Lightshield Question

Black_Dog
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Black_Dog » 8 months ago

Hi, question on this Invasion of Gobakhan // Lightshield Array. Someone told me that this would provide protection against a wipe. Is this true? Can you sacrifice this in response to a card played not on your turn?

Accepted Answer

by Venedrex » 8 months ago
Black_Dog wrote:
8 months ago
Hi, question on this Invasion of Gobakhan // Lightshield Array. Someone told me that this would provide protection against a wipe. Is this true? Can you sacrifice this in response to a card played not on your turn?
Yes, you can use Lightshields activated ability to protect your stuff by sacrificing it during another player's turn, and that is in fact the main purpose of the card.

Generally, as long as an ability doesn't say: Activate this ability only as a sorcery, it can be done at any time.
Go to full post

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 8 months ago

Black_Dog wrote:
8 months ago
Yes, you can use Lightshields activated ability to protect your stuff by sacrificing it during another player's turn, and that is in fact the main purpose of the card.

Generally, as long as an ability doesn't say: Activate this ability only as a sorcery, it can be done at any time.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Black_Dog
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Black_Dog » 8 months ago

Many thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”