Esper Cloning?

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 11 months ago

I had a Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun deck focuses on cloning legends, especially the Kamigawa dragons, utilizing cards like Cackling Counterpart to abuse legend rules and death triggers. I'm wondering if there's a suitable Esper cloning commander out there so I could add in Hidetsugu and Kairi.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

Marneus Calgar would be the optimal WUB token commander.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 11 months ago

There are a lot of possible options. I'll call out Gyruda, Doom of Depths, Teysa Karlov, and Araumi of the Dead Tide as some nice additions to the 99.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 11 months ago

I use Halfdane on MTGO. There are also:
The Ever-Changing 'Dane or Soundwave, Sonic Spy may also meet your needs.
V/R

Treamayne

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 11 months ago

Mookie wrote:
11 months ago
Soundwave, Sonic Spy // Soundwave, Superior Captain works well with token clones and lets you flash them back for more clones
Could use some explanation on this one. I thought you can only flashback opponents' spells after you dealt combat damage to them?

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 11 months ago

Cyberium wrote:
11 months ago
Mookie wrote:
11 months ago
Soundwave, Sonic Spy // Soundwave, Superior Captain works well with token clones and lets you flash them back for more clones
Could use some explanation on this one. I thought you can only flashback opponents' spells after you dealt combat damage to them?
Nevermind, I missed that it only hits opponents' spells. That card has waaaay too much text on it. >_>

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 11 months ago

The Ur-Dragon to use just in the command zone, can play Esper as normal.

Aminatou, the Fateshifter can blink a single clone each time to target a new legendary creature for triggers. Glasspool Mimic being an example of not even needing to cast but playing as a land and then using Aminatou blink to copy a creature. You can afford to play less clone cards this way.
Goes nice with Hidetsugu and Kairi as well for additional etbs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”