spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Isolde, Odric's Prodigy 2WW
Creature — Human Soldier (R)
First strike, hexproof from black
No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.
"Fence them in, and let's show them what we're made of!"
3/3

IIW: Two-colored devotion
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Pronoun: he / him

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Soulblade Paladin 1W
Creature — Human Knight (R)
Treat ~ as if it was equipped by artifacts equipped by other creatures you control.
3W: Return target Equipment card from your graveyard to the battlefield, attached to a creature you control. Exile it at the beginning of the end step.
2/2

IIW: A world in a card.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Knight of Recompense 1WW
Creature - Avatar Knight (R)
Protection from black
Whenever Knight of Recompense deals combat damage to a player, you gain 3 life if they have more life than you, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying if they control more creatures than you, create a Treasure token if they control more lands than you, and draw a card if they have more cards in hand than you.
2/2

IIW: Support some kind of aggro-control archetype
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Angel of Psalms 5W
Creature - Angel (R)
Flying
At the behinning of your upkeep, choose one that hasnt been chosen:
-Create three 1/1 white Soldier tokens with lifelink.
-Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
-Exile up to three target cards from a single graveyard.
4/4

IiW
Walls with power and impact

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

wonderful - I like this! Flexible, and both modes are decidedly in-flavor and things I'd be excited to do at instant speed.
Subject16 - While Blinking Spirit does exist, the text on this card doesn't feel particularly white to me. I'm also somewhat unexcited about this triggering on your opponents' creatures in a way that gives it pseudo-vigilance that oddly feels out-of-color. White gets flickering for sure, but forced and self-triggering flickering feels slightly off to me.
melliflouresce - Neat! I like that it's a symmetrical effect, which allows you to push the rest of the stats on the card. This would have been a contender for the winner if not for the atrocious IIW.
void_nothing - Constant fogging on a 5/5 feels pretty annoying to face off. Your opponent basically can't attack with non-fliers ever, so this feels like a horribly extreme turtling card. If it only applied to creatures when attacking, I think it would be fine (if way less exciting).
spacemonaut - Crawlspace on a creature is sort of neat. I'd probably ditch the first strike for vigilance while smoothing this card out, since it eats creatures a bit too easily while also limiting your opponent's attack options, but otherwise I really like it.
avatarz - I'm not sure how to properly word this guy's first ability, but I get the gist of it, and that's not a strike against this card given how unique the ability is. I like what it's got going on, and I appreciate that the second ability is a one-turn effect!
void_nothing again - This guy has a lot of text, but it's all above board. What you get out of the trigger is sort-of Timely Reinforcements on steroids, but my only actual gripe is given how extreme this is against black, I'd consider dropping the keyword to hexproof from black.
ForestsCarl - Pretty cool! I'd probably change the artifact/enchantment destruction to "up to one" or "you may" so that you don't find yourself in the awkward position where you're forced to destroy your own permanent because you've run out of options, but it's a cool modal card.

HMs: melliflouresce, avatarz, ForestsCarl
Winner: wonderful

Next: A gold creature involving tokens
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

How long can the good challenge streak even continue

I'll probably have something for this later
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Essence Painter GWU
Creature — Elf Shaman (R)
If one or more creature tokens would enter the battlefield under your control, you may have them enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except Essence Painter.
1GWU: Create a 3/3 Reflection creature token that's all colors.
3/3

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Queen Kaalia 5RWB
Legendary Creature - Human Warlock[R]
Flying
When Queen Kaalia enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying, a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying and a 6/6 Dragon creature token with flying.
Whenever an Angel, Demon or Dragon you control dies, destroy one target permanent, except creatures with flying.
2/2

IIW
A sorcery with cmc 3
2W or 2U or 2B or 2R or 2g

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Brudiclad's Prototype 1UR
Artifact Creature - Myr (R)
Flying, first strike, prowess
Whenever Brudiclad's Prototype deals combat damage to a player, create a token that's a copy of it.
1/1

IIW: Fun with modal

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Altar of The Sunken Trove 3ub
Legendary Artifact (R)
At the beginning of your end step create a Treasure token (It's an artifact with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")
Sacrifice another nontoken creature: Treasure tokens you control become artifact creatures with base power and toughness 4/4 until end of turn.

Oh wait, you said creature. Disregard that entry.

Dockyard Looter 1ub
Creature - Human Rogue (U)
t, Discard a card: Investigate two times. (To investigate, create a colorless Clue artifact token with "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
1/3

IIW: Colored mana symbols and Vehicles

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Will judge in the morning. Looking for a few more entries

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Master of Confusion 3ur
Creature — Human Wizard (R)
Master of Confusion can't be blocked unless all attacking creatures named Master of Confusion are blocked.
Whenever Master of Confusion attacks, create a token that's a copy of it that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of turn.
4/4

IIW: Clever downsides
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Animated Hoard WU
Artifact Creature - Gold (R)
Animated Hoard enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for each noncreature artifact you control.
1, Sacrifice a Treasure, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Animated Hoard: Draw a card
0/0

IIW: World champions

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Street Fair Vendor 2GU
Creature - Elf Citizen (U)
When Street Fair Vendor enters the battlefield, create a Food token and a Treasure token.
1, Sacrifice a Food: Create a Treasure token.
1, Sacrifice a Treasure: Create a Food token.
2/3

IIW: Tasty treats
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Splinter Paladin 1RW
Creature — Rhino Knight (MR)
Whenever Splinter Paladin attacks, create a token that's a copy of it tapped and attacking defending player. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Whenever Splinter Paladin blocks one or more creatures, create a token that's a copy of it blocking one of those creatures. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
2/2

(Mythic rare because actually this card's kinda complex.)

IIW: Two-color devotion

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

Mirrorwisp Conjurer
2WU
Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever Mirrorwisp Conjurer attacks, create token that's a copy of another target creature you control and that's tapped and attacking, except it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

2/3

IIW: +1/+1 counter keywords
formerly willows

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Judge?

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Wow, morning came really late today. Weird. I swear the sun is just rising rn.
4 years ago
Essence Painter GWU
Creature — Elf Shaman (R)
If one or more creature tokens would enter the battlefield under your control, you may have them enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except Essence Painter.
1GWU: Create a 3/3 Reflection creature token that's all colors.
3/3

I like the first ability. The second ability feels undercosted, especially on a 3/3 for 3 already.
ForestsCarl wrote:
4 years ago
Queen Kaalia 5RWB
Legendary Creature - Human Warlock[R]
Flying
When Queen Kaalia enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying, a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying and a 6/6 Dragon creature token with flying.
Whenever an Angel, Demon or Dragon you control dies, destroy one target permanent, except creatures with flying.
2/2

IIW
A sorcery with cmc 3
2W or 2U or 2B or 2R or 2g
Holy crap that's a ton of power. The last ability is gravy and ridiculously thick gravy at that. I know it's 8 mana, but I think we've still got limits on power level at 8.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Brudiclad's Prototype 1UR
Artifact Creature - Myr (R)
Flying, first strike, prowess
Whenever Brudiclad's Prototype deals combat damage to a player, create a token that's a copy of it.
1/1

IIW: Fun with modal
This is cute. I like the power level of this too. Nice.
TacticalCelebrant wrote:
4 years ago
Dockyard Looter 1ub
Creature - Human Rogue (U)
t, Discard a card: Investigate two times. (To investigate, create a colorless Clue artifact token with "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
1/3

IIW: Colored mana symbols and Vehicles
Hmm. I'm not sure entirely how to evaluate this. An interesting take on the ol' Merfolk Looter. I think this is quaint.
Flatline wrote:
4 years ago
Master of Confusion 3ur
Creature — Human Wizard (R)
Master of Confusion can't be blocked unless all attacking creatures named Master of Confusion are blocked.
Whenever Master of Confusion attacks, create a token that's a copy of it that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of turn.
4/4

IIW: Clever downsides
This isn't a combination of abilities that I'd usually expect in blue, but you make it work. I enjoy this. Clever little design.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
Animated Hoard WU
Artifact Creature - Gold (R)
Animated Hoard enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for each noncreature artifact you control.
1, Sacrifice a Treasure, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Animated Hoard: Draw a card
0/0

IIW: World champions
First thought is how busted this could be in older formats. I understand why this is creature type Gold instead of Treasure, but the disconnect there still feels weird.
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Street Fair Vendor 2GU
Creature - Elf Citizen (U)
When Street Fair Vendor enters the battlefield, create a Food token and a Treasure token.
1, Sacrifice a Food: Create a Treasure token.
1, Sacrifice a Treasure: Create a Food token.
2/3

IIW: Tasty treats
lol. This is the definition of cute. Great flavor ofc.
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Splinter Paladin 1RW
Creature — Rhino Knight (MR)
Whenever Splinter Paladin attacks, create a token that's a copy of it tapped and attacking defending player. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Whenever Splinter Paladin blocks one or more creatures, create a token that's a copy of it blocking one of those creatures. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
2/2

(Mythic rare because actually this card's kinda complex.)

IIW: Two-color devotion
RHINO KNIGHT. I've always loved Mirror-Sigil Sergeant and this certainly reminds me of it. I like this. I feel like the stats could be better, or you could even give this haste as a mythic, given wizards' tendency to push things lately, and I don't think it'd come close to breaking anything.
barbecube wrote:
4 years ago
Mirrorwisp Conjurer
2WU
Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever Mirrorwisp Conjurer attacks, create token that's a copy of another target creature you control and that's tapped and attacking, except it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

2/3

IIW: +1/+1 counter keywords
This feels like a real card that is decent generic set filler that would see okay play in limited. I'd like to see it say "and is a Reflection in addition to its other types." just for flavor purposes.

HM: spacemonaut for the cool Rhino

Winner: void_nothing

Next up: Fun with modal

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Heyo thanks for the win, Cythare def should have won though lmao

Judgment tomorrow if you all (or 5 or more of you) get your entries in!

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Selesnya Borderwarden 2gw
Creature - Loxodon Soldier (U)
Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, Selesnya Borderwarden enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Adamant - If at least three white mana was spent to cast this spell, create a 3/3 green Centaur creature token.
3/3

IIW: Colored mana symbols and vehicles.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Feud of Justice 3WW
Art: Boros and Azorius representatives clashing in a heated argument.
Enchantment (R)
As Feud of Order enters the battlefield, choose Law or Battle.
• Law — At the beginning of combat on your turn, detain up to two target creatures an opponent controls. (Until your next turn, those permanents can't attack or block and their activated abilities can't be activated.)
• Battle — At the beginning of combat on your turn, create two 2/2 white Soldier creature tokens.
"We agree on keeping peace in Ravnica, but we disagree on how justice is meted out."

IIW: Vehicles that aren't cars, large ships, or airships.
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Marwyn, Mother to Elves 2GG
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid (Rare)
As Marwyn, Mother to elves enters the battlefield, choose Nature or Nurture.
Nature - Whenever you tap a land for mana, add G. Spend this mana only to cast creature or Planeswalker spells
Nurture - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 green elf druid creature token with "T: add G"
2/3
Linden, Queen of the Realm 2WW
Legendary Creature - Human Noble
As Linden, Queen of the Realm enters the battlefield, choose Enact or Enlist.
Enact - At the beginning of combat on your turn, creatures you control get first strike if a creature you control has first strike. The same is true of lifelink, vigilance, flying, double strike, and trample.
Enlist - Whenever you attack, create a 1/1 white soldier creature token tapped and attacking. If you attacked with four or more creatures, create 2 1/1 white soldier creature tokens tapped and attacking instead.
3/2
Talrand, Caller of the Sky 2UU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard
As Talrand, Caller of the Sky enters the battlefield, choose Ascend or Ascribe
Ascend - At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 2/2 blue drake creature token with haste if you cast an instant or sorcery spell this turn.
Ascribe - At the beginning of your upkeep, return target instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard to your hand with converted mana cost less or equal to than the number of creatures with flying you control.
1/4
Yahenni, Icon of Revolution 2BB
Legendary Creature - Aetherborn Vampire
As Yahenni, icon of revolution enters the battlefield, choose Display or Decay
Display - Whenever a creature you control dies, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life and draw a card.
Decay - Whenever a creature you don't control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control. That creature gains lifelink until end of turn.
2/3
Lannery, Storm of the Seas 2RR
Legendary Creature - Human Pirate
As Lannery, storm of the seas enters the battlefield, choose Ravage or Ransack
Ravage - If a source you control would deal damage to an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls, it deals that much damage plus 1 instead.
Ransack - Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card and create a treasure token (reminder text about treasure tokens here.)
3/2
Here's a group of modal legends from Core Set XX, enjoy.
IIW: Uncommon Walkers from War of the Spark upshifted to rare.
Last edited by chetoos 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

New Prahv Skyscribe
1WU
Creature — Vedalken Advisor
Flying
Plains territory — As long as you control at least three Plains, New Prahv Skyscribe has first strike.
Island territory — As long as you control at least three Islands, New Prahv Skyscribe has hexproof.

2/2

IIW: New uncommons from your favorite set
formerly willows

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Game of Chance 2R
Sorcery (Rare)
Starting with the player to your left, they choose one for each card in their hand — They may choose the same mode more than once.
• Flip a coin. If you win, create a Treasure token. Otherwise, discard a card.
• Flip a coin. If you win, draw a card. Otherwise, discard a card.
"All bets are on."

IIW: Instants or sorceries with creature based mechanics

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Limitless Blaze XRRRR
Sorcery (M)
Choose X. You may choose the same mode more than once.
• Limitless Blaze deals 2 damage to any target.
• Exile the top card of your library, You may cast that card until the end of your next turn.
• Create a red Elemental creature token with base power and toughness equal to the damage dealt to opponents this turn.

IIW: Choose a Ravnica guild. If that guild's leader was a planeswalker in Guilds/Allegiance, make a legendary creature to replace them. If it was a creature, make a planeswalker instead.
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”