You know how the LotR decks were at a pretty suspect pricepoint...?

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 10 months ago

Hermes_ wrote:
10 months ago
3drinks wrote:
10 months ago
Went to my LGS last night for Modern FNM and saw;
  • Slivers @ $139
  • Eldrazi @ $169
  • Planeswalkers @ $79
  • Enchantments @ $89
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG
And to follow up. Folks, don't spend a hundred dollars on over priced shiny new cards when the product is 40% of that price point.
link? lol I got the Sliver deck (cost me 96 dollars after tax) and played it today right out of the book only adding three cards: Exploration, Amulet of Vigor and Land Tax. I had a good start but it fizzled after a board wipe. The other decks at the table were the PW and the Eldrazi all from the box untampered with.
I thought the pictures were obvious these are Magic Online's digital store, just like the price comparisons earlier in the thread for the previous set.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 10 months ago

Igzex wrote:
10 months ago
The Slivers one is like Draconic Domination and Heavenly Inferno all over again. Pay a ridiculous mark up for a deck that basically does absolutely nothing in a game right out of the box.
It's almost like playing a deck with 36 lands and 27 of them EBT is a bad idea. Who knew? Imagine someone buying these in a LGS for the $139 (mine) is selling this for. At least slivers is probably a decent shell of all the key slivers you'd want for someone that is starting the tribe fresh, and things like crystalline, hibernation, and synapse are ludicrously priced on the secondary market.

That Eldrazi deck has no business being that much though. It is not a good deck at all.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 10 months ago

3drinks wrote:
10 months ago
Hermes_ wrote:
10 months ago
3drinks wrote:
10 months ago
Went to my LGS last night for Modern FNM and saw;
  • Slivers @ $139
  • Eldrazi @ $169
  • Planeswalkers @ $79
  • Enchantments @ $89
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG
And to follow up. Folks, don't spend a hundred dollars on over priced shiny new cards when the product is 40% of that price point.
link? lol I got the Sliver deck (cost me 96 dollars after tax) and played it today right out of the book only adding three cards: Exploration, Amulet of Vigor and Land Tax. I had a good start but it fizzled after a board wipe. The other decks at the table were the PW and the Eldrazi all from the box untampered with.
I thought the pictures were obvious these are Magic Online's digital store, just like the price comparisons earlier in the thread for the previous set.
that would have required me to pay attention and I'm too poor to pay attention
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”