Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

CCL August Top 7/Round 3

"A New Deal"

Beseech the Mirror, taken from MTG Rocks, by Cynthia Sheppard and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Groups and Batches Month here at the CCL, where we'll focus on sets of things in Magic that make a natural grouping as well as specific batching themes, which care about things being any one out of a set.

Challenge
Design a card with bargain.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Bargain is the keyword introduced in Wilds of Eldraine whose reminder text reads "You may sacrifice an artifact, enchantment, or token as you cast this spell." In other words, it can go on any card type except land.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Contestants:
@kwanyeegor-ii
@AnotherAlias
@slimytrout
@Henlock
@Caspernicus
@Komandon
@atlanticbomber
Your submissions are due Sunday, August 27th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (August 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (August 11th-18th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due August 21st)
  • Top 7 — Open to top 7 finishers (August 24th-27th)
  • Top 7 Critiques (Due August 29th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (August 30th-September 2nd)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due September 4th)
  • Final (September, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 9 months ago

Witch Sisters' Protector 1WUBRG
Creature - Avatar (Rare)
Flash
Bargain (You may sacrifice an artifact, enchantment, or token as you cast this spell.)
When Witch Sisters' Protector enters the battlefield, exile target spell or permanent an opponent controls. Then, if it was bargained and a spell was exiled this way, copy that spell and cast the copy without paying its mana cost. If it was bargained and a permanent was exiled this way, create a token that's a copy of that permanent.
6/5
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

One more ping for those contestants who haven't posted yet:

@AnotherAlias
@slimytrout
@Henlock
@Caspernicus
@Komandon
@atlanticbomber

I'll be extending by 24 hours, so you have until 23:59 Eastern tomorrow, August 28th, to enter. Please get your entries in ASAP!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 9 months ago

Look to the Stars
Instant (C)
Bargain
Put two +1/+1 counters on up to one target creature you control. If this spell was bargained, put three +1/+1 counters on that creature instead and it gains "This creature attacks each combat if able."
"Looking to the stars for guidance? That is acceptable. To seek them for power? A fate worse than death is all that awaits."
—Canta's scriptures

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 9 months ago

Small Request 1BB
Sorcery (R)
Bargain (You may sacrifice an artifact, enchantment, or token as you cast this spell.)
If this spell was bargained, target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn and target opponent loses 2 life.
Destroy all creatures with power 2 or less.

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 9 months ago

Hamper 1U
Instant (Uncommon)
Counter target nonland's activated or triggered ability.
If a permanent's ability was countered in this way and this spell was bargained, return that permanent to its owners hand. It may not be cast this turn.

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 9 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
you have until 23:59 Eastern tomorrow, August 28th, to enter.
I'm just going to assume it is time for critiques, correct me if I'm wrong. Well, "critiques."

kwanyeegor-ii - I like thief archetypes. Cool card. Seems like a very fun card.

slimytrout - Seems like a very fair card. I like that the name and ability fit, very flavorful. However, it just seems a bit weak.

Komandon - An interesting counter. Neat idea.

Top 3:
3rd: Komandon
2nd: slimytrout
1st: kwanyeegor-ii

Not, uh, not that many people, huh?

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

I'm actually going to give @Henlock, @Caspernicus, and @atlanticbomber one last ping - you have the rest of the day today but the closing of this round will be 23:59 Eastern today, August 30th, and no later unless I get a specific request for further extension. @AnotherAlias, if there are any other entries please update your critiques to include them. Otherwise, everyone who entered will move on to the top 4 round.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Alright, having not heard from the other three contestants, we'll just proceed to the top 4 round! Critiques are definitely appreciated if you participated this round, however. Look for the next round thread sometime tomorrow.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 9 months ago

I'm very sorry for missing the deadline. Had a very hectic week that's yet to end.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”