Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

CCL May Signups/Round 2

"Opposites Interact"

Whirler Virtuoso, taken from channelfireball.com, by Lake Hurwitz and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Colors Month here in the CCL! The five colors, their corresponding mana, and the mechanical color pie are the very foundation of Magic. This month we'll see how the colors themselves can matter mechanically.

Challenge
Design either a colorless card with "multicolored" in its rules text, or a multicolored card with "colorless" in its rules text.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • "Multicolored card" just means "two or more colors" - traditional muticolor or hybrid are both okay.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Anyone can enter this second round! Your submissions are due Thursday, May 14th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (May 1st–7th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (May 8th–14th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due May 17th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (May 18th–21st)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due May 23rd)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (May 24th–27th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due May 29th)
  • Final (Aoril, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 4 years ago

Hedron Duelist
Creature - Human Warrior (R)
First strike
If Hedron Duelist would be sacrificed, exile it instead, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
When Hedron Duelist attacks, tap target colorless creature. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step.
She hunts down remaining Eldrazis, bounding those that cannot be destroyed
2/3

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Meta-rules: color counters give colors to permanents, just like keywords counters gives keywords to creatures.

Ethernium Amplifier WUB
Artifact (Rare)
Whenever a colorless artifact enters the battlefield under your control, put a White, Blue or Black counter on it.
White artifacts you control have "2W: Return this artifact to its owner's hand".
Blue artifacts you control have "2U: Untap this artifact".
Black artifacts you control have "2B: This artifact gains deathtouch and lifelink until end of turn".
Last edited by netn10 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

RaikouRider

Post by RaikouRider » 4 years ago

Prismatic Gorge
Land {R}
Prismatic Gorge doesn't untap during your untap step unless you control a multicolored permanent.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control no multicolored permanents, tap Prismatic Gorge.
T: Add one mana of any color.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Sigil of the New World 3
Artifact (Uncommon)
Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Multicolored creatures you control have exalted. (If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.)
Whenever a multicolored creature you contol attacks alone, it gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

Scepter of New Alara 5
Artifact (Rare)
Multicolored spells you cast cost 1 less to cast and can't be countered.
Whenever you cast a multicolored spell, if it has converted mana cost 3 or less, create a 1/1 Elemental creature token that's all colors. If it has converted mana cost 4 or greater, draw a card.
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Scouting Caravan 3
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Converge - Scouting Caravan enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each color of mana spent to cast it.
Whenever a multicolored creature crews Scouting Caravan, look at the top card of your library. If it's a land, you may put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Crew 2
3/3
Last edited by slimytrout 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 4 years ago

The Landscape Painter 4
Legendary Artifact Creature - Scarecrow {R}
Protection from multicolored
t: Target instant spell, sorcery spell, or permanent becomes a color of your choice in addition to its other colors.
An artist knows that every being, place, or object contains many aspects. It has the uncanny ability to accentuate the ones it can exploit.
5/3
Last edited by Phyrexian Editor 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

haywire

Post by haywire » 4 years ago

Ajmin, Locus of Linearity
Legendary Creature- Spirit Artificer (R)
Ajmin, Locus of Linearity can block an additional creature each combat.
When Ajmin enters the battlefield, each player manifests cards from the top of their library equal to the greatest converted mana cost among permanents they control.
Tap a colorless creature you control: Add one mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells or activate abilities of colorless permanents.
2/5

Jimmy Groove

Post by Jimmy Groove » 4 years ago

Wave-Beam Focus-Stone 4
Artifact - Prism (MR)
t: Add one mana of any color. If this mana is used to cast a multicolored spell with X in it's mana cost, X is twice X instead. If that spell may target more than one target, it may target an additional target if it is multicolored.
It reveals colors beyond our spectrum.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Harbinger of Emrakul 1ug
Creature - Human Horror (r)
When Harbinger of Emrakul enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Add ".
You may spend colorless mana as thought it were mana of any color.
2/3

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Diffusion Lens 5
Artifact (R)
T, Exile a multicolored card from your hand: Return any number of monocolored cards that share a color with exiled card and don't share a color with each other from your graveyard to your hand.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Lullmage's Charm 1UG
Instant (R)
Choose one —
• Tap target colorless creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
• Counter target permanent spell.
• Creatures your opponents control lose protection and indestructible until end of turn.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And the round is closed. Please critique the seven contestants above you on this list, looping to the bottom as necessary, and choose a top 3.

Lorn Asbord Schutta
netn10
RaikouRider
Subject16
kwanyeegor-ii
slimytrout
Phyrexian Editor
haywire
Jimmy Groove
Henlock
Ink-Treader
spacemonaut
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
Seems a bit deliberately confusing to reduce the cost and then have an effect based on converted mana cost. I feel like a lot of people would not play this correctly. Otherwise a fine card, although sort of feels like a bunch of stuff stuck together.
Subject16
Show
Hide
Very fun card, but probably too good to be an uncommon, especially if it's in a draft format that has multicolor and exalted support already. Imagine a board state where you have a Vassal Soul, a Hussar Patrol, and then you play this: suddenly your opponent is getting beat down by a 5/5 flyer with protection from their best flyer, and if they kill the spirit then you just start destroying them with your 4/6 vigilance with protection from half their creatures. And that's just using two commons that were printed in the same set!
RaikouRider
Show
Hide
A better version of Glimmervoid except for multicolored instead of artifacts? Definitely a fun idea, but maybe too pushed, since the former is already pretty strong.
netn10
Show
Hide
Man, I struggle to imagine the set where color counters would be a fun mechanic. Also, cards already do color-setting abilities without counters(e.g., Rise from the Grave), although I agree that you wouldn't want to be throwing them around like candy. Also, kind of odd to have two abilities that work on non-creature artifacts (U and W) and then a third that would be almost useless on them, especially since none of the existing black noncreature artifacts deal damage.
Lorn Asbord Schutta
Show
Hide
Not sure why this is green, or why it has the middle ability. Would be much cleaner as a 1WU first strike with the tap ability, and then could be uncommon.
spacemonaut
Show
Hide
Funny to be judging this right after LAS's, since they both have the same "colorless" text and are similar in flavor. This does not feel rare-worthy -- it's a charm where the first and third modes are for sure not worth a card, and the middle one would be a quite mediocre common (and yes, it's true that some of the power of charms is in their flexibility, but I still think this is underpowered).
Ink-Treader
Show
Hide
Ooh, this is an interesting one. I suspect it's almost never going to be worth setup cost (especially at 5 mana), but the potential to get repeated 5-for-1s would definitely be very exciting for Johnny.
T3
Show
Hide
1. Ink-Treader
2. Subject16
3. RaikouRider

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Subject16
Show
Hide
A strong build around, that can get quite nasty in multiples. I wonder if uncommon is appropriate for this with that in mind?
kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
Does quite a lot. It's one hell of a value engine if it managed to sit around.
slimytrout
Show
Hide
Very powerful in the right deck. With some library manipulation, this makes a potent engine on top of being able to hit fairly hard.
Phyrexian Editor
Show
Hide
Legendary Painter's Servant, eh? The permanent color adding to single permanents can get a bit annoying to track. Otherwise, this card isn't all that impressive.
haywire
Show
Hide
It's neat. My primary question is if it's intended that you can't use the mana from the activated ability to flip face-down cards, (see Qarsi Deceiver for the proper wording for that.) which does feel kind of bad. I do like that it can block two manifested cards and live. Black does feel out of place here though.
Jimmy Groove
Show
Hide
The wording on this is a bit confusing, but I think I get it. It's narrow in application, but quite powerful with the right cards. My only question is if the spell has to have an X cost and more than one target to get an extra target.
Henlock
Show
Hide
Simple but effective. Only complaint is that this doesn't need the blue other than to fulfill the challenge requirements.
Top 3
Show
Hide
1. slimytrout
2. haywire
3. Henlock

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

JimmyGroove: After a quick search, I realized there:s just a handful of spells that would get the whole bonus from this, most of them not really exciting, such as Malicious Advice or Prismatic Boon. The way it is worded makes it quite awkward with Expansion // Explosion and other cards that can target multiple quialities (decimate comes to mind). Wording it in a way that would copy the spell could work: If I am right X spells retain their value while on the stack. It might be powerful, but the sample of spells that will work with it is small too. I've been trying to come up with a wording for this and I doon't find it easy. Maybe strive wording could be a starting point.

haywire; Neat manifest commander with a super powerful ETB. You can get back the five mana spent immediatly. I think the waybit is worded you won't be able to use the mana to turn face up your manifests or morph up creatures. A more narrow wording would benefit the elegance of the card a lot because at first glance the ability looks quite disconnected, even when it is supposed to work with the manisfestations. Balance would be better too, as it will prevent using the mana to start artifact shenanigans.

phyrexian editor: I like how the two abilities interact with each other- in an eight-and-a-Half-Tailsish kind of way. This is harder to use and its applications are a bit narrow. I don't think this needs to be rare.

slimytrout: This can be very good with only the converge ability, but the trigger makes it very powerful. I'm not sure you meant this to have such as a repeatability, but the way it's worded makes it quite insane. Maybe an on-attack trigger would solve that. Even if that's settled don't think this can be an uncommon. The sheer size this can get and the ramp put it into the rare territory.

kwanyegor: Kind of a twist on Tome of the Guildpact that seems to be suited more into caring about small spells. I might have gone with 2/2 citizens which is a token that already exists and to strenghten the creature-oriented aide of this artifact.

Subject16: Quite powerful, in a multicolored-theme set it should be rather easy utilizing the evasion protection gives. I feel this should be a white card, but at the same time white is not the best supporting coloe for multicolored. Probably should drop the exalted on it, too.

RaikouRaider; It:s very hard to balance a land that can produce mana of any color as soon as it enters the battlefield. If I compare it to Crumbling Vestige, your card has way a higher ceiling but its floor is lower, as it will leave you down a land should your opponent remove your multicolored permanents. This is specially dramatic in the early game, so the risk is very high.

1. haywire
2. JimmyGroove
3. slimytrout
Last edited by Henlock 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

crits
Show
Hide
Lorn Asbord Schutta: not sure how the first ability works but it maybe wayy too strong with any sac outlet... otherwise this seems like too narrow hoser to be rare

netn10: Whoa...this is actually really cool...seems narrow but really cool design space

RaikouRider: Pretty basic card, it's just like [carThran Quarry basically. design seems to be too wordy. wish it was more elegant, like if the drawback was made into 1 ability

Subject16: wow nice... seems like it should maybe be rare... but would love to play this card. flavir for the new alara theme is super good

Henlock: pretty cool card, and I wanna put it in a [carKruphix, God of Horizons edh deck. seems fitting to the colors and the eldrazi theme

Ink-Treader; i had to read this like 4 times to understand what it did but once I did i loved it. It's like a prism refracting a rainbow

spacemonaut: all these effects hav to do with eldrazi but they seem super random. also charms should not be that expensive unless theyre tricolor lol
top 3
Show
Hide
1. net10
2. henlock
3. ink-treader

hm to subject16
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 4 years ago

spacemonaut
Show
Hide
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Lullmage's Charm 1UG
Instant (R)
Choose one —
• Tap target colorless creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
• Counter target permanent spell.
• Creatures your opponents control lose protection and indestructible until end of turn.
The power level of the different modes is kind of all over the place. I'm afraid I don't really get what you're going for here.
Lorn Asbord Schutta
Show
Hide
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
4 years ago
Hedron Duelist
Creature - Human Warrior (R)
First strike
If Hedron Duelist would be sacrificed, exile it instead, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
When Hedron Duelist attacks, tap target colorless creature. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step.
She hunts down remaining Eldrazis, bounding those that cannot be destroyed
2/3
That last ability should probably be "creature an opponent controls" so you're not forced to tap your own guy. I think it's funny that the deck that wants this the most is black.
netn10
Show
Hide
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Meta-rules: color counters give colors to permanents, just like keywords counters gives keywords to creatures.

Ethernium Amplifier WUB
Artifact (Rare)
Whenever a colorless artifact enters the battlefield under your control, put a White, Blue or Black counter on it.
White artifacts you control have "2W: Return this artifact to its owner's hand".
Blue artifacts you control have "2U: Untap this artifact".
Black artifacts you control have "2B: This artifact gains deathtouch and lifelink until end of turn".
Oh man, that untap mode is going to cause some solitaire shenanigans.
RaikouRider
Show
Hide
RaikouRider wrote:
4 years ago
Prismatic Gorge
Land {R}
Prismatic Gorge doesn't untap during your untap step unless you control a multicolored permanent.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control no multicolored permanents, tap Prismatic Gorge.
T: Add one mana of any color.
That second drawback might be a bit much.
Subject16
Show
Hide
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Sigil of the New World 3
Artifact (Uncommon)
Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Multicolored creatures you control have exalted. (If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.)
Whenever a multicolored creature you contol attacks alone, it gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
I like this, though I don't think it needs exalted itself.
kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
4 years ago
Scepter of New Alara 5
Artifact (Rare)
Multicolored spells you cast cost 1 less to cast and can't be countered.
Whenever you cast a multicolored spell, if it has converted mana cost 3 or less, create a 1/1 Elemental creature token that's all colors. If it has converted mana cost 4 or greater, draw a card.
I don't really like the idea of making all multicolored spells uncounterable. The flavor is ok, though.
slimytrout
Show
Hide
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
Scouting Caravan 3
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Converge - Scouting Caravan enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each color of mana spent to cast it.
Whenever a multicolored creature crews Scouting Caravan, look at the top card of your library. If it's a land, you may put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Crew 2
3/3
Is Converge just a rebranded Sunburst since the suns of Mirrodin aren't really a thing anymore? I love the bonus based on who crews the vehicle; that seems like something WotC will do someday.
1. slimytrout
2. Subject16
3. RaikouRider

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Serious dearth of critiques; extending the critique period until 11:59 PM Eastern on Monday the 18th. Get them in for both rounds if you played in the first two rounds!

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Lorn Asbord Schutta
Show
Hide
A hate card that's gold against the colorless nature of the eldrazi is a nice touch. This card is clearly green-white and blue, so that's all good. The card is a bit narrow, but the flavor is delivered very well.
Phyrexian Editor
Show
Hide
Nice callback to Shadowmoor's Scarecrows and their color-changing shenanigans. Giving it untap ability or vigilance seems really fun, and it really want to make a voltron deck around it. It seems fun and powerful in limited, and Magic always need more good scarecrows!
haywire
Show
Hide
The first ability feels tacked on. When this creature enters the field, you get at least 10 power of creatures scattered over 5 bodies which one is this gigantic creature and the others can potentially be turned face up for even more power. The last ability is fine, but it is the icing of the cake.
Jimmy Groove
Show
Hide
Artifact - Prism... alright, I need to see the full picture. This card might break so many X-Spells in modern and commander, and for any deck and for only 4 mana... very scary stuff.
Henlock
Show
Hide
This card looks pretty weak for a rare, but fine as a signpost uncommon card. Kozilek's brood got the colorless cost cards, not Emrakul. Otherwise this card seems fine, nothing too exciting.
Ink-Treader
Show
Hide
This card is kinda confusing for the first time you read it, but it is nothing too crazy. The ability is very crazy though - you get to return three cards each turn for free from your graveyard to your hand...
spacemonaut
Show
Hide
Rare charms are wierd - they always have been commons and uncommons. This card is very flexible and I especially like the last ability for a charm because it is very narrow and yet very powerful. The flavor of a toolbox of a lullmage is awesome, and every mode hurts the eldrazi in a very different way.
Top 3
Show
Hide
1st: Phyrexian Editor
2nd spacemonaut
3rd: Lorn Asbord Schutta

RaikouRider

Post by RaikouRider » 4 years ago

haywire: This is new! Wouldn't mind building around this as an alternative face-down tribal commander.
Jimmy Groove: This s a pretty wow concept, but maybe this should cost 5 (Pyromancer's Goggles)? I feel there would be pages of rulings on how this card interacts with modal spells, split cards, and so forth. Definitely splashy though!
Henlock: This card looks like it came straight out of Zendikar Rising. Can't say anything negative about this one.
Ink-Treader: Turns every multicolored card into your hand into a more restrictive All Suns' Dawn. This kind of effect should probably be restricted to sorcery speed only, as it makes players play around your entire graveyard effectively.
spacemonaut: I don't think we've seen effects two and three on cards to date. The modes are a bit haphazard, but they all have respectable uses, especially in a Zendikar-themed set.
Lorn Asbord Schutta: Maybe should return at end step? I don't like that this goes infinite with any free sacrifice outlet.
netn10: I like this as a depiction of the Great Work. Seems like quite the combo enabler at first glance, but I feel the activation costs are high enough to be fair.

1) Henlock
2) Spacemonaut
2) haywire

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 4 years ago

spacemonaut
Show
Hide
Lullmage's Charm - I have looked upon the other charms and none of them are rare and only few monocolored has generic mana cost in them. I see why rare was used in this card - as a strong, but specific hate card it would be unpleasant to have it as an uncommon in limited, having it at common would make no sense, and it does not feel mythic. But I see no reason to add to cost, even more when we consider power level.
Many blue charms allow you for returning permanent to owner's hand or even library, which usually means much more then limited, one-target Send to Sleep. The counterspell would be nice at two, having broader applications then the rest of two-mana charms, but at three mana is to narrow. Also, I think it should be "noninstant, nonsorcery", but quick search doesn't show nor mine nor yours template.
The last part is Cephalid Snitch mixed with Bonds of Mortality in pleasant way, but again, it would not be broken at .
Flavor is little off for lullmage, as they are mono-blue or azorius, but I see green in the last mode. It could be also red, but it would feel even stranger.
Ink-Treader
Show
Hide
Diffusion Lens - This one is fun, it reminds me of Conflux, which is one of my favourite tutors in terms of flavor. I truly appreciate the converted mana cost five here. I guess it has to do with using five-colors card to get five copies of conditional Regrowth. The fact that it exiles as a part of resolution balances the instant speed of the recursion. I wish it had some flavor text, though.
Henlock
Show
Hide
Harbinger of Emrakul - I guess that simic get stuck with Eldrazi after Eldritch Moon, in which Blue-Green had most of emerge.
Turns Unknown Shores into rainbowland, which is strong, but on the other hand so does Prismatic Omen, which comes earlier and is enchantment. The real draw to this card seems to be artifact mana like Basalt Monolith or Scions. It is hard for me to evaulate this, to be honest, but I can say without doubt, that giving Urzatron any color instead of colorless might prove backbreaking.
Maybe if he would instead give every Scion additional ": Add one mana of any color." would be safer. And since the token is colorless, it would still fit the challange.
Jimmy Groove
Show
Hide
Wave-Beam Focus-Stone - Is it rare or mythic? I will consider it mythic for this evaluation, so I apologize if I guessed wrong.
That said, doubling things is somewhere between rare and mythic, so the rarity might be fitting. But at the same time the effect is not something unheard, as Unbound Flourishing is almost the same thing in terms of concept - spells with some "mana-cost theme" are doubled or copied - and abilities are similiar. Moreover, having it only once per turn - without classic untap shaneningas - does not convey the sense of power you wish to see in mythic, but a powerful utility at rare.
Having turn five Sphinx's Revelation at four cards with missing land drop is strong, with no doubt. Broken? Maybe later in game, but if the games close at turn seven or eight, it won't cause that much problem as one might think.
haywire
Show
Hide
Ajmin, Locus of Linearity - It pays for itself the moment it enters the battlefield, and since you are in WU, then flickering it is certainly an option. I have to admit that it is a funny twist on milling that is found among considerable amount of dimir and esper decks. Being able to block two creatures also plays nicely with second ability. I am not so sold on third ability, especially the "colorless spells". I understand, that it is some thaumathurgical artificer, forcing spirit energies into linear manifestation. Why it helps mainly casting spells with devoid? Because if there is colored mana cost in artifact, then it is not colorless.
Otherwise, fun card to play, since manifest is fun ability in itself and here you deliver it with nice flavor.
Phyrexian Editor
Show
Hide
The Landscape Painter - Tracking headache, but WOTC have done it many times. It is Eight-and-a-Half-Tails in terms of idea and naturally reminds of Shadowmoor Scarecrows, espescially Painter's Servant. Rare is fine for such complicated effect to keep track of in limited, even if the creature usually serves just as a beater after coloring evrything. I guess you must play it in some kind of protection-tribal deck, so you may tap Painter to save your other permanent. The flavor text is well written, but the connection is rather loose.
slimytrout
Show
Hide
Scouting Caravan - Conditional 6/6 for , with crew 2. I would put it somewhere between Cultivator's Caravan and Daredevil Dragster, since most of times it would be 5/5 if cast on curve. It does not give you mana straight like Caravan, but it might ramp you forward, while still attacking. It does not give you two card straight like Dragster, but if kept long enough, it will give you virtual card advantage via unclogging the top deck and it will not sacrifice itself. But it all requires you to have multicolor creature.
If it is playable or maybe even broken - and on the right rarity - would depend much on enviroment. In setting like Ravnica it would be graet, maybe even too much, due to hybrid mana and cheap multicolored creatures and ramping potential on nonbasics, which would enter the battlefield tapped in most occasions anyway. But in set with small theme "artifacts love multicolor" this would be fine, even at uncommon like it is now.
top 3
Show
Hide
1. Ink-Treader - Diffusion Lens
2. haywire - Ajmin, Locus of Linearity
3. slimytrout - Scouting Caravan

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thanks everyone for stepping up and critiquing! Here are your top 8 contestants:

slimytrout
Ink-Treader
Phyrexian Editor
Henlock
haywire
Subject16
RaikouRider
netn10

Next round to come shortly!

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”