New Challenge Every Day - November 14th: The next evolution of the Eldrazi tokens that are sacrificed for mana

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Today's Challenge: The next evolution of the Eldrazi tokens that are sacrificed for mana

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 40 (+5)
shullz 30 (+4)
Komandon 21 (+1)
FrostBoss216 19 (+3)
void_nothing 13 (+1)
TessaMTG 11
LandellXil0cent 10
CunningGabe 4
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Card named after a non-Standard-legal set
shullz wrote:
7 months ago
This one's hard. I love all of them.
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

The idea here is to planeshift a permanent, similar to the planeshifted/colorshifted cards from Planar Chaos.
The card itself is somewhat of a colorshift of Vanishing Verse with a Neoform spin to it.

IIW: New colorshift of an existing card, in a way that works in its new color identity.
Bonus Cards: My first 2 ideas, I wasn't satisfied with.
Show
Hide

netn10 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, Komandon

Today I've learned that 'M' is 1000 in Roman numerals!

Arabian Nights 1W
Enchantment - Saga (Mythic)
I-M: Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it. If you do, draw a card.
MI: You win the game.

IIW: Mono black destroys two target enchantments.
TessaMTG wrote:
7 months ago
votes: shullz, netn10

im so sad i missed yesterday's one.

IIW: Card that creates in-game politics. (something that doesn't just damage people, but creates alliances and relations in game, that use people's smarts, insight, and common sense, instead of card effects.)
LandellXil0cent wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, FrostBoss216

Strixhaven, School of Mages
Legendary Land (R)
: Add .
: Add one mana of any color. Spend this only to cast an instant or sorcery spell.
: Create a 1/1 Wizard creature token that's all colors.
: Create a 2/1 white and black Inkling creature token with flying, a 1/1 black and green Pest creature token with "When this creature dies, gain 1 life.", a 0/0 green and blue Fractal creature token, put 3 +1/+1 counters on it. Create a 4/4 blue and red Elemental creature token, and a 3/2 red and white Spirit creature token. This ability costs less to cast fore each Wizard you control.

IIW: Mono-black enchantment matters
FrostBoss216 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10 (that pair is so funny to me)

Based on the Duel Decks set

IIW: Creature with storm
Komandon wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216 , Netn10

Coldsnap 1UU
Enchantment
Ward X where X is the number of time counters on Coldsnap.
Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with two time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
All permanents are snow permanents in addition to their other types.
At the beginning of your endstep you may sacrifice a snow permanent. If you do put a time counter on Coldsnap.

IIW: a non-snow/non-colors (Devoid/Eldriza) loophole to give an additional color. Aka a 6th color.
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10

Saviors of Kamigawa 5G
Enchantment - Saga (M)
I-V - You may put a legendary permanent card from your hand or command zone onto the battlefield if it doesn't have the same color identity as a legendary permanent you control.
VI - Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
///
Survivors of the Kami War
Enchantment Creature - Human Spirit (M)
Survivors of the Kami War and legendary creatures you control get +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
Your commanders have hexproof and indestructible as long as they're on the battlefield under your control.
5/5

IIW: Some more commander-matters stuff
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 7 months ago

Votes: void_nothing, netn10 (The flavour of this card is delicious. I want to build a deck that unsuccessfully tries to make this a win condition.)

IIW: A card's rules text referencing someone winning or losing the game.

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 7 months ago

Votes: Komandon, void_nothing

*swings with Wake Thrasher*
IIW: creature with Backup 10 or more
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 7 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, Komandon

Tentacle of Emrakul
Creature - Eldrazi Horror (R)
When Tentacle of Emrakul deals damage, create a 0/1 Eldrazi Worm creature token with "When this creature dies, untap target land."
1/5

IIW: Wild West Planeswalkers

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, LandellXil0cent

IIW: Creature — Wendigo

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 7 months ago

Votes: shullz, FrostBoss216
Comments
Show
Hide
@shullz : Yea, the moment I thought about it, I knew I struck gold. :grin:
@FrostBoss216 : Oh my pair is a classic! And Duel is genius.
@TessaMTG : I really like it, but a card named Battle for Zendikar that isn't a Battle feels wrong to me. I bet we will get that Battle in the next MH though.
The Feeding Must Continue 1G
Sorcery (Common)
Devoid
Create a -1/-1 colorless Eldrazi Progeny with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each Eldrazi you sacrificed this game" and "Sacrifice this creature: Add C".
The party suddenly felt an uncontrollable urge to eat, and the sudden, dreadful thought that perhaps Ulamog had never gone away soon followed.

IIW: Base power and toughness -1/-1.

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Votes: Shultz , netn10

Psionic Resonance 1UR
Instant (uncommon)
Devoid
Deal 2 damage to any target and 1 damage to you.
Create a 2/2 colorless Eldrari Brood with "Sacrifice this creature: Add C equal to amount of noncombat damage dealt to you this turn."
Buyback - Exile two red and/or blue cards from your hand.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Votes: shullz, netn10

Zhulodok's Bloodchief 1BB
Creature - Vampire Warrior (R)
Haste
B, T, Pay 2 life: Create two 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Enervator creature tokens. They have "Whenever a creature or planeswalker dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, add C. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end" and "T, Sacrifice this creature: It deals 1 damage to any target."
3/2

IIW: Angels of Ixalan's Core
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”