Custom Card Art

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 10 months ago

So, I have been messing around with making custom cards, and I had kind of a weird question? Is it an issue to use art from another TCG for my custom cards? I know custom cards don't really run into legal issues because they aren't for sale or anything, but it just felt strange to put another TCG's artwork into a custom magic card. Like cardception lol. But I assume it isn't an issue as long as the artist is credited? Right now I have a private card with it and it even has the copyright of the tcg in the art which is funny.

Just figured I'd ask the experts about something that I assume is just me being goofy.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

Given that those card arts are readily available online (with artist credits easily found!) and this is still a non-commercial usage, the staff has no issue with you doing this as long as you go through the same crediting and source linking process as any other art.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”