New Challenge Every Day - November 16th: A card's rules text referencing someone winning or losing the game

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Today's Challenge: A card's rules text referencing someone winning or losing the game

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 47 (+3)
shullz 37 (+4)
Komandon 24 (+1)
FrostBoss216 22 (+2)
void_nothing 17 (+2)
TessaMTG 13 (+1)
LandellXil0cent 12 (+1)
CunningGabe 4
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Monoblack destroys two target enchantments
shullz wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, TessaMTG
Notes
Show
Hide
@TessaMTG: Took me a bit to really understand the full implications of this effect. Could be a bit too strong, with the annihilator, the repeatable card draw and untapping of everything. Probably relatively easy to go infinite with some upkeep token generation (infinite mana + card draw), but there are easier infinite combos, so I guess that's fine. Anyway, this was a bit of a brain twister, in a good way.

IIW: New meld of two existing cards - Choose two cards, add a meld ability and create a meld card combining these two cards.
TessaMTG wrote:
7 months ago
votes: FrostBoss216, Komandon

if this goes too far, it starts killing off your own stuff.
IIW: A card based off of a big D&D villain (e.g. Tiamat, Vecna, Demogorgon, etc.)
LandellXil0cent wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Vicious Gloom
Enchantment (R)
When Vicious Gloom enters the battlefield, surveil 3.
Whenever a card is put into your graveyard from your library, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Whenever a creature with a -1/-1 counter on it dies, you may sacrifice Vicious Gloom. If you do, destroy up to two target creatures, enchantments, or planeswalkers.

IIW: Jump-start on permanants
Komandon wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz , LandellXil0cent

Remove Temptation 1BB
When you cast Remove Temptation any other players may mill twenty cards to counter it.
Destroy up to two target enchantments.

IIW: a mono green, black or red hard counter spell or ETB. (Not sure if that terminology is still used)
netn10 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, shullz

Pitiless Mockery 1BB
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Destroy two target enchantments. If you controlled one of them, you draw two cards and you lose 2 life.
"A warlock saying 'I won't need this' to another warlock might be worse than any curse."
- Karira, Witch-Guardian

IIW: Mono black vehicle
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10

Rankle's First Tricks 2BB
Enchantment - Saga (R)
Flash
I - Up to one target creature gets +1/+1 and gains first strike until end of turn. Up to one target creature gets -1/-1 and loses all abilities until end of turn.
II - Create two 1/1 blue Faerie creature tokens with flying and "This creature can block only creatures with flying." You lose 2 life.
III - Destroy up to two target enchantments you don't control.

IIW: Vehicles matter
FrostBoss216 wrote:
7 months ago

IIW: Change one word in the title of an existing card
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 7 months ago

Votes: Komandon, TessaMTG
Notes
Show
Hide
@Komandon - Black doesn't really get efficient enchantment removal without restrictions or drawbacks. You found a very original way for a drawback that makes it more of a mill card than a removal. I think it fits black well.
@TessaMTG - I think this card is way too powerful, but I really like the concept and that you brought Gravestorm back.

IIW: A commander for Gorgon tribal

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, shullz

made for my edh-centric set, aptly named "Commander Stuff"
IIW: A new Chatterfang legendary Chatterfang, Squirrel General
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 7 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, Komandon
(Well done on the simplicity)

Reservoir of AEther
Artifact (M)
Flash
When Reservoir of AEther enters the battlefield, if you have less than four , sacrifice it.
Whenever a player lost the game this turn, you get fifteen .
At the beginning of your upkeep, you get .
50, Exile Reservoir of AEther: You win the game.

IIW: Phyrexian mana + Energy counters

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 7 months ago

My submission yesterday doesn't exactly follow the challenge, but I couldn't think of anything that specific and I liked how that card works. (If targeted correctly it could follow the challenge!)

IIW: Card name = Song title

KarrotVr
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by KarrotVr » 7 months ago

Votes: Frostboss216, Shultz

IIW: Video game

netn10

Post by netn10 » 7 months ago

Votes: void_nothing, Komandon

It of All and Nothing
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Eldrazi (Mythic)
( can only be paid by colored mana.)
It of All and Nothing is all colors and colorless.
Menace
If a player lost the game this game, It of All and Nothing enters the battlefield with six +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever It of All and Nothing deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game.
-2/-2

IIW:

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Votes: void_nothing , shullz

Hold Your Horses 3WW
Instant
Split-Second
Create two 2/2 white horse with vigilance.
Until end of end if a player would lose the game or win the game instead restart the game with half of each player's original life total and half their deck at random. Each player has two 2/2 white Horse tokens with vigilance. Hold Your Horses is exiled instead of being put back into the deck, gains suspend with four time counters. When Hold Your Horses would be cast from from exile without paying its may cast transform it.
(This ability overrides the timer in any tournament. )
///
Pony Up
Instant
Split-Second
The player with the most life total wins the game. If there is a tie roll a six sided die until there is a highest roll and that player wins the game.
Any player may sacrifice a Horse to add or subtract 1 roll total any roll unless there are no Horse tokens on the battlefield.
(After the game the judge may ban you from the store and casting is card counts as a waver from suing.)

IIW: instead a new alternative win condition.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

From Nothingness Come Knives 3B
Enchantment (R)
When From Nothingness Come Knives enters the battlefield, target opponent reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card there. That opponent exiles that card with a hit counter on it.
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player's life total is less than or equal to the number of cards they own in exile with hit counters on them, they lose the game.
2BBB: Choose target nonland card in exile with a hit counter on it. You lose life equal to that card's mana value, then copy it and you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.

IIW: Extremely powerful T abilities
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”