[THB] PC Gamer Preview: Whirlwind Denial

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

pierreb
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Woah. Counters spells, PW abilities, fetch lands, ETB. And storm. (Just when storm became good to counter urza and titan in modern...)

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

I don't believe this that's almost flusterstorm

Evenstar

Post by Evenstar » 4 years ago

That's crazy good! Among other annoying things, it's perfectly on curve to counter a turn 4 Fabled Passage and screw the opponent mana/colors.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Whoa this is strong. There have been times where I've felt like Convolute isn't thaaaat far off playable in Standard, and this is that + it can counter a wide variety of triggers. Flavor text is on point too. Feels like a new Commander staple to me that has some real applications in Standard and Pioneer and may even make it in Modern (although as mentioned, in that and other older formats this does have to compete with Flusterstorm)

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

You want to cast Hydroid Krasis? Draw no cards, gain no life, and your creature is denied.

Shuts down the triggers for Brineborn Cutthroat and Edgewall Innkeeper in addition to countering the spell that set off the trigger unless your opponent pays 4 for each. It shuts down Lucky Clover's trigger and initial spell.

This isn't Flusterstorm, and that's a good thing, because it can stifle and hit any spell type. This is, effectively, Voidbreak.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Adding to the duel purpose single blue needing counterspells. This card should have an impact on multi-colored commander decks as a serious contender for inclusion.

Finally a way to deal with Eldrazi and their cast triggers in one go, like Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Oblivion Sower, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre.

Drusus

Post by Drusus » 4 years ago

This I can get behind. An actually good counterspell and its only uncommon to boot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”