void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Today's Challenge: Patriotism/Nationalism

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 23 (+3)
shullz 18 (+2)
Komandon 14 (+1)
FrostBoss216 12 (+1)
void_nothing 9
TessaMTG 6 (+1)
LandellXil0cent 6 (+2)
CunningGabe 4
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
.::Note of the Day::.

Winning entry had no IIW so it falls to the second place scorer with the lowest total.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Takara, the Scribe-Jester
TessaMTG wrote:
7 months ago
votes: shullz, netn10 (I like your mixing of real events with mtg lore)

IIW: a new Yidaro, Wandering Monster legendary. make my turt wander in a new way!
shullz wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: Komandon, LandellXil0cent
@FrostBoss216: Really like this card's concept. I'm just unsure how "exchange damage" is supposed work. Would each creature deal damage to every other creature in the arena and all creatures in the arena would just collectively die at the first opportunity?

IIW: Least likely pair - Create a card that combines two legendary creatures the way March of the Machine did with cards like "Djeru and Hazoret" or "Ghalta and Mavren", BUT combine two creatures that should never be on the same card.
netn10 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, TessaMTG

Takara, the Scribe-Jester 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor Performer (Rare)
Ward - Exile a creature you control, then return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield or attacks, tap it, put a stun counter on it, counter each other ability it triggered, then its controller draws a card for each ability countered this way.
"Doing taxes has never been THIS fun!"
1/3

IIW: White or Black with "Return target creature card with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield."
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: netn10, LandellXil0cent
Komandon wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: netn10 , shullz

Takara, the Scribe-Jester 1UB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Rogue
Whenever you cast an instant, sorcery and/or enchantment for the second time each turn you may put a up to two -1/-1 counters on any number of creatures.
T, Remove a counter from a creature you control: put a counter of the same type onto target creature other than the the creature the counter was removed from.
3/3

IIW: a legendary creature version of a non-legendary creature. (Include the name of the creature.)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, TessaMTG

IIW: Gurrak, Feral Advisor

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 7 months ago

votes: netn10, Komandon

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO SPARK ANY CONTROVERSY. NOTHING ON THIS CARD IS RELATED TO ANY RECENT EVENTS POLITICALLY.
IIW: Treasure token-based planeswalker.
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 7 months ago

Votes: shullz, netn10 (I love the twisted design.)

Defend the Union
Enchantment - Saga (R)
|: Put a hunt counter on target creature, scry 3 and draw a card.
||: Put a hunt counter on target creature, gain 3 life and draw a card.
|||: Put a hunt counter on target creature, return target permanent card with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand, then draw a card.
||||: Destroy each creature with a hunt counter on it and create 6 Treasure tokens.
"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear from all of us soon."-George W. Bush

IIW: Steampunk Artifacts

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 7 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, shullz
@shullz you pretty much got it, all creatures will deal combat damage to each other (except your own creatures if you have more than one), and they all die at the end of combat like normal damage.

IIW: Nonmana Kicker (card with kicker that doesn't use mana)

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 7 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, shullz
Comments
Show
Hide
Two spicy challenges back to back, I like it lol.
@TessaMTG : Thanks :) You might like my custom set.
Under One Banner 1W
Enchantment (Rare)
White creatures you control have vigilance.
Blue creatures you control have "T: Draw a card, then discard a card."
Black creatures you control have menace.
Red creatures you control have haste.
Green you control have have "T: Add one mana of any color."

IIW: Gold Two-Brid

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Votes: Netn10 , TessaMTG

Unwavering Allegiance 3Ww
Enchantment (Rare)
Shroud
If a source you deal damage to you, prevent that damage and create a tapped 1/1 white Citizen Solider token with "This creature can not be sacrificed" for each point of damage prevented in this way.
When you control a number of creatures equal to or more than your life total you lose the game.

IIW: Legendary card based on a historical figure.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, Komandon

Defense of Efrava 5G
Enchantment (R)
Cats you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance and reach.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may sacrifice Defense of Efrava. If you do, create X 2/2 green Cat Warrior creature tokens, where X is twice the number of creatures target opponent controls.

IIW: Create off-color tokens
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”