New Challenge Every Day - September 4th: a mana dork or mana rock with a drawback when activated

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Today's Challenge: a mana dork or mana rock with a drawback when activated

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 6 (+2)
netn10 5 (+2)
Rithaniel 5 (+3)
Komandon 4 (+3)
haywire 2 (+2)
.::Note of the Day::.

This thread is going up late, so I'm aiming to post tomorrow's round earlier than this, meaning today's will be a bit shortened.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
At random
Komandon wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: voids_nothing , Netn10

Blizzard Exchange 3U
Sorcery
Starting with you choose a permanent you control and another player at random gains control of it. Each repeats this process for each other player that hasn't been chosen.

IIW. A new pairing of two legendary creatures of different types that isn't in MOM made into a single new card.
netn10 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, Komandon

Pranks of the Fae UR
Sorcery (Rare)
For each creature you control, choose a Role token at random between Cursed, Monster, Royal, Sorcerer and Wicked. Create that token attached to that creature.
Flashback - Sacrifice each Role you control.

IIW: Non-mana flashback cost.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
8 months ago
netn10 haywire
haywire wrote:
8 months ago
(apologies for the late entry to yesterday's, it was the first one I saw and I completely did not realize that it wasn't today's)
votes: void_nothing, rithaniel

Fickle Favor
Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of your end step, choose a creature at random and put a favor counter on it. If your devotion to any one color is greater than or equal to 7, you may instead choose a creature that is that color at random and put a favor counter on it.
Creatures with one or more favor counters on them have "This creature can't be blocked."
Creatures with two or more favor counters on them have hexproof.
Creatures with three or more favor counters on them have protection from everything.
Who the gods favor is often impossible to predict, and the boons they bestow often impossible to overcome.

IIW: a mechanic tied to a specific plane used in a different one
Rithaniel wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Komandon, haywire

Riddle of Kaluun
Instant U
Choose one at random—
  • Search your library for an instant or sorcery card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
  • Counter target spell.
IIW: Soul-sculpt (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this permanent.)
void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Komandon, Rithaniel

Living Duet 2W
Creature - Elemental (U)
Vigilance
1U, T: Draw a card. Activate only as a sorcery and only if you control a Siren.
1B, T: Each opponent discards a card at random. Activate only as a sorcery and only if you control a Specter.
2/3

IIW: Nontraditional undead
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

haywire

Post by haywire » 8 months ago

votes: komandon, void_nothing

Chalice of Borrowed Futures
Artifact {M}
, Exile the top card of your library: Add one mana of any color.
, Exile the top 2 cards of your library: Draw a card.
, Exile the top 3 cards of your library: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Your opponents may play cards exiled with Chalice of Borrowed Futures during any of their turns, and they may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to do so.
When you bargain your future away for power in the present, somebody else may well end up with the fate that once would have been yours.

IIW: unusual creature types for artifact creatures

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 8 months ago

void_nothing, netn10

Thran Extractor 3
Artifact (U)
T, Sacrifice a land: Add one mana of any color that land could produce. If that land was basic, untap Thran Extractor.

iiw: robot invaders

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Thunderstone Circle 1R
Artifact (Rare)
T: Add GW: Spend this mana only to cast Dinosaur spells. Whenever a Dinosaur creature that was paid with Thunderstone Circle enters the battlefield, Thunderstone Circle deals 4 damage to it.

IIW: Multicolored mana rock

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Votes: Netn10 , Rithaniel

Flesh Drummer 1B
Creature - Zombie Bard (uncommon)
T: add one mana of any color and exile a creature from your graveyard. If you are unable to exile a creature in this way, sacrifice Flesh Drummer and lose 3 life.
2/2

IIW: create a new signature common or uncommon spell for a planeswalker for Oathbreaker. Name the planewalker you made it for.

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 8 months ago

Votes: Netn10, Haywire

Enigma Machine 5
Enchantment Artifact (R)
You may pay 5 rather than pay the mana cost for spells you cast.
At the start of your pre-combat main phase, roll 1d6.
1 | Add c to your mana pool. Tap all untapped permanents that produce w.
2 | Add c to your mana pool. Tap all untapped permanents that produce u.
3 | Add c to your mana pool. Tap all untapped permanents that produce b.
4 | Add c to your mana pool. Tap all untapped permanents that produce r.
5 | Add c to your mana pool. Tap all untapped permanents that produce g.
6 | Add c to your mana pool. Tap all other untapped permanents that produce colored mana.

IIW: Legendary Enchantment — Saga card with " ~ can be your commander."
Last edited by KB52665 8 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Ochifei, Chalice of Foreknowledge W
Legendary Artifact (R)
Ochifei enters the battlefield tapped. As it does, secretly choose a number.
T: Add W. Each opponent may scry 1.
W, T, Sacrifice Ochifei: Reveal the chosen number and pay that much mana. When you do, counter up to one target spell with mana value X or less that targets you or a permanent you control and scry X, where X is the amount of mana paid this way.

IIW: Losing abilities
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 months ago

Votes: Komandon (The wording is broken, but I think your goal is that each player gives one permanent and each player receives on permanent, but the distribution is random. If that's right, I really like it), void_nothing

Disc of Peridot
Artifact R
Disc of Peridot enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add one mana of any color. Then sacrifice an artifact unless you control three or more other artifacts that could produce that color of mana.

IIW: Mana-fixing land with a new twist
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”