void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Today's Challenge: Any card related to a non-MTG villain

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
shullz 29 (+1)
Ink-Treader 20 (+2)
void_nothing 17
netn10 17 (+1)
AnotherAlias 16
Rithaniel 16 (+0)
Komandon 16 (+2)
OneAndOnly 15 (+0)
Caspernicus 14 (+6)
somedue1019 13 (+0)
KB52665 10 (+4)
YoTed 6 (+1)
LandellXil0cent 4
TessaMTG 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

Runes
OneAndOnly wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: KB52665, Caspernicus

Is it possible for posters submitting cards in visual format to also include a text version?
Rune of Sharpness -- 1R
Enchantment - Aura {U}
Enchant permanent
When Rune of Sharpness enters the battlefield, draw a card.
As long as enchanted permanent is a creature, if it would deal damage, it deals that much damage plus 1 instead. Damage it deals can't be prevented.
As long as enchanted permanent is an Equipment, it gains, "If equipped creature would deal damage, it deals that much damage plus 1 instead. Damage it deals can't be prevented."
Next: Cartouches
shullz wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: KB52665, Ink-Treader

IIW: A card with at least two of the following: Kicker, Entwine, Cleave, Overload
netn10 wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: YoTed, Caspernicus

Rune Forge 3
Artifact (Rare)
Auras you control and aura cards in your hand, graveyard and library are Runes in addition to their other types. If they have "enchant creature", they have "enchant equipment" as well.
Each instance of "Enchanted creature has" of Runes you control is "Enchanted creature has" as well.

IIW: Weird artifact
YoTed wrote:
4 months ago
Vote: Netn10, Caspernicus

IIW: A sorcery with Epic from Ravnica, Alara, or Tarkir.
Ink-Treader wrote:
4 months ago
Vote: KB52665, Komandon

Rune of Indolence 1{W/U}
Enchantment - Aura Rune (U)
Enchant permanent
When Rune of Indolence enters the battlefield, draw a card.
As long as enchanted permanent is a creature, whenever it becomes tapped, put a stun counter on it.
As long as enchanted permanent is Equipment, it has "Whenever equipped creature becomes tapped, put a stun counter on it."

IIW: Noncreature tokens
Caspernicus wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: KB52665, Komandon

Rune of Ferocity 1rg
Enchantment — Aura Rune (U)
Enchant permanent
When Rune of Ferocity enters the battlefield, draw a card.
As long as enchanted permanent is a creature, it gets +2/+0 and has first strike.
As long as enchanted permanent is an Equipment, it has "Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has first strike."

IIW: A card that mentions/uses one of the following: Rampage, bushido, or flanking
Rithaniel wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: shullz, Caspernicus

Etching of Stillness
Enchantment - Aura Rune U
Enchant permanent
As long as enchanted permanent is a creature, it can't attack or block.
As long as enchanted permanent is an Equipment, it has "Equipped creature has ': Target creature can't attack or block this turn'."

IIW: A card with two of the following: Kicker, Entwine, Cleave
Komandon wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: OneAndOnly , Caspernicus

Parton of Blades 1W
Enchantment Creature — Spirit Warrior
Grant 2w (If you cast this card for its grant cost, it's an Aura Rune spell with enchant permanent.)
Double strike
As long as enchanted permanent is a creature, it has double strike.
As long as enchanted permanent is an Equipment it has "Equipped creature has Double strike."
1/1

IIW: a card with an ability like Ante but in game playable.
void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: Caspernicus, Ink-Treader

Rune of Momentum 1RW
Enchantment - Aura Rune (U)
Enchant permanent
When Rune of Momentum enters the battlefield, draw a card.
As long as enchanted permanent is a creature, it has "As long as this creature has attacked this turn, it gets +2/+0 and has indestructible and hexproof."
As long as enchanted permanent is an Equipment, it has "As long as equipped creature has attacked this turn, it gets +2/+0 and has indestructible and hexproof."

IIW: Setting base power to a number
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 months ago

Votes: shullz, Komandon
Thanos -- 5B
Legendary Creature - Titan {M}
Monstrous 5 - WUBRG
When Thanos becomes monstrous, put an indestructible counter on it.
The Snap -- BBBBB, Remove an indestructible counter from Thanos: For each other creature, flip a coin. If the result is heads, exile that creature. Activate this ability only if Thanos is monstrous.
6/6

Challenge: 0-cost creatures
Last edited by OneAndOnly 4 months ago, edited 3 times in total.

YoTed
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by YoTed » 4 months ago

Vote: Ink-Treader, Caspernicus

IIW: A sword or similar equipment (axe, mace, etc) from Ravnica, Alara, or Tarkir.
Last edited by YoTed 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

shullz

Post by shullz » 4 months ago

Votes: netn10, Komandon
Additional Comments
Show
Hide
@OneAndOnly: I usually include a text version, if I think the render is uncomfortable to read, like for double-faced or split cards. Maybe also if the text is too small. Is this what you meant or do you have a problem with renders in general?
@YoTed: I don't think your card does what you intended it to do. Since you control the Aura, the "you" in the rules text refers to yourself. So you are the one who has to pay the tax and loses life. What you should have done is write "Enchanted permanent has [the effect of your card]".

My card is a character from Baldur's Gate 3. Light spoilers for Act 3 ahead. (Not for the story. Just the existence and a few quirks of that character.)
Orin the Red
Show
Hide

Orin the Red 2BB
Legendary Creature — Shapeshifter Assassin (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are 10 or more blood counters on Orin the Red, transform her.
Whenever a creature dies, put a blood counter on Orin the Red. You may have Orin the Red become a copy of that creature until your next turn.
BB, : Another target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of blood counters on Orin the Red. Activate only as a sorcery.
"Come to me, Father. Set my flesh to your unholy purpose."
3/3

//

Orin's Slayer Form
Legendary Creature — Horror (M)
Fear, Wither
Ward—Pay X life, where X is the number of blood counters on Orin's Slayer Form.
Orin's Slayer Form attacks each combat if able.
If damage would be dealt to Orin's Slayer Form while it has a blood counter on it, prevent that damage and remove a blood counter from it.
"My Chosen. My Slayer. Violence incarnate. You will become a testament in blood."
6/6
IIW: Undercover Planeswalkers

Caspernicus

Post by Caspernicus » 4 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Megamind, Master of All Villainy 2ubr
Legendary Creature — Alien Artificer (M)
Ward — Sacrifice a nontoken artifact
When Megamind, Master of All Villainy enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 colorless Robot artifact creature tokens with flying named Brainbot.
PRESENTATION!— Whenever you craft, Megamind deals 2 damage to each opponent, then you may create a copy of target token you control. It's an artifact in addition to its other types.
"I chose something a little more humble..."
3/3

IIW: Noncreatures with morph/megamorph/disguise
Commanders: Zaffai, Thunder Conductor, Denethor, Ruling Steward
Pet Cards: Etali, Primal Storm, Creative Technique
When doubt does stride with iron-laden foot
and chooses take my pride in my own self,
in ragged chains drag I to hell from wealth
and broken, wear’ly slog through ashen soot.
Doubt’s trumpet sounds, that full religious toot
which howls in pompous, mocking, vibrant health
as I run far away, in fear 'f myself,
and chase away the day I end kaput.
But even in the hand of vill’nous doubt,
I know I’ll rise above in victory.
And even when I’m hit with doubter’s clout,
I have no doubt I’ll see that sun-kissed sea.
For even when some faith in me I lack,
I know — in time — I can my doubt attack.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 months ago

Votes: shullz, Komandon

The Joker 2BR
Legendary Creature - Human Clown (Mythic)
Ward - Pay 6 life and sacrifice a permanent.
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player sacrifices another permanent at random. Then, if four or more permanents of different type were put into graveyards from the battlefield this turn, you win the game.
1/1

IIW: New ward cost

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 4 months ago

Votes: Ink-Treader , Rithaniel

ED-209 7
Artifact Creature — Robot (rare)
Trample.
ED-209 does not untap during its your untap step. When ED-209 becomes untapped, it deals 1 damage to another target creature or planeswalker and 1 damage to you.
3: Untap ED-209.
"You have five seconds to comply…. Four... three... two... one... I am now authorized to use physical force!
6/6

IIW: card related to the number six or eight other than its power, toughness, mana cost, or type of die.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 months ago

Vote: Rithaniel, Komandon

Scarlet Elixir 1R
Artifact (R)
T, Sacrifice Scarlet Elixir: Target creature gets +3/+3 and gains menace until end of turn. Goad it.
4RRR, T, Sacrifice Scarlet Elixir: All creatures get +3/+3 and gain menace until your next turn. Goad them. Activate as a sorcery.
"The opening ceremony of my cathedral will be the perfect moment to test your work, Velnorte."
-Tytos, lord commander of the Scarlet Wings
Last edited by Ink-Treader 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 months ago

Votes: OneAndOnly, Komandon

Omnipresence of Jobu Tupaki
Enchantment M
If a spell or ability would require a player to make a choice as part of its resolution, they choose all possible options. If this would lead to contradiction, the spell or ability instead does nothing.
"If nothing matters, then all the pain and guilt you feel for making nothing of your life goes away"
—Jobu Tupaki

IIW: A card with two of the following: Kicker, Entwine, Cleave
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Votes: shullz, netn10

Devilry of Saruman 3BR
Enchantment (U)
When Devilry of Saruman enters the battlefield, the Ring tempts you.
Whenever the Ring tempts you, Devilry of Saruman deals 2 damage to target opponent and 1 damage to each creature that player controls.
4U, Sacrifice an artifact or a creature: Draw a card. The Ring tempts you.

IIW: Flightless Birds
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”