Copy and Cast triggers

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 10 months ago

I have Myra the Magnificent and I also have the mechanic Magecraft.
Magecraft says "Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell".
Myra the Magnificent has two lines;
Whenever you visit that attraction, copy the exiled card.
You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.

Does Magecraft get triggered twice? Once for the copy and another for the cast?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 10 months ago
No, magecraft abilities only get triggered once when you visit an Attraction that Myra has exiled a card with. You aren't copying an instant or sorcery spell for Myra's ability, just copying a card - something that isn't on the stack isn't a spell. Then you cast the copy, meaning your permanents' magecraft abilities trigger.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

No, magecraft abilities only get triggered once when you visit an Attraction that Myra has exiled a card with. You aren't copying an instant or sorcery spell for Myra's ability, just copying a card - something that isn't on the stack isn't a spell. Then you cast the copy, meaning your permanents' magecraft abilities trigger.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”