The DCC - February 9th, 2024

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 4 months ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people.  Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread.  If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread.  If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I've been surviving on breakfast food these last few day. I should make something more substantial.

DCC Scoreboard

OneAndOnly 20 (+4)
netn10 19 (+1)
RattingRots 18 (+1)
Rithaniel 17 (+2)
wizyard 17 (+2)
bravelion83 16 (+2)
void_nothing 12 (+2)
Caspernicus 7 (+4)
marioguy3 3

bravelion83 wrote:
4 months ago
Rithaniel wrote:
4 months ago
Yeah, posting the thread every night can end up warping a schedule more than one would expect. Whatever works for you and your schedule, that's what you should do. But, when it gets around to March, if you need any help with any of it, feel free to reach out.
Thank you. I know I can count on you and void. That's the good side of being three rotating hosts, we can support each other if we need it. My intention at the moment is to host March regularly, the only thing I'm not sure about is the thread posting time. I'll let you all know by the end of this month.

Votes: RattingRots, Rithaniel

Courtmages' Meeting W{W/U}U
Instant (U)
If WW was spent to cast this spell, you and target opponent each draw two cards.
If UU was spent to cast this spell, exile target spell.
"The Courtmage Council has met and taken a unanimous decision: the spell you've cast is out of the rules of magical gallantry and is thus revoked with immediate effect."
OneAndOnly wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, Rithaniel
Martyrsmount Militia - 2W
Creature - Human Soldier {U}
Whenever one or more creatures attack a battle you are protecting, untap Martyrsmount Militia. It blocks each creature attacking that battle.
2/3
netn10 wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: wizyard, Caspernicus

Leyline of the Hallowed
Enchantment (Rare)
If Leyline of the Hallowed is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
You and permanents you control have ward 2 and pay 2 life.
Cards can't leave graveyards.
wizyard wrote:
4 months ago
bravelion83, OneAndOnly

Goblin Lieutenant R
Creature - Goblin Soldier (U)
Aether wake (You may cast this spell without paying its mana cost if you cast another spell this turn that shares a color with it and has a greater mana value than it.)
When Goblin Lieutenant enters the battlefield, other creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
1/1
RattingRots wrote:
4 months ago
OneAndOnly, void_nothing

HM: Caspernicus

Voidmage Conscript 1WU
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Flash
~ enters the battlefield with a void counter on it.
When ~ attacks or blocks, you may remove a void counter from it. If you do, choose a nonland card name. The named card can't be cast while ~ is on the battlefield.
2/3
archemediesx wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: Bravelion83, Caspernicus
Rithaniel wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: wizyard, OneAndOnly

Polyflicker
Sorcery R
Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, that creature's controller may put a face up exiled creature card with the same mana value as the exiled card onto the battlefield under their control.
"Astral magic has always been one slight modification away from being summoning magic."
—Yongo Vade, polymage
void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
Votes: netn10, Caspernicus

Penumbra Unicorn 2GW
Creature - Unicorn (U)
Lifelink
When Penumbra Unicorn enters the battlefield, destroy up to one target enchantment.
When Penumbra Unicorn dies, create a 2/2 black Unicorn creature token with lifelink and "When this creature enters the battlefield, destroy up to one target enchantment."
2/2
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 4 months ago

Rithaniel, void_nothing

Ravenous Hatchling R
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
Devour treasure 1
When Ravenous Hatchling dies, create a tapped Treasure token for each +1/+1 counter on it.
1/1

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 months ago

wizyard, Rithaniel

Scripture Guardian 1WB
Creature - Spirit (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, look at target opponent's hand. You may exile a nonland card from it until ~ leaves the battlefield.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card.
2/3
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 months ago

Votes: wizyard, void_nothing

Ransacking at the Library U{U/R}R
Enchantment (U)
When Ransacking at the Library enters the battlefield, if UU was spent to cast it, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
When Ransacking at the Library enters the battlefield, if RR was spent to cast it, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may pay 2. If you do, draw a card.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Judging deadline on the 18th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 months ago

Votes: wizyard, Rithaniel
That Unbearable Stench! - BB
Instant {C}
Suspect target creature. Whenever another creature blocks it this turn, that creature gets-2/-2 until the end of turn.

Caspernicus

Post by Caspernicus » 4 months ago

Votes: bravelion83, RattingRots

Patron of Interplanar Travel
Legendary Creature — Serpent God (R)
Planeswalker offering (You may cast this spell as though it had flash by sacrificing a planeswalker and paying the difference in mana costs between this and the sacrificed planeswalker. Mana cost includes color.)
When Patron of Interplanar Travel enters the battlefield, exile each non-Legendary creature you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
It offers the poor passage for the blood of its enemies.
2/7
Last edited by Caspernicus 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Commanders: Zaffai, Thunder Conductor, Denethor, Ruling Steward
Pet Cards: Etali, Primal Storm, Creative Technique
When doubt does stride with iron-laden foot
and chooses take my pride in my own self,
in ragged chains drag I to hell from wealth
and broken, wear’ly slog through ashen soot.
Doubt’s trumpet sounds, that full religious toot
which howls in pompous, mocking, vibrant health
as I run far away, in fear 'f myself,
and chase away the day I end kaput.
But even in the hand of vill’nous doubt,
I know I’ll rise above in victory.
And even when I’m hit with doubter’s clout,
I have no doubt I’ll see that sun-kissed sea.
For even when some faith in me I lack,
I know — in time — I can my doubt attack.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 months ago

Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Whomber Smub
Instant U
Destroy target land that was tapped for mana this turn. Then destroy each nonland permanent that entered the battlefield this turn if mana from that land was spent to cast it.
"A smub is an ancient rite, used to quell unruly leylines. A whomber smub is simply the rudest and most forceful kind of smub."
—Bedod, giant magi
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 months ago

Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Fool's Errand W
Sorcery (Mythic)
Draw a card.
You win the game if you created exactly three tokens this turn, gained exactly 6 life and drew exactly nine cards.
"No way... the absolute mad man have actually done it!"

archemediesx
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by archemediesx » 4 months ago

Votes: void_nothing, wizyard
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 months ago

Votes: wizyard, void_nothing

Consider it Gone
Instant (Rare)
Choose target creature. Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile cards with total mana value greater than or equal to the targeted creature's combined power and toughness, then exile that creature face-down.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Sarkhan's Time Journey 6UUR
Enchantment - Saga (M)
I - If you cast Sarkhan's Time Journey, take an extra turn after this one.
II - Draw two cards.
III - Sarkhan's Time Journey deals 5 damage to any target.
IV - You may put a Dragon card from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield. It gains haste until end of turn.
V - Take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”