Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

CCL December Signups/Round 1

"Tale of Fame or Infamy"

King Narfi's Betrayal, taken from MtG Cardsrealm, by Chase Stone and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Story Beats Month here at the CCL! This month, we'll focus on single moments of narrative and how to represent them in designs.

Challenge
Design a Saga enchantment that references a Magic character who already has a legendary creature or planeswalker card in its name.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
Anyone can enter this first round! Your submissions are due Thursday, December 7th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (November 30th-December 7th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (December 8th-14th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due December 16th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (December 17th-21st)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due December 23rd)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (December 24th-29th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due December 31st)
  • Final (January, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 6 months ago

Anafenza's Khans Timeline WBG
Enchantment - Saga (Rare)
I - Create three 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
II - Tap each creature target player controls and put a +1/+1 counter on each of them.
III - Put a legendary non-Dragon creature card from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.
/// MDFC ///
Anafenza's Dragons Timeline WW
I - Bolster 2.
II - Draw two cards if you control a creature with less power than each creature target opponent controls.
III - Destroy target legendary non-Dragon creature. If you do, draw two cards.

shullz

Post by shullz » 6 months ago

The Creation of Ixidor's Paradise (No mana cost. Color is blue.)
Enchantment - Saga (R)
Morph (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for {3}. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
(As this saga enters or is turned face up and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Turn face down after IV.)
I, II, III - Manifest the top card of your library. (Put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)
IV - You may turn any number of face-down creatures face up if they are creatures or permanents with morph.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 6 months ago

Jorn Fashions Kaldring 1BGU
Snow Enchantment - Saga (Rare)
(i) Mill three cards. Until end of turn, you may play up to two land cards from your graveyard and cast up to one creature card from your graveyard.
(ii) Creatures you control gain deathtouch, hexproof, and indestructible until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on each snow creature you control.
(iii) Destroy target nonsnow permanent.
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 6 months ago

Feldon's Lost Love 2R
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I - Draw a card, then discard a card. If you discarded a creature card in this way, create a 1/1 colorless Construct artifact creature token.
II - You may sacrifice any number of artifacts and/or lands you control. For each permanent sacrificed in this way you may shuffle a card from your graveyard into your library.
III - Exile the top five cards of your library. You may play these cards as long as they remain in exile. Then exile this Saga and return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
///
Memorial To A Last Kiss
Land
T: Add C.
You may use c as if it was any color to cast cards from anywhere but your hand.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 6 months ago

The Wedding of Olivia Voldaren 2BB
Enchantment — Saga (R)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter.)
I, II: Search your library and/or graveyard for a Vampire card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
III: If you control two or more legendary Vampires, each opponent loses life equal to the number of Vampires you control and you gain that much life.
IV: Destroy all non-Vampire creatures. Create a Blood token for each creature destroyed this way.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Alright, closing the round and we'll proceed directly to the top 4 this month... please critique and post a top 3 for all the other contestants.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”