[THB] Blue removal aura (everyeye.it)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/antepr ... 46717.html

"Image"

The "or enchantment" part is confusing. Is this meant to make auras fall off or something? Strange.

Oh yeah and the previously leaked Banishing Light reprint.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

"or Enchantment" is because it turns the permanent into an enchantment, so the enchant clause still needs to be legal.

I love it, I'm honestly surprised it took so long to get this type of effect, the less extreme form of Imprisoned In The Moon

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

How does this work with the Gods? Their ability doesn't explicitly state that they become a creature, it just ceases to prevent them from being one. So this Enchantment should overrule the Gods becoming creatures no matter the time stamp, right?

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Wait a second don't you guys recognize it

https://img.scryfall.com/cards/large/fr ... 1573926288
image.jpeg
I was right some of the cards from mystery booster test cards may become real deal someday in future sets

Ok Recycla-bird that's probably gonna get a Real deal in Ikoria and probably how the keyword counters work on the set

Anyway back on topic this is nice to turn off creature I wish it just turned it into a vanilla enchantment

WizardMN
Answers: 132

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Arkmer wrote:
4 years ago
How does this work with the Gods? Their ability doesn't explicitly state that they become a creature, it just ceases to prevent them from being one. So this Enchantment should overrule the Gods becoming creatures no matter the time stamp, right?
The wording on the gods and the wording on this are basically the same. They both turn the object into "not a creature". There isn't any significant interaction since they are both doing the same thing. It is just that this card doesn't have any conditions on it so it will always turn it into "not a creature" regardless of Devotion.

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

JovialJovian wrote:
4 years ago
"or Enchantment" is because it turns the permanent into an enchantment, so the enchant clause still needs to be legal.
I mean they could have gone with an Animate Dead-style wording, but I think we can all agree that that would have been too wordy.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
Wait a second don't you guys recognize it

https://img.scryfall.com/cards/large/fr ... image.jpeg

I was right some of the cards from mystery booster test cards may become real deal someday in future sets

Ok Recycla-bird that's probably gonna get a Real deal in Ikoria and probably how the keyword counters work on the set
That's big news and really nice to know. : )

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Rather than a "removal" enchantment, this is way more like a "protection" enchantment that you'd play on your own stuff. Enchantments are typically the hardest of permanents to remove, with creatures being the easiest.

So making your Commander (for example) a non-creature will be great against heavy removal, perhaps including your own mass creature wipes.

Can somebody clarify rules, if you can or cannot use Simic Guildmage or Glamer Spinners to move this Aura onto a non-creature, non-enchantment permanents? [mention]WizardMN[/mention] if you're about you'll know :)
If this is the case, what would happen if a planeswalker got enchanted? It still has the abilities, but I'm guessing that it needs to be a planeswalker to know how to use the abilities anyway?

WizardMN
Answers: 132

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
Can somebody clarify rules, if you can or cannot use Simic Guildmage or Glamer Spinners to move this Aura onto a non-creature, non-enchantment permanents? WizardMN if you're about you'll know :)
If this is the case, what would happen if a planeswalker got enchanted? It still has the abilities, but I'm guessing that it needs to be a planeswalker to know how to use the abilities anyway?
Nope. Those cards still require that the aura be enchanting a legal object *before* they are on said object. If it isn't already a creature or enchantment, and you try to move this onto it, it just won't move.

Interestingly, using one of the Gideons as an example, your other scenario can happen. In that case, Gideon stops being a Planeswalker and the aura makes it an enchantment so it will remain on it. Since none of the abilities are removed, it can still use its loyalty abilities. But, it can't be attacked anymore and it won't lose loyalty counters from taking damage if it somehow takes damage. It also won't go away when the counters go to 0.

It actually isn't that much different than the Planeswalker turning into a creature from Sarkhan except this is a bit more permanent. And more than just Planeswalkers can use Loyalty abilities. Just ask Experiment Kraj :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”