Feedback Requested - All I Do is Win, Win, Win!

Boros_Blendo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Boros_Blendo » 1 month ago

I've been known to make silly themes, and one idea I had years ago has kept me laughing since not long after Kaladesh came out. I have envisioned a Gonti deck straight out of a hip hop video playing "All I Do Is Win, Win, Win" while he's riding around in his Ghirapur vehicle with a honey in the seat next to him doing video poses, chilling on his flying yacht, sitting on the shoulder of his gearhulk, throwing gold into the air to make it rain, bouncing his head up and down, etc.

Well, I never made it, but did make a deck called "Industry of Vice", a mono-black affair that uses Yahenni and Syndicate Trafficker taking out opposing enemies with the help of Retrofitter Foundry, Hangarback Walker, and Eliminate the Competition to keep the lanes clear for the growing beatsticks. And, as a deck, it works really well. I always felt it needed Gonti in there, though, to be a real underworld mafia deck, and "never had the slots".

I finally made the Gonti joke-deck, taking out half the Industry of Vice deck, after seeing Knight Paladin and Getaway Car as off-world acquisitions Gonti would want. So, the deck below is "All I Do is Win, Win, Win" finally in created form. The idea is using Yahenni's Expertise and Eliminate the Competition to keep creature count low in my desired ratios, using the Foundry to keep pilots on the table, and ride the six vehicles to victory.

I think I've covered the bases as much as I can with a mono-black deck. So far:
- Sweep the table of all smalls wtih Yahenni's Expertise, leaving vehicles to use any pilot that follows.
- Gain life with Gifted Aetherborn, Filigree Familiar, Aethersphere Harvester, Gonti's Machinations, and Noxious Gearhulk
- Targeted removal by sacrificing weak creatures for the larger things of my enemies to keep my vehicles too large to take out, using Eliminate the Competition.
- Recycle creatures and vehicles/Foundrys that do get taken out with Fortuitous Find, Volrath's Stronghold, and Academy Ruins.
- Use Gonti to search for the best things my enemies can do as a source of card X-factor (such as blowing up artifacts and enchantments) that a mono-black deck otherwise might not be able to do...repeatedly.
- Draw extra cards beyond the grindy advantage of Fortuitous Find by using the Siphoner and Starfox, with every casting of Gonti also adding card advantage from my enemies' decks.
- Blow stuff and peeps up with the Knight Paladin...because, who wouldn't if you had a mech, right? :grin: The vehicles themselves are mostly drawn from the list for only 1 or 2 crew costs to make it easy in-between sweepers. The Skysovereign is the only exception, but as a vehicle is a legit crazy-killer and worth the 3 crew cost.

This is the lineup I'll roll with next Friday, but still posting to see if anyone can think of something I'd want to consider once I see how it performs. Yes, I can put more blue in to splash blue cards instead of just using the Academy Ruins, so blue is not out of the question, though it's still by design a mono-black deck for now. Feel free to suggest anything, open to other opinions here! Thanks!

All I Do is Win, Win, Win!

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 1 month ago

I am quite positive Gonti will have a blast by enjoying a ride in a Deluxe Dragster

Boros_Blendo

Haha, nice! I probably did not consider it due to the blue mana. Great mechanics, too.

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 1 month ago

Nautiloid Ship fits quite fine mechanically, but it looks quite ugly.

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 1 month ago

How're you gonna run Gonti but not his heart? :p

Boros_Blendo

I get the idea, but six just to get it out…eep. Not sure I'd get much value since the energy is for the siphoner or harvester or machinations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”