NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Calcification WWWWW
Sorcery (R)
Exile all mulitcolor permanents, then destroy all nonwhite creatures.
"I'm not racist, I'm just prefer a state of hegemony."

IIW: Old school color-hosing.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

excuse me
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

The challenge is Mono White. MtG has had some questionably racist cards printed in White, so I decided to riff on that. Also, it's been three days - we're into troll time.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Faithful Disciple 1w
Enchantment Creature — Human Cleric (U)
Protection from converted mana cost less than or equal to your devotion to white.
"The faith of the people is the only armor I need."
2/1

IIW: Tokens with a non-keyword ability.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
In white?
Questionably racist, not blatant as IP. I still wonder who approved that art, though it does fit the card name.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

Togs

Post by Togs » 4 years ago

Hey what's up guys, it's me, Mark Rosewater. As you all know, white has been struggling recently, so I have decided to hold this meeting while I'm driving to the supermarket in order to get the bottom of this important issue. Our market research indicates that our player's won't be happy unless the entire top 8 of the next PT has 100% mono-white representation, so let's hear your ideas and let's get cracking.

It's really me.
chetoos wrote:
4 years ago
Sun-crowned Hoplite 2WW
Creature - human soldier
At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose up to X target creatures, where X is half of your devotion to white. Those creatures get +1/+1 and gain lifelink until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Uncommon walkers from war of the spark upshifted to rare.
I see you've taken some existing mechanics and used them to create an.. existing effect- Wait a minute, you just snuck in a cut card from the THB file didn't you ! I guess it's fine, but our problem won't be solved unless we bring something new to the table.
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Seeta, Sinpurged 1WW
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (R)
Vigilance
Eldrazi you control have protection from Humans.
Whenever a white creature you control deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it and it becomes a colorless Eldrazi.
2/3

IIW: Dimir
I see your solution to making white cards good is to.. make the stop being white. A brilliant approach, I don't know how I didn't already think of it myself. All jokes aside, I really like how you blended a renown-like mechanic and the flavor of eldrazifying, all while remaining a mono-W lord. So, kudos for that.
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Shefet Packbeast 2W
Creature — Camel (Uncommon)
You may exert Shefet Packbeast as it attacks. When you do, search your library for a Plains of Desert card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Shen shuffle your library.
"In dire times, it has led us to a safer land."
—Djeru

2/3

Iiw: Your favourite Britney Spears song
Ramp is certainly something that white could use more of, so good job getting right to the heart of the problem. Unfortunately, this is a little too out-of-pie for my taste, I believe white's access to ramping should be conditional to having less lands than an opponent. Your flavor text even seems to reflect this, so might as well update the mechanic to match too. Your IIW was great though, honestly it doesn't get any whiter than that.
barbecube wrote:
4 years ago
Commander of Isembart 4WW
Creature — Human Knight (R)
Vigilance
When Commander of Isembart enters the battlefield, create two 2/2 white Knight creature tokens with vigilance.
If you would create a creature token, you may create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance instead.
3/3

IIW do something weird with tokens
Another interesting approach, instead of forcing our players to play white, we just let them play other colors then turn their cards white later. It's so brilliant that it's almost like one of my ideas.
I really do like that replacement effect though, I just wish that the card's first effect *benefited* from having tokens instead of creating more, that way it could have that sweet self-synergy as well.
jamblock wrote:
4 years ago
Saintly Bodyguards 1WWW
Creature - Human Soldier (R)
The first 2 damage that would be dealt to each other white creature you control each turn is dealt to ~ instead.
2/9

IIW: Black Hydra
Good thinking, we're definitely gonna need some bodyguards irl once the announcement hits of us discontinuing white mythic rares in order to fit in more green ones (in our defense, the decision was made 7 years in advance). As for your card though, why not just rebalance it to prevent all damage at this point ? I wouldn't say it has a much higher power level, and solves any potential memory problems this card could have. (And the current wording is pretty ambiguous, I think I misunderstood how it worked my first couple read-throughs).
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
Mystic Wrestler 2WW
Creature - Human Warrior Cleric (U)
When Mystic Wrestler enters the battlefield, target creature gains lifelink until end of turn. You may have Wrestler of Restarr fight that creature.
4/3

IIW: You've been asked late in Ravnica: City of Guilds development to come up with a replacement mechanic for dredge after the mechanic has emerged as problematic.
Actually, I think this is a pretty neat drawback and that I.. have no problems with white getting access to fight under these conditions. Good job finding that niche and finding flavor to fit with it. My only problem is that I think removal is a already relative strength for white anyways, and it would rather get the help in a different area instead.
wonderful wrote:
4 years ago
Thalia's Presence WWW
Legendary Enchantment (R)
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Activated abilities of planeswalkers your opponents control cost 1 more to activate.
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, investigate unless that player pays 1.

iiw: a fresh take on dark confidant
Dang, good job making a WWW bomb, I think this is both mechanically interesting and flavorfully interesting while seeming like it could realistically enable a top-tier white deck in standard. The only thing that's missing is some edgy flavor text.
haywire wrote:
4 years ago
Blinded by Faith 3W
Enchantment- Aura {R}
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has vigilance.
As long as your devotion to white is greater than enchanted creature's power, you control enchanted creature.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Blinded by Faith to it.
Sometimes the most dangerous foe is the one that pretends to be your salvation.

IIW: Other members of the Theros titans, or Elder creatures in general
Hmm, at first I was taken aback by the blatant pie violation, but the more I think about it the more I actually like white being able to do this, to a limited extent, as it ties in very nicely with its more "cult-y" side. Actually, you got me thinking about how else cult-like flavor can be applied to white control switching effect, so good job there. My only complaint, and this is pretty much the only one, is that this card is more effective against low-power cards than high power ones - I'd rather the reverse be true on my white removal.
wonderful wrote:
4 years ago
Judge's Decree W
Sorcery (R)
Multikicker W
Destroy each creature with power less than or equal to the number of times Judge's Decree was kicked.

iiw: a new Cursecatcher ( / judge's familiar / mausoleum wander / etc)
As the judge, I decree that.. multikicker is a clever way to make a W-heavy cost without actually putting it on the card, but generally I think white removal should kill the big creatures instead of the small creatures.
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Justice for All WWW
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a white creature you control attacks, you may exert it. If you do, detain target nonland permanent defending player controls.
"There is no liberty to be found within these walls."
-Samut, the Tested

IIW: The dunes of Amonkhet
Since I'm giving you the win for your other card, I'm legally allowed to skip judging this one. I'll be taking the IIW though.
Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Calcification WWWWW
Sorcery (R)
Exile all mulitcolor permanents, then destroy all nonwhite creatures.
"I'm not racist, I'm just prefer a state of hegemony."

IIW: Old school color-hosing.
Ah yes, this is definitely what we need to bring the community together in these dark times. I do think that.. for such a splashy mana cost (that's never been done before mind you), it should have a significantly splashier effect to match.
Flatline wrote:
4 years ago
Faithful Disciple 1w
Enchantment Creature — Human Cleric (U)
Protection from converted mana cost less than or equal to your devotion to white.
"The faith of the people is the only armor I need."
2/1

IIW: Tokens with a non-keyword ability.
Faithful indeed. I guess it's mostly fine, but I think white should be better at protecting from high cmc's rather than low ones.

Winner: Cythare ! Congratulations, you're the whitest person here.
HM: Wonderful, Haywire

Next: The Dunes of Amonkhet

haywire

Post by haywire » 4 years ago

The Wanderstone 5
Legendary Artifact
Whenever a nontoken creature dies, that creature's controller creates a tapped 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
At the beginning of your end step, for each planeswalker, exile it unless its controller pays .
As old as the Blind Eternities themselves, deeper in the seas of sand than any mortal could hope to find, it exerts a terrible force. On the plane it touches, and on the one being unlucky enough to find it.

Somewhat lore-intensive, so here's the references.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The Curse of Wandering on Amonkhet:
The most unusual aspect of Amonkhet is that things that die on the plane transform into undead, which is referred to as the Curse of Wandering. If they are embalmed, they become servile mummies. When no flesh remains on their bones, the Curse of Wandering ends. It is unclear precisely where the Curse comes from; when Nissa makes contact with what remains of Amonkhet's soul in "The Writing on the Wall", it describes the Curse as "its gift". In "The Hour of Revelation", the eight gods are described as seeking to protect Naktamun, as it is "all that remains", and failures of the past are referenced. With Nissa's examination of the leylines, it's possible the Curse of Wandering may be the result of some ancient corruption that predates Bolas, a sickness in the plane itself which seems to be slowly killing it.
The Wanderer's condition:
The Wanderer is also cursed to make an effort not to planeswalk. Unlike other planeswalkers who are tired by the process of planeswalking, The Wanderer can planeswalk and then planeswalk again almost immediately - but only because if she doesn't focus she will be pulled at random from plane to plane.[2] This also happens when she sleeps or falls unconscious.
IIW: The next set, Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths has a bottom-up design mechanic for "building your own monsters". Show me that mechanic.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

Hi, I got notified of something in here earlier today and after reviewing and thinking on it all day I wanted to come in to make a request: Please avoid engaging with racism, sexism, or similarly "controversial" topics in the course of playing in this game.

Regardless of intent, and I want to be clear: I assume nothing but the most benign of intents here, people don't want to see or really talk about stuff like that in this custom card creation game on a children's card game forum.

That's not to say that we should NEVER talk about such issues; they just demand a more rigorous and respectful discussion than is afforded here in the course of playing a lighthearted CCC game. Accordingly, I'd like to ask that we simply avoid them here if possible.

I don't wish to further discuss the specifics of this in the thread, but please reach out via PM if you have any questions about why I'm making this request.

Thank you,
-meg
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

COMPLETELY UNRELATED: I realized that 2020 is the TEN YEAR anniversary of Club Flamingo (counting from its inception on MTG Salvation).

October 11th. Mark your calendars. We'll throw a party.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Ten years. Wow. And to think of what this thread/successor thread has survived.

It seems a bit premature for the tenth anniversary thread title :meg:
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Shefet Burrower 2WW
Creature — Wurm (Uncommon)
Lifelink
Whenever one or more creatures attack you or a planeswalker you control, you may untap Shefet Burrower.
3/3

IIW: The silver-bordered faction leader or second in command of the alternate universe Club Flamingo found on Bablovia.
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Ten years. Wow. And to think of what this thread/successor thread has survived.

It seems a bit premature for the tenth anniversary thread title :meg:
Maybe. I did get a bit overexcited about it... I only realized this yesterday.

I'm working on some special stuff for later... currently thinking a CFG revival in October...
MEG

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Hashep Reclaimer 2G
Creature — Naga Druid (Uncommon)
T: Add G.
T, Exert Hashep Reclaimer: Add G for each Desert you control.
She draws from the vestiges of nature, shaping an oasis each time.
2/3

IIW: Ungodly fusions (like Slivdrazi Monstrosity)

jamblock

Post by jamblock » 4 years ago

Uncover the Tomb 1B
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I, II - Sacrifice a Desert or sacrifice Uncover the Tomb
III - Return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control. It's a black Zombie in addition to its other types and colors. Draw a card.

IIW: Sagas set on planes without sagas

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Sandstorm Wurm 2RW
Creature - Wurm (R)
Spells and abilities your opponents control that target Sandstorm Wurm cost 2 more.
Whenever Sandstorm Wurm attacks, it deals 3 damage to each other creature.
3/4

iiw: Instant - Trap

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Dune Otter 1W
Creature - Otter (C)
When Dune Otter deals combat damage to a player, you gain 1 life.
2/2

IIW: DO not underestimate me
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

taking bets on % of projects completed
enquire within
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Togs

Post by Togs » 4 years ago

Duneatog 1R
Creature - Atog
Sacrifice a Desert: Duneatog gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
On Dominaria, a scavenger. On Amonkhet, a ravager.
1/2

IIW: Return to Core Flamingo

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Contorted Sands 3U
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you activate an ability of a Desert, create a 0/2 colorless Sand Wall creature token with defender.
2, Sacrifice a colorless permanent: Create a 3/1 colorless Sand Beast creature token with hexproof.
Under certain conditions, orderly and silent Ipnu gives way to a realm of eerie semi-life.

IIW: Removal that is also good for something else

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Sand Art 3
Artifact (R)
Deserts you control have "t: Add one mana of any color."
t: Add one mana of any color.

IIW: Creepy creepers
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Megiddo
MEG

mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
taking bets on % of projects completed
enquire within
over/under .5
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Oof gimme the under

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Ok, my b. The past few days I've been consumed with car shopping.

haywire - I like the Zombie clause, and also like that it's symmetric. I'm not sure how I feel about the planeswalker clause, and feel like it should trigger for each player during their own end step.
spacemonaut - This is functionally vigilance, but with a little more confusion in 2HG (it works the same). I'm not sure that this distinction matters other than having to remember to untap it unless you're planning a set with a lot of tap costs or where exert makes a comeback.
Subject16 - Mana ramp for Deserts! It's definitely on-theme, and is a nice way to tie two Amonkhet themes together.
jamblock - I'm not sure I'm excited about this. Having to sacrifice two deserts for a reanimation payoff a couple turns later seems not-great to me, and is a low-cost rare that probably isn't going to be great to cast on-curve. I'd rather it cost more and not require so much permanent pay-in (although then you just end up somewhere around Elspeth Conquers Death).
wonderful - I like this as a mini Novablast Wurm. It's potentially oppressive in Limited, but it's in colors that are usually full of aggressive dorks that will just die to the Wurm, so it's a neat double-edged sword.
mellifluoresce - Otters on Amonkhet? This seems like a fine common.
Togs - Nice throwback. Probably fine in Limited depending on the Desert concentration.
void_nothing - Mixed feelings on creating different tokens at different times, but it's probably fine? I like that it makes both aggressive and defensive tokens, but I'm also not sure about the ability to just make a ton of defenders to gunk up the board. I'd definitely want the first ability to exclude mana abilities.
Flatline - So, a Chromatic Lantern for deserts? Seems fine and narrow enough to have a use without being too much of an issue.

HM: Spacemonaut, Subject16
Winner: wonderful

Next: Instant - Trap
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Vigilance doesn't well enough fit the flavor of a sandwurm erupting from beneath your feet. :D

Commit to Ashes 2W
Instant — Trap (Uncommon)
This spell costs 2 less to cast if it targets a creature that entered the battlefield from the graveyard this turn.
Exile target creature.
A zombie half-emerged is at its most vulnerable. Accordingly, Thraben's graveyards are kept well-equipped with oil and lit torches by their caretakers.

IIW: The silver-bordered faction leader or second in command of the alternate universe Club Flamingo found on Bablovia.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”