Random Card of the Day: Midnight Scavengers

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

2/23/23 Unnatural Aggression

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I like devoid - it's an easy way to add flavor and it was something different - but so many of the noncreature devoid spells were overcosted. Even instant-speed fight is not quite good enough for three mana.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

2/24/23 Silverbluff Bridge

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

One of my genuine favorite dual land cycles ever.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

2/27/23 Dirtcowl Wurm

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Unfortunately, even in the most casual games, it's hard to see how Dirtcowl Wurm grows enough to be worth it. These days this ability would probably go on a 1/1 for 1R or something.

RabidVacin

2/28/23 Noetic Scales

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

One of those things that feels like it should be better than it is.

RabidVacin

3/01/23 Choked Estuary

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

For my money the show-lands are one of the best nonfetchable dual land cycles, they're just not all that exciting.

RabidVacin

3/02/23 Epitaph Golem

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Gravestone robot! This is about what I want an uncommon midsize artifact creature for Limited to be.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

it picks up the junk and recycles back into the deck. Although it can only put at the bottom, this effect is still strong if the deck is built for it.

3 power kills weenies and 5 toughness makes him a reliable blocker.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
2/27/23 Dirtcowl Wurm

A rare that could reasonably be reprinted as a common.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

RabidVacin

3/03/23 Immaculate Magistrate

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lore time: Immaculate is the second of the four beauty-based ranks of Lorwyn's elves, above the normal hoi polloi of faultless and below exquisites (the caste packmasters come from) and perfects (the ruling class).

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

oh, nice info. I didn't know that.

anyway, this elf is really strong in the casual elves deck I built a few years ago. For casual games with friends.
however, she's too slow and does not really fit into competitive elves decks used in Legacy.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

3/06/23 Wandering Troubadour

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

This probably has good reason to not be landfall. Repeatedly getting dungeon effects is good in Limited.

RabidVacin

3/07/23 Dragon Egg

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The flavor!

RabidVacin

3/08/23 Samut, Voice of Dissent

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

She's fast! Fun commander for the off-color color identity.

RabidVacin

3/09/23 Hungry Mist

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Creatures with upkeep costs were a lot more common once upon a time. 6 power for four mana was notable back then, but wow is this fragile.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”