New Challenge Every Day - December 1st: an additional supertype for an artifact, land, enchantment that hasn't been made

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Today's Challenge: an additional supertype for an artifact, land, enchantment that hasn't been made before (Examples: An Enchantment Artifact - Food or an Artifact Land - Desert)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 87 (+1)
shullz 78 (+3)
Komandon 57 (+3)
void_nothing 37 (+0)
FrostBoss216 28
LandellXil0cent 24 (+1)
TessaMTG 14 (+2)
CunningGabe 4
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
KarrotVr 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Some interaction with loyalty counters on a non-planeswalker
TessaMTG wrote:
6 months ago
votes: shullz, Komandon

lore: dogs that wander the Blind Eternities, helping planeswalkers navigate.
IIW: abzan (black, white, green) Planeswalker
shullz wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG, Komandon

IIW: Multiple kicker costs
LandellXil0cent wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG, shullz

Enternity Plague
Enchantment (R)
Planeswalkers enter the battlefield with one less loyalty counter.
Creatures that would enter the battlefield with counters on them enter without counters on them instead.
Whenever counters are removed from a permanent, that many counters plus one are removed instead.
When an Eldrazi creature enters the battlefield put three -1/-1 counters on it.

IIW: Land sub-type "Rainbow"
void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10

Voice in the Chain Veil 2RR
Creature - Ogre Spirit (R)
Whenever Voice in the Chain Veil attacks, until end of turn, legendary spells you cast cost 2 less to cast.
Whenever a player activates an ability of a planeswalker, you may flip a coin. If you win the flip, put two loyalty counters on that planeswalker or remove two loyalty counters from it. If you lose the flip, Voice in the Chain Veil deals 2 damage to each player.
4/4

IIW: Liches
netn10 wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: LandellXil0cent, Komandon

War of the Spark - Humanity B
Battle - War (Mythic)
(You may cast either side of Wars. As a War enters, choose an opponent to protect it. You and others can attack it. When it's defeated, exile it, then cast it transformed.)
When War of the Spark - Humanity enters the battlefield, search your library for a planeswalker card, put it into your hand, then shuffle. You lose 3 life.
{5}
///////
War of the Spark - Bolas 1BB
Battle - War (Mythic)
When War of the Spark - Bolas enters the battlefield, move all loyalty counters from target planeswalker onto target Bolas planeswalker you control.
{3}

IIW: Battle - War
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 6 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, netn10

I don't know how to get the loyalty symbols in posts, so this is my best attempt.

Wrenn and World Tree
Land Planeswalker - Wrenn (M)
: Scry 1 Add one mana of any color.
While Wrenn is untapped its loyalty abilities place one more counter and remove one less counter.
{+1}: Add . If Wrenn is tapped, gain 3 life.
{-3}: Mill two cards. You may return a land card from your graveyard to your hand.
{-11}: You may mill five cards. return all land cards from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. Search your library for any number of creatures with total power X, where X is the number of land cards that entered the battlefield this way.
Loyalty [4]

(Hope that makes sense)

IIW: land - continent

shullz

Post by shullz » 6 months ago

Votes: netn10, TessaMTG

After creating cards for last month's MCC and CCL my creative juices are drained, so I'm going with something really simple:

IIW: Land modeled after a real world landmark.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 6 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, netn10

Ancestral Claim
Legendary Enchantment Land - Background R
: Add .
: Add . Spend this mana only to cast commander spells.
"Some ask why I would want such a barren land. The answer is simply because it is mine."

IIW: Four-Color uncommons
Last edited by Rithaniel 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 6 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, shullz

Murder Scene
Artifact Land - Clue (Common)
T: Add C.
2, T, Sacrifice Murder Scene: Draw a card.
"Such a clean design. Maybe too clean. I hate to admire a murderer this much."
- Mr. Whiskers, Private Investigator

IIW: Murder at Karlov Manor

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Votes: shullz, LandellXil0cent

Memento of Erebos 2B
Enchantment Artifact - Aura Gold (C)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and has menace.
When Memento of Erebos is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, create a Gold token.
Sacrifice Memento of Erebos: Add one mana of any color.

IIW: "Has base power"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”