MH3 -Modern Horizons 3 Lore

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 2 months ago

Not sure we are getting any stories for this set but figured I'd make this thread just to put down any new info we get such as;

Tamiyo sparking story had her originally as a student who found a book that was written from another plane then Kamigawa. This lead Tamiyo to realize there was a who multiverse out there and the emotions she felt learning this knowelege is what made her spark ignite.

We are also getting a cycle of planeswalkers and seemly each start off monocolored and then trasnforms into a two color planeswalker that rewards you for having the other color. So far known is;

Ajani W(R)
Tamiyo U(G) (guessing at green but most likely

This likely means we can also guess at the other walkers if we look at ones who have a mono-colored based and later is two colors and possibly they may all be enemy colored as Ajani and (likely) Tamiyo already are.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 2 months ago

My own guesses (based on what we know about colors so wotc might make someone new/ bring a past character first card or have a normally two color walker appeare as mono color/have a mono-colored character gain a second color);

B- The mono-black character we have ; Liliana, Sorin, Nixilis, Davriel, Szat, Vraska, Ashiok. I think we can knock out Liliana for already having a transform card, Ashiok since part of their thing is we don't know what they are or where they came from. I think it might be Sorin as he is popular and this could be a cool story moment to show his creature side as a human. Ob, while similar, also already got his human form on a card. Vraska might also be possible, as well as Kaya since they noted a few times Kaya could be core black.

R- For red we have; Chandra, Sarkhan, Koth, Tibalt, Daretti, Jaya, Rowan, Lukka, Jeska. We can knock out Chandra right off the bat, Rowan is unlikely since she and Will would need like a meld card or to share it again and Jaya, Koth and Jeska as they are mono-colored and maybe Lukka as it seemed he only gained g after compleation (tho I could see the argument he was secondary green). That leaves Sarkhan, Tibalt and Daretti. Tibalt and Daretti have some visual story telling (Tibalt being human and Daretti pre-accident), while I feel like Sarkhan is often used as the face for red after Chandra and if we are going enemy colors it would make the most sense. I personally hope its Daretti since I feel like he hasn't gotten a good chance to shine in the story yet.

G- Finally green gives us; Garruk, Nissa, Freyalise, Arlinn, Yanggu, Vivien, Tyvar. We can cross out Nissa for already having one and then Freyalise, Yanggu and Vivien for being mono-colored and we are left with. Garruk, Arlinn, Tyvar. Since Arlinns thing is being a transform walker they might have her here since we are using transform mechincs and I ~think~ Tyvar is generally well liked. That said, I really feel like it should be Garruk here since he is the characters past we know the least amount so far. His origin comic dosen't state what plane he is from and it dosen't out right state that his fathers death is what sparked him or if that was later on in the wild so thats a lot in there they can explore.

So my guesses are;
B- Sorin B(W)
R- Sarkhan R (U) (but fingers crossed for Daretti)
G- Garruk G (B) (but fingers crossed for Arlinn)
C- Ugin (surprise but as we do have a colorless theme it would be cool to get a Ugin to mirror Bolas)
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 months ago

Well sorin is probably the most likely for orzhov like you said if enemy color pairs

But I'm interested if we're gonna get deeper lore on the Eldrazi's, the reason is the basic land arts don't feel zendikar nor innistrad to me.

Plains - I don't recall zendikar having fields like that
Island - while the look fits it's not floating in the air
Swamp - that looks like a desert like area and innistrad if it were there would be far more broken trees
Mountain — this one's easy Pine trees are not native zendikar at all
Forest — that's probably the only one that could be on zendikar but that triangle shape more in front surface is wrong for a hedron (could be kozilek bismuth though)

Maybe a art depicting the one nahiri witness offically being destroyed by the eldrazi
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Yeah, I expect to find out a few more things about the Eldrazi, specifically their past and what other planes they've consumed (maybe Equilor is feeling the effects of the Eldrazi titans arriving at the dawn of time). We might also see non-titan named Eldrazi like Zhulodok.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
Yeah, I expect to find out a few more things about the Eldrazi, specifically their past and what other planes they've consumed (maybe Equilor is feeling the effects of the Eldrazi titans arriving at the dawn of time). We might also see non-titan named Eldrazi like Zhulodok.
Well I'm almost certain on one new thing about the Eldrazi

The face commander of the WUBRGC deck is a famous brood of kozilek just like Zhulodok, Void Gorger as a famous Ulamog brood. (the eye's on nearly any body part and the floaters are the features of kozilek brood)

And if I were to take a guess on a potential side commander for that deck it's likely one of three scenarios
  1. Famous Brood/Eldrazi Conscription of Emrakul
  2. Brisela, Voice of Nightmares 2.0 (technically is a famous emrakul brood/Eldrazi Conscription)
  3. Ugin (to remind on lore he mostly sticks with c but he knows how to do WUBRG stuff.)

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice

Post by Avacyn Believer » 2 months ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
2 months ago
Brisela, Voice of Nightmares 2.0 (technically is a famous emrakul brood/Eldrazi Conscription)
This would be cool, I'd be down for an Eldrazi Angel that has more colours than white.
Faith Requires Sacrifice
MTGNexus Primer | Archidekt | Church of Avacyn

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 weeks ago

Hey guys

Turns out Amazon also Best Buy and a couple of others has descriptions on the decks in the single deck box pages… they mention the face commander names.

BRG — turns out this legend is on flavor text on old cards from Richard Garfield era of "Domnaria" cards her name is "Disa" as in "Disa the Restless" for examples Balduvian Bears, Hoar Shade, and Anarchy

Gu — is infact the person in the flavor text of Helm of the Host she's the queen of Vesuva but to be specific "Omo, Queen of Vesuva"

URW — The energy decks commander goes by the name of "Satya" only lore we got is he's a architect and a inventor. (Clearly from kaladesh from his arm piece)

WUBRGC — …..actually….. this commanders name is gonna cause a huge amount of speculation on the lore. This commanders name is… are you ready for this…. The eldrazi's name is "Ulalek"…. Im not kidding. So this could easily cause enormous speculation.

1. Could this be Ulamog and kozilek reincarnated as one?
2. Or is it a famous spawn both Ulamog and kozilek made?
3. Could be a Ulamog and kozilek version of Brisela, Voice of Nightmares

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 1 week ago

Ok this is so rare it's worth a mention

There will be a story for MH3 on May 13th

But it's mostly Eldrazi related and also mostly the rise and fall of them. And reboots of the orginal story's

But probably like the "Brothers war" story revisit we will probably add some new stuff filling in the blanks of the orginal lore for examples

Maybe seeing the one plane nahiri witnessed being destroyed by the eldrazi.
Clearly probably one blank is deeper lore on Zhulodok, and how Uladek happened
Unofficial Spoiler Discussion
And Azlask lore (we weren't suppose to know about Azlask til later.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”