabidVacin

4/04/23 Forerunner of the Legion

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Part of an unusual four-card cycle.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

first time to see this vampire fetcher. Putting on top of library has a bit of disadvantage though...because it eats up the next draw.

RabidVacin

4/05/23 Arjun, the Shifting Flame

RabidVacin

4/06/23 Hythonia the Cruel

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

that's a rather high monstrosity cost.. but if she was hard cast, I guess it's justified, since it's a board wipe for non-gorgon decks. :grin:

OneAndOnly

There aren't a lot of Gorgons to support it (Scryfall shows 19; quite a few are multicolored), not including changelings. Of course, black also has access to Conspiracy to help things.

That being said, even if she's left as the sole survivor, a 7/9 isn't bad -- in 1v1, that's three swings with no other considerations, and the first one's pretty much free. In EDH or other multiplayer / non-20-life formats, you'd better be comboing to win, because you just torqued off the rest of the board.

And it least it isn't Keepsake Gorgon -- talk about high cost with very little pay-off!

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

to be fair, the Hythonia is legendary, while Keepsake is just uncommon.

I do agree 7/9 left on the field isn't bad at all. Just takes a lot of mana to do the board wipe ability.

RabidVacin

4/07/23 Pir, Imaginative Rascal

RabidVacin

4/10/23 Fake Your Own Death

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

trying not to rant about SNC card names rn x3 they are really going hard on this false demise theme in black, a new instant that provides it in virtually every set, and none'll ever beat Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire, or rather, if one does it'll be too good imo

RabidVacin

4/11/23 Collateral Damage

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Collateral Damage is a good follow up after attacking with Keldon Marauders, if marauders are blocked use this in response.

RabidVacin

4/12/23 Knight of Valor

OneAndOnly

Thaf 'outflanking' ability really should be repeatable. As written, it just says "I'm really a 3/3 in disguise!" Uncapping the ability means it could take on Eldrazi, if you can sink enough mana into it.

That being said, creatures getting -1/-1 feels weird in monowhite. So does extort.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”