August MCC - Round 3 - Bring Me the Horizon

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 9 months ago

(banner pic is Endless Horizons by Joshua Hagler)

August MCC

Round 3 - Bring Me the Horizon

Sometimes we get new Modern Horizons set during Summer. But not this year. Anyway, show me your best designs for the new Modern Horizons set as though it was right there!

This month, we make designs that we can likely see in Modern Horizons sets, with Modern playability and Horizons design philosophy in mind.

Good news: designs you come up with in early rounds won't affect your designs for further rounds! Like, at all.

Lands were always a crucial part of Horizon sets. And according to the news, the next year's MH will have a DFC theme. So...

Main Challenge - Make a DOUBLE-FACED card for Modern Horizons set with AT LEAST one land on one of its sides.

Subchallenge 1 - A) Your card is uncommon or rare.

Subchallenge 2 - You card has something different from land on one of its sides.

Clarifications
Show
Hide
Main Challenge - MDFCs or transforming cards, it can be everything. Just make sure it's a land on at least one side. It can be a back side, not only a front side.

Subchallenge 1 - No need to explain more, although "rare" doesn't include "mythic rare".

Subchallenge 2 - One side of your card is not a land by default.

DEADLINES

Design deadline: Wednesday, August 23th 2023 at 23:59 Eastern Time

Judging deadline: Friday, September 1st 2023 at 23:59 Eastern Time

RUBRIC
MCC Rubric
Show
Hide
The MCC Rubric is given below, in an easily "copy and pasted" form. (Courtesy of Rithaniel.)

Code: Select all

[b]Design[/b]
[b](X/3) Appeal[/b] - Do the different player psychographics (Timmy/Johhny/Spike) have a use for the card?
[b](X/3) Elegance[/b] - Is the card easily understandable at a glance? Do all the flavor and mechanics combined as a whole make sense?

[b]Development[/b]
[b](X/3) Viability[/b] - How well does the card fit into the color wheel? Does it break or bend the rules of the game? Is it the appropriate rarity?
[b](X/3) Balance[/b] - Does the card have a power level appropriate for contemporary constructed/limited environments without breaking them? Does it play well in casual and multiplayer formats? Does it create or fit into a deck/archetype? Does it create an oppressive environment?

[b]Creativity[/b]
[b](X/3) Uniqueness[/b] - Has a card like this ever been printed before? Does it use new mechanics, ideas, or design space? Does it combine old ideas in a new way? Overall, does it feel "fresh"?
[b](X/3) Flavor[/b] - Does the name seem realistic for a card? Does the flavor text sound professional? Do all the flavor elements synch together to please Vorthos players?

[b]Polish[/b]
[b](X/3) Quality[/b] - Points deducted for incorrect spelling, grammar, and templating.
[b](X/2) Main Challenge (*)[/b] - Was the main challenge satisfied? Was it approached in a unique or interesting way? Does the card fit the intent of the challenge?
[b](X/2) Subchallenges[/b] - One point awarded per satisfied subchallenge condition.

[b]Total: X/25[/b]
*An entry with 0 points here is subject to disqualification.

JUDGES

Raptorchan
Ink-Treader

PLAYERS

bravelion83
Rithaniel
Haywire
Venedrex
slimytrout
kwanyeegor-ii

BRACKETS
Rithaniel vs Venedrex
Haywire vs bravelion83
slimytrout vs kwanyeegor-ii
Last edited by Raptorchan 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 9 months ago

Iri's Nest
Legendary Artifact Land (R)
T: Add C. Add U instead if you control two or more Eggs.
Whenever Iri's Nest becomes tapped, create a 0/1 blue Egg artifact creature token with hexproof and defender. This ability triggers only once each turn.
3{2/U}{2/U}, T: Exile Iri's Nest, then you may cast it transformed without paying its mana cost.
Since her construction and enchantment to become alive, Iri always makes sure to lay a few eggs whenever she's home.

//

Hatching of the Metal Flock
(U) Sorcery (R)
If you control five or more Eggs as you cast this spell, this spell can't be countered.
Sacrifice all Eggs you control, then create that many 2/2 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying and "This creature gets +1/+1 for each card named Iri's Nest in your graveyard."
Even when they fly without her, the memory of their mother tending them when they had just hatched from her eggs emboldens them and makes them stronger.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 9 months ago

Attack on Gadra's Grove 2G
Battle — Conquest (R)
(As a Conquest enters, choose an opponent to protect it. You and others can attack it. When it's defeated, transform it.)
Whenever Attack on Gadra's Grove enters the battlefield or you remove a defense counter from it, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
{3}
///
Gadra's Grove
Land (R)
T: Add G.
G, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target Plant, Treefolk, or Dryad. Activate only as a sorcery.
"Let the trees grow, let the wind blow,
Let the leaves fall, let the birds call."
—Hymn of Gadra

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 9 months ago

Kamahl's Blade
Legendary Artifact — Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +3/+0.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put a remorse counter on Kamahl's Blade, then exile the top card of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play that card. At the beginning of your end step, if Kamahl's Blade has three or more remorse counters on it, transform it.
Equip
In his rage, he paid a heavy price.
///
Grove of the Mirari
Legendary Land (R)
: Add .
: Add X mana in any combination of colors, where X is equal to the number of remorse counters on Grove of the Mirari.
From his sorrow, Krosan flourished.
Last edited by Venedrex 9 months ago, edited 8 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 9 months ago

Markov Manor Laboratory
Legendary Land (Mythic)
T, Pay 1 life: Add B.
Whenever you cast a black spell, you may pay 1B and mill a card. When you do, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token with lifelink and target opponent creates a 1/1 white Human creature token.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 3BB and exile thirteen cards from your graveyard. If you do, untap Markov Manor Laboratory and transform it.
/DFC/
Shilgengar, Hunger Exploiter
{B} Legendary Creature - Demon (Mythic)
Flying
When this permanent transforms into Shilgengar, Hunger Exploiter, exile all Vampires you control and create that many 5/5 black Demon creature tokens with flying. Then exile all Humans you don't control and create that many Blood tokens.
5/5
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 9 months ago

Ephemeral Savior
Creature - Angel Spirit U
Flash
Flying
Ephemeral Savior can block an additional creature each combat.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you lost no life since your last turn, transform Ephemeral Savior.
"She came, like a wisp on the wind, when we needed her the most."
3/3
//////////
Monastery of Peace
Land U
: Add .
: Target creature can block an additional creature this combat.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you lost 3 or more life since your last turn, transform Monastery of Peace.
"One day, when we need her again, she will return. Until then, we keep to her traditions."
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

haywire

Post by haywire » 9 months ago

Celestial Battlegrounds
Land {R}
Celestial Battlegrounds enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add , , or .
Whenever you cast an Angel spell, you gain 1 life, each opponent loses 1 life, and Celestial Battlegrounds deals 1 damage to target creature.
One might mistake the pearl-white feathers and golden ichor covering the ground for beauty, but a closer look reveals the bloody aftermath of a war for the very heavens.
//MDFC//
Angel of Broken Wings
Creature — Angel Soldier
Haste, menace, ward
As Angel of Broken Wings enters the battlefield, choose X, where X is 1 plus the amount of mana from lands named Divine Battlegrounds spent to cast Angel of Broken Wings. Angel of Broken Wings gains those characteristics until end of turn. If X is 4 or greater, Angel of Broken Wings instead gains all of the following characteristics permanently.
  • Lifelink and "At the beginning of combat, this creature deals damage equal to its power to any target."
  • Deathtouch and "When this creature attacks and isn't blocked, create 3 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens."
  • First strike and "When this creature deals damage to a player, that player discards 2 cards."
4/4

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 9 months ago

Let's judge.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 9 months ago

All done.
Rithaniel
Show
Hide
Design
(1.5/3) Appeal - Timmy likes this card the most I think. There's not much here for Johnny, and Spike is unsure. It's a fair rate for the Angel, and becoming 2 mana on the next turn if it survives combat and helps stop life loss is intriguing to be sure. But will it come together to be valuable?
(3/3) Elegance - Both sides are quite straight forward.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Front side is quite white. Back side feels a little bendy because of the two mana generation, but I could see some sort of cycle born from this. Uncommon is fair.
(3/3) Balance - It's serviceable. The potential mana generation is interesting, but I think this is mostly a limited card, which is fine for an uncommon.

Creativity
(2/3) Uniqueness - The Angel is a familiar blend of white effects, though nothing exactly like it exists. Transforming into a land with those abilities is quite unique though.
(3/3) Flavor - This tells a nice little self-contained story. I like it.

Polish
(2/3) Quality - For the Angel, the transform condition should likely be worded "if you didn't lose life", as indicated by the closest example to what this is doing, Luminarch Ascension. The activated ability on the land side should be "an additional creature this turn", not "this combat", as seen on the likes of Coastline Chimera.
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) - Indeed.
(2/2) Subchallenges - Uncommon, and has a nonland side.

Total: 21.5/25
vs
Venedrex
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - A perfectly Timmy card. There's some angles here for Johnny, but nothing too interesting. Spike likes both sides, but might prefer not to have to transform the rather efficient Equipment.
(3/3) Elegance - I think this is plenty understandable.

Development
(2/3) Viability - Front side is very red. Back side feels like potentially a break, as the mana acceleration of any color is sizeable, being at least three. Rare is appropriate, though Mythic feels plausible.
(2/3) Balance - It's not exactly a Sword of This and That, but it feels extremely good relative to existing "+3/+0" Equipment, even if it inevitably transforms into a land... that generates a ton of mana, and with relative ease.

Creativity
(1.5/3) Uniqueness - Shockingly, Sword of Forge and Frontier appears to be the only Equipment with impulse draw. Dowsing Dagger does a very similar transformation though; the lands will even be functionally the same most of the time.
(3/3) Flavor - This is an effective condensing of part of Kamahl's backstory. I might have liked something more destructive than impulse draw for the damage trigger, but this is fine.

Polish
(2/3) Quality - I believe there's two valid approaches to the triggered ability that transforms the Equipment. One is to have it be a separate line of text. The other would be to have it be "Then, at the beginning of your next end step...", which is a bit odd. The former would be preferable, unless you're specifically aiming to disallow proliferate/etc. to transform it outside of engaging in combat, which strikes me as a rather niche concern. Also, in the land's flavor text, it should be "Krosa", not "Krosan".
(2/2) Subchallenges - Rare, and has a nonland side.

Total: 19.5/25
-
Haywire
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - Both sides have plenty of Timmy appeal. Johnny isn't too interested in either side; nothing too exciting to do with the land, and the Angel is ultimately just a blunt instrument. Spike finds the land quite interesting, if enough Angels can be put together, the land can do a lot of powerful things, and one can have more than 1 of these out. The Angel is also reasonably efficient and hardy. They're almost always going to pick the first option though, and care little about trying to get the whole thing together.
(2/3) Elegance - The triggered ability on the land does run on a bit, but isn't too bad. The Angel is extremely texty.

Development
(2.5/3) Viability - Repeatable 'free' pinging on a land seems questionable; getting that kind of value out a land would normally require more work. Rare seems fine, and the colors are appropriate. I do wonder if this is a scenario where they'd break out permanent ability gain, but indefinite gained abilities do exist at least.
(2.5/3) Balance - Someone might try to build around that land; that trigger does a lot. The Angel is a fine beater.

Creativity
(3/3) Uniqueness - The land is fairly unique, and the Angel has some unique functionality it how its abilities work.
(2.5/3) Flavor - The land's flavor text is nice. I'm not entirely sure what the Angel is up to, though I do appreciate that it's better the more of the land you have.

Polish
(0.5/3) Quality - Regarding the use of the word "characteristics", I'm quite certain "abilities" is correct here. The only card to use the word "characteristic", Outlaws' Merriment, uses it because it also encompasses creature type, Power/Toughness, and color, which none of the options affects. I question the use of 'permanently', as only Phoebe, Head of S.N.E.A.K. uses it (and is an UNcard), but the alternative I would expect, 'indefinitely', is only used in reminder text, so I will allow it, as it still seems a proper use for the scenario.
The Angel is monstrously texty. 13 lines of text, and 4 spaces, vs. Animate Dead's 10 lines of text and 2 spaces. That is massively beyond the already tiny text in Animate Dead. I'm penalizing .5 for each line of text over 10 (3 * .5 =1.5), and an additional .5 for the spaces.

Total: 19/25
vs
bravelion83
Show
Hide
Design
(3/3) Appeal - I think Timmy will like this fine; they might not particularly like sacrificing their things, but this is pretty solid flavor angle that just makes sense, and it does make the Eggs into something bigger, after all. There's plenty for Johnny to work with here, and both they and Spike like a fairly constant stream of tokens to work with.
(3/3) Elegance - I think this is fine.

Development
(2/3) Viability - As this deals with artifacts, allowing pure colorless to activate seems fine. Rare is also appropriate. The "may cast" on the transform is technically correct, but I don't think it would be printed as a may. I'd also argue the sorcery could just be the activated ability itself.
(2/3) Balance - A land that continuously produces tokens while generating mana seems kind of busted, even if the tokens have defender. The activated ability seems fine, as you do give up the land for it. A hell of a potential game closer though.

Creativity
(2.5/3) Uniqueness - The land has some unique things going on, but that's more because the token generation is just a triggered ability. The sorcery isn't a terribly new concept as far as a means to transform one thing into another, but that's a unique token for using Muscle Burst type design space.
(3/3) Flavor - It's a cute story. I think the flavor text could be worded more smoothly; the land side especially reads awkwardly. It could be made more concise, like "Since being given life, Iri always ensures she lays a few eggs whenever she's home."

Polish
(3/3) Quality - This looks fine. It's a bit texty, but both sides seem to be just about fine.
(2/2) Subchallenges - Is rare, and has a nonland face.

Total: 22.5/25
-
slimytrout
Show
Hide
Design
(1.5/3) Appeal - Timmy likes it well enough. Not much here for Johnny. Spike might like this; potentially 4 0/1's for 3 mana, and then you get a land out of it seems decent, but I feel like Spike wants more immediate impact.
(3/3) Elegance - Quite so.

Development
(2.5/3) Viability - It's certainly green. Rare is probably correct, but I do wonder if uncommon would be fine. I do understand why you have a new Battle subtype here that's very similar to Siege, as the difference is necessary for the back side to be a land, but I feel like updating Siege to enable a land to be on the back works better, though I understand that I would likely penalize that elsewhere. A modest risk.
(2.5/3) Balance - 4 0/1's for 3 mana and some additional effort, that turns into land with some minor abilities, seems alright. I question if it's particularly worth while, but I find Battles somewhat challenging to evaluate currently. Feels a bit underwhelming for a rare.

Creativity
(2/3) Uniqueness - Battles are still very new design space, and this notably does something as it loses defense counters, unlike existing Battles. Being a new subtype is unique, though as earlier noted it's purely a functional change to Siege to enable lands on the back. The land isn't in terribly unique design space, that being a land that can put counters on specific creature types.
(3/3) Flavor - This is where I think 'Conquest' pays off, as a Conquest earning a land makes perfect sense. The flavor text on the land is nice, and seems to suggest that the Grove's inhabitants don't particularly care who 'owns' it, they'll live there all the same.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Looks good.

Total: 21.5/25
vs
kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - Timmy can appreciate what this can do, but finds some of the costs involved distasteful. There's plenty of knobs on the front side for Johnny, and there's even a few shenanigans to get up to with the back side. Spike is unsure that the costs are low enough to make use of, but does like that they can make use of the triggered abilities with the mana the land produces.
(2.5/3) Elegance - Front side is a bit texty, but the demon is quite straightforward.

Development
(2/3) Viability - That's perfectly fine as a black card, and Mythic seems reasonable. I question having multiple triggered abilities that could be designed as activated abilities instead. There are distinct benefits to this approach, but I don't think this is the approach that would be taken.
(3/3) Balance - It seems relatively fair. The requirements to flip seem reasonable, and the token generation seems fair too. It's telegraphed, but powerful.

Creativity
(3/3) Uniqueness - The front side is doing some unique things in using triggered over activated abilities, and the ability that gives both you and an opponent a token is fairly unusual. The Demon is doing something Zombie Apocalypse like, but in a different way.
(2.5/3) Flavor - An interesting way of telling the backstory of Innistrad's vampires. Feels weird not to fit an Angel in it somehow, but sacrifices do have to be made to keep things concise (and playable)

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Looks good.
(1/2) Subchallenges - Has a nonland side, but is Mythic, which is neither Uncommon nor Rare.

Total: 21/25
Final Scores
Show
Hide
Rithaniel - 21.5 vs Venedrex - 19.5
Haywire - 19 vs bravelion83 -22.5
slimytrout -21.5 vs kwanyeegor-ii - 21

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 8 months ago

Rithaniel
Show
Hide
Design
(1,5/3) Appeal - As a defensive/ramp card, this can appeal to Timmy and maybe Johnny just a little bit.
(3/3) Elegance - It's pretty clear what it does.

Development
(2,5/3) Viability - Personally. I would promote this to rare because the card is quite complicated and land producing 2 mana feels more like a rare rather than uncommon.
(2,5/3) Balance - It can be quite annoying and effective, but far from being broken or the first pick.

Creativity
(2,5/3) Uniqueness - Unique enough although some effects existed before.
(3/3) Flavor - I like this much more than your design from previous round, everything feels appropriate.

Polish
(2,5/3) Quality - Personally, I see the only mistake in "if you lost no life since your last turn". For "an additional creature this combat" I am certain this has rights to exist. It just makes an opportunity window narrower, but why not.
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) - Met.
(2/2) Subchallenges - Both met.

Total: 21,5/25
vs
Venderex
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - It's a Timmy card though and though. For two others, 50/50.
(2,5/3) Elegance - You overcomplicated the ability, maybe by mistake. Other than that, no problems.

Development
(2/3) Viability - It's a weird case of mana acceleration in Red. Yet again, if this card was colorless, it would have been fine...
(2/3) Balance - Strong card, at least from my point of view. But maybe, maybe a bit to strong as an equipment, although the strongest comparable cards are commons which is not fair.

Creativity
(2,5/3) Uniqueness - I remember one equipment from Ixalan transforming into a land, but I like everything else your execution.
(3/3) Flavor - It captures the story.

Polish
(2,5/3) Quality - First of all, I think the ability must be separated into two. But since I am not certain about it, I deduced half a point only in Elegance section. Second, "where X is equal to the number" must be just "Where X is the number". I checked multiple cards to prove it.

Total: 20,5/25
Haywire
Show
Hide
Design
(2/3) Appeal - Timmy may like it, Spike can see a land with an upside and rare slot and costly creature on the other side, Johnny can be mildly interested but most likely considers the back side not worth it.
(1,5/3) Elegance - Too much text. And some use of words is very confusing.

Development
(3/3) Viability - See no problems here.
(2/3) Balance - I am not saying the card is broken, but the land ability feels wrong. An effect like this is worth to be on enchantment, even if cheap one. Even considering the fact it's niche and tribal specific.

Creativity
(3/3) Uniqueness - Definietely something new and unexpected.
(3/3) Flavor - No problems.

Polish
(0,5/3) Quality - Too. Much. Text. And "characteristics" is not what you mean here, the right term is "abilities". The word "permanently" is not needed here at all.

Total: 19/25
vs
bravelion83
Show
Hide
Design
(3/3) Appeal - I am certain all three players may be excited about a land that produces chump blockers every turn. Not to mention the other side!
(1,5/3) Elegance - The front side has a bit too much going on. And even more interesting question - if you aren't going to cast the back side after exiling it, what are you going to do with it then?

Development
(3/3) Viability - I guess it's fine.
(1,5/3) Balance - Pushed! Because land is free, you must be very careful with what you are doing with its abilities that are also can be free. Even when you are trying to balance it out by making it both artifact (which is arguably a downside) and legendary. And,

Creativity
(3/3) Uniqueness - I can't say it's not unique.
(3/3) Flavor - I can see it.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - I deduced points for elegance because of strangely worded activated ability so I am not going to do it again. But! Here is another question - do you need to specify that you cast the spell without paying its mana cost when the spell itself doesn't have any? I really wanted to ask it, but then I checked and find out that Suspend spells without mana cost do the same. Weird. But totally precedented.
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) - Yes.
(2/2) Subchallenges - Both yes.

Total: 22/25
slimytrout
Show
Hide
Design
(1,5/3) Appeal - It's a quite niche card for Spike and Johnny to care much. Timmy likes.
(3/3) Elegance - Very elegant.

Development
(3/3) Viability - Some may say why not to make this a regular siege without inventing new battle types, but since the reward for the conquest is a land, I can see it.
(2/3) Balance - It's far from being broken or all-star card.

Creativity
(2/3) Uniqueness - It's just not different enough from Sieges to call it a novel concept.
(3/3) Flavor - Cute lyrics. Like it.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - Perfect.

Total: 21,5/25
vs
kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
Design
(1,5/3) Appeal - It's a Timmy card though and though. The back side is monstrous for sure, but does it worth the effort for Johnny and Spike?..
(2/3) Elegance - It's quite a texty land.

Development
(3/3) Viability - I don't see problems here.
(2,5/3) Balance - Close to being perfectly balanced. At least it requires investments to activate/trigger its abilities.

Creativity
(3/3) Uniqueness - Can't say it's not unique.
(2,5/3) Flavor - Shilgengar is known as a creator of vampires, but him turning vampires to demons is... unexpected, but not impossible.

Polish
(3/3) Quality - All good.
(2/2) Main Challenge (*) - Yes.
(1/2) Subchallenges - You made it a mythic though...

Total: 20,5/25
Scores
Show
Hide
Rithaniel 21,5 vs Venderex 20,5
Haywire 19 vs bravelion83 22
slimytrout 21,5 vs kwanyeegor-ii 20,5
Total scores, bold advance
Show
Hide
Rithaniel 43 vs Venderex 40
Haywire 38 vs bravelion83 44,5