Illuna question

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 5 months ago

need to be refreshed on this, gonna start playing my dino deck again.

for example, have Ranging Raptors in play. Pay Illuna, Apex of Wishes mutate cost, then put Illuna card on top of the raptor. The mutated creature will be a 6/6 with all of Illuna ability + all raptor ability?

but if I put Illuna on the bottom. The mutated creature will be a 2/3 with all of Illuna and raptor ability?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 5 months ago
Yes. What the mutate reminder text means by "They mutate into the creature on top" essentially means that the resulting permanent has all characteristics of the top card - name, mana cost, typeline, abilities, and power and toughness - but with all of the abilities of cards below it added. In this way you can have a Ranging Raptors that has all of Illuna's abilities or an Illuna, Apex of Wishes that has the Raptors' ability.
Go to full post
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Yes. What the mutate reminder text means by "They mutate into the creature on top" essentially means that the resulting permanent has all characteristics of the top card - name, mana cost, typeline, abilities, and power and toughness - but with all of the abilities of cards below it added. In this way you can have a Ranging Raptors that has all of Illuna's abilities or an Illuna, Apex of Wishes that has the Raptors' ability.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 5 months ago

I see. Thanks for the info.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”