[SLD] Secret Lair: Full Sleeves

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

All good cards but the art on these are horrendous

This will probably not be bought at all due to the art

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

the art's lovely but I will never touch a Secret Lair card. feel kinda betrayed by the concept

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

A lot of people seem to like it. American Traditional is a very recognizable and popular tattoo style.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

I think these look pretty cool, and while this and others in this bundle kinda make me want to finally pull the trigger and get a Secret Lair...I won't.

I'll probably drop some money at my LGS instead.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

I like some of the art, but don't really have much money left to spend.

need to recover first from 2 months of no work..
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

these are neat but are these sought after cards?

this one seems worth for the ink moth nexus I love me a good phyrexian symbol

pierreb
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

But it's one of each in one product, not multiple products each containing a playset of each right?

That makes it a lot more awkward to buy. Too bad they only went with a play for the serum visions one.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago

Well, they're all very playable cards in non-rotating formats. TCGplayer is down for maintenance, so prices can't be checked accurately, but it's probably worth between $19 and $23.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
But it's one of each in one product, not multiple products each containing a playset of each right?

That makes it a lot more awkward to buy. Too bad they only went with a play for the serum visions one.
Also for Lightning Bolt with Mountain, Go.

There will probably a few of those play set ones in-between, but they won't be the norm.

CommanderMaster999

clariwench wrote:
4 years ago
The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago

Well, they're all very playable cards in non-rotating formats. TCGplayer is down for maintenance, so prices can't be checked accurately, but it's probably worth between $19 and $23.
You can check mtgstock they are up

But yes all 5 are playable in all formats it's the art is why everyone is saying boooo to this one

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

well I let it go by. I just could not justify it, I mean, the ink moth nexus is worth it and a staple in infect. but I just couldn't wrap my head around the rest. I have all those cards in original or tertiary print, and they are good cards, but not sure I want to bling these specific cards if I have the choice, which I do.

I just don't think you'll get someone to buy these cards at a inflated price when the original is cheap and just as cool. . .in like 10 years or whatever. the ink moth? yes but the others? they just aren't staples imo

ugh if im a little bummed about missing on that ink moth though, the phyrexian in me is not very compleat at the moment lol

CommanderMaster999

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
well I let it go by. I just could not justify it, I mean, the ink moth nexus is worth it and a staple in infect. but I just couldn't wrap my head around the rest. I have all those cards in original or tertiary print, and they are good cards, but not sure I want to bling these specific cards if I have the choice, which I do.

I just don't think you'll get someone to buy these cards at a inflated price when the original is cheap and just as cool. . .in like 10 years or whatever. the ink moth? yes but the others? they just aren't staples imo

ugh if im a little bummed about missing on that ink moth though, the phyrexian in me is not very compleat at the moment lol
You can get singles on sites I missed kaleidoscope killers and got them by singles

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”