Random Card of the Day: Midnight Scavengers

The N82O Molecule
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

does everyone agree about the color pie and this cards spot within it?

also I find it interesting that a 3/3 vanilla is a nothing anymore.

one thing I don't like about this card is the relationship it has with creeping mold. I mean, I sorta see creeping mold as the defacto destroy style associated with green. then you have this card, which screams (im blue!!) simic build.

I guess what im saying it that I see this card in blue, minus the destroy. I don't think the destroy makes this green. anyway idk

this is a cool card, and I like it. the phyrexian art tickles my fancy over this art.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

This is a "polymorph" effect when used on creatures which falls under blue. I think it's almost in pie but Pongify just isn't a green effect. Generous Gift is also a little bit out of pie because it changes lands into something else, which isn't really white but green, but it's not in a Standard expansion.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
When I go for turn 2 Shivan Wurm using Orcish Lumberjack, I am taking a big risk. A safer play would probably be a turn 2 four drop and a Llanowar Elves.

10/25/19 Beast Within
very good sideboard card. It's an answer to a lot of things.

and about the shivan wurm talk. Ah, so nostalgic... I remember it being a chase card so many years ago.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 4 years ago

10/28/19 Pride of Lions

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

The N82O Molecule

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
cause I am a champion and youre gonna hear me roar
louder, than a lion
cause I am a champion and youre gonna hear me roar
ahem cause you cant stop the damage

and I know your wondering, if I knew the lyrics to the song from heart. . .and I do not :/

anyway, I like this ability, adds a dimension and seems like a perfectly good compliment to blues unblockable. I came in second place to this ability during a edh game.

im not sure I like the flavor of this whole card though, and I don't really see how a blocked lion gets through, or are you blocking one lion and "the pride" gets passed? tornado elemental yes, thorn elemental ok, but cats? and upon further inspection I notice there is a wolf pack so watch out for groups and lone wolf

haha

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Tornado Elemental just sweeps through blockers, Thorn Elemental shoots thorns at whatever it wants, Wolf Pack and Pride of Lions have too many individual members to block, so Lone Wolf simply doesn't make a lot of sense.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

Hmm I could have sworn I heard the term Eye of the Tiger is an 80's song. something something Rocky 3.

10/29/19 Mind Rot

The N82O Molecule

[mention]RabidVacin[/mention] you just went up a couple of ticks in my book of awesome for that one. they stack the odds til we take to the streets for the kill with the thrill to survive!!

anyway mind rot

the pros
this card reads really hard, so hard, harder, ok stop. It sorta reads, "destroy your opponents hand".

the cons
it never does what you want it to do
its a waste of a slot because of how ineffective it turns out to be. you could have had a card that did something in its place
it actually reads "feed your opponents graveyard strategy"

ive tried to slot this in in a sealed situation a time or two. ive always felt at a loss when playing it. I have probably 18 playsets of this card in all its majestic reprints.

RabidVacin

10/30/19 Flaxen Intruder

The N82O Molecule

this card you really have to appreciate the sum of its parts. even though it oozes with flavor its weak sauce, its porridge is to cold, its bed is to soft, and its chair isn't hard enough.

I think they should have walked away from the story a bit and turned this into a bear hunter of some sort, like literally, deal 2 damage to a target bear, put a +1/+1 counter on (cause she eats it) it or something

or maybe can only be destroyed by bear damage. have a same story vibe, so if it gets blocked by say, faerie guidemother this card would be like back off wrong story. but a "bear punch" would knock it out haha

I want the bears to win here

whatever its fine as it is lol

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

[mention]The N82O Molecule[/mention]

haha, being only be able to be destroyed by bear damage is cool. Slightly weaker than indestructible, but very flavorful.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

10/31/19 Thraben Valiant

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

That art's pretty cool with the deviltail whip.

The N82O Molecule

This is a beautiful card for me. your getting value for cost.
creature types are relevant, and the power/toughness reflects honest flavor (low power on humans, soldier adds +1/+0) 1 colorless mana gets you soldier and vigilance, and vigilance will always be one of the best keywords. cause serra angel says so (you have to say this as The Rock would say this lol)

TANGENT
you see I don't agree that added casting cost necessarily reflects larger p/t. a 5 cmc human should not exceed 2/2. rather I feel that the extra mana cost should reflect in a ability or "skill"

like this
human 0/1 thru 2/2
soldier 1/1 thru 3/3
knight 2/2-3/3

anyway I don't want to underestimate the potential trolling about what im saying, and that's why I don't make cards, just being honest is all lol

RabidVacin

11/01/19 Words of Waste

The N82O Molecule

hmm, never seen this card.

I like it, but
i don't know if i would ever cast this. honestly i would just want to hymn to tourach a couple times.

i mean, well, opponent hand destruction has never gone well for me, i always feel like im just cleaning the chaff from their hands. i want to wreck them, with hand destruction, wreck them bad, wreckem. im not reading that here. plus theres the times when you do this to make them discard and boom its a instant, you lose a creature and didn't draw (sad clown noises)

love that art though bruh

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

One of the less combotastic Words ofs.

RabidVacin

11/04/19 Soul Collector

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
11/04/19 Soul Collector
Weird BDSM art aside, this card could be fun if you could use something like Chandra's Ignition with it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yeah, 100% - nifty if you can somehow use the creature itself as the source for a lot of noncombat damage.

The N82O Molecule

I like this one.
um I guess for sake of complaint, morph on a vampire. no flavor on that. transform? yes, w/ flash? for sure, bat tokens? why not, morph from a nothing? idk haha

in further detail, now that im thinking harder about it, this one is all off. unless a vampire bite makes you a minion? I thought it just made you a vampire. wait are vampires over glorified zombies?

but the vein (pun intended) this card wants I like.

that chandra's ignition connection is whack, well done!

RabidVacin

11/05/19 Viashino Slaughtermaster

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

"Slaughtermaster" is a pretty metal name. This card is pretty unremarkable, otherwise.

The N82O Molecule

good ol jund, place is a mad house to say the least.

ill be darned it the card reads super awesome. secondly Raymond Swanland nailed it!

I think where I lose it is the activation for so little. can you get more bang for your buck on this in those colors?

if I consider that I myself am a 1/1 I would not want to run into these "creatures" lest they lick my guts from their blades, which im assuming the other blade (to therefore make it blades) is out of picture. typical viashino action right there yes sir.

RabidVacin

11/06/19 Witch-Maw Nephilim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”