NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

"24 hour round whether anyone likes it or not" is a gutsy move but very Club Flamingo

Also who is "everyone", is that CF regulars, the userbase, or the whole world
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
"24 hour round whether anyone likes it or not" is a gutsy move but very Club Flamingo

Also who is "everyone", is that CF regulars, the userbase, or the whole world
Not knowing about the existence of Club Flamingo isn't an excuse for not submitting an entry to Club Flamingo.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Robe of Convergence GW
Artifact (R)
Whenever you draw a card, reveal it.
Whenever you reveal a creature card, target creature you control that shares a color with that card gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Whenever you reveal a land card, untap target land you control that shares a land type with that land.

IIW: Alternate universe stuff
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Teller's Alms 1WB
Artifact (Rare)
T: Target opponent creates a Treasure token. (It's an artifact with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.)
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a Treasure, that player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life unless they pay 1. If they do, create a treasure token.
Orzhov coins are specially minted to find their way back into the Church's hands.

IIW: A card that would win internet points

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Cythare (Legion War Tank) — Lovely war tank. I love the battlecry and the flicker. It's a little cheaty, but it's a good amount of cheaty. The flickered creatures can get the battlecry bonus if you order the triggers correctly, which is good.

ForestsCarl (Bladehoop of Fugue) — Very on-color for Rakdos, and some shiny anti-planeswalker control.

chetoos (Adaptation Chamber) — Unclear if I choose once for each or once for all of them, somehow feels like it should be costlier. Good concept.

barbecube (Interrogation Well) — That's some absolutely delicious flavour and a great control effect.

void_nothing (Robe of Convergence) — I see what you did there. Nice function! It wants you to play mostly creatures and lands despite not being one itself, and that's OK.

Subject16 (Teller's Alms) — Interesting rhystic bribery. I feel like it could fall a little flat, since my correct move might be to do nothing with those treasures until either the lifedrain won't matter or until I find some spot removal.

winner: barbecube
HM Cythare.
Honestly you both won but I can only pick one, and it came down to which IIW I wanted to see next the most.

Great job everyone.

Next up: enchantments matter

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Looks like we all got hit by the busy weekend stick. Happy Diwali, folks!

Starfallen Goliath 3RG
Enchantment Creature — Giant
Trample
Constellation — Whenever Starfallen Goliath or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, Starfallen Goliath gets +2/+2 until end of turn, then it fights up to one target creature you don't control.
4/4

IIW: Two-color devotion
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Subject16

Denouncer of the Gods 2WW
Creature - Cat Cleric (Rare)
Lifelink
Whenever you gain life, you may return target enchantment card with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to your hand, where X is the amount of life you gained this way.
2, Sacrifice an enchantment: Denouncer of the Gods gets +1/+1 and gains indestructible until end of turn.
"I will not falter to those who presume themselves my betters."
2/3

IIW: Hydras with another creature type.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Ancestral Enchantress GW
Creature - Human Druid (R)
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, create a 1/1 white Spirit token with flying.
If an Aura spell you control would be countered, you may put it onto the battlefield attached to a creature you control instead.
1/1

IIW: 15CMC
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Fractal Enchanting 2WU
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant enchantment you control
The "legend rule" doesn't apply to enchantments you control.
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, create a token that's a copy of enchanted enchantment.
A great light poured from the Palace of Mandra in a widening arc.

IIW: Cards that change their own colors

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Might be time to judge this one

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

I'll judge in a couple of hours
formerly willows

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Growth From the Unreal 2g
Enchantment (R)
Enchantments you control have "t: Add G"

IIW: Top down design of an object you can see.

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

I was hoping for some new mechanics, but I didn't specify, so that's on me.

spacemonaut: Starfallen Goliath is a pretty nice, straightforward Constellation design. I like Constellation being pulled into red a little more.
Subject16: Denouncer of the Gods feels more complex than it needs to be, somehow, and I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the flavor here; in THS I think the gods-enchantments association is strong enough that an enchantment regrower needs to be on their side instead of against it.
mellifluorescence: Ancestral Enchantress is an interesting answer to Aura card disadvantage. I kind of wish it were blue instead of green, but I think in the end you made the right choice here.
void_nothing: Fractal Enchanting, I think this could cost less! I'm trying to find the broken combo here and I'm not seeing it, but I suspect it does exist?
TacticalCelebrant: Growth From the Unreal makes me the happiest because tapping enchantments.

Winner: TacticalCelebrant!

New challenge:
Top-down design of an object you can see.
formerly willows

Subject16

Scholar's Cookbook 2B
Artifact — Equipment (Uncommon)
Equipped creature has "T: Create a Food token." (Its an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life."
Equip 2

Iiw: Bird tribal

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Bobble-Head Jace 2U
Legendary Artifact (R)
t: Scry 2.
Whenever one or more creatures attack a planeswalker you control, you may sacrifice Bobble-Head Jace. If you do, remove all creatures attacking planeswalkers you control from combat. (They don't untap.)

IIW: A rare monowhite creature (not mythic rare).
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Energizing Curry 1
Artifact — Food
3, T, Sacrifice Red-Hot Curry: You gain 3 life.
1RW, T, Sacrifice Red-Hot Curry: Creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain first strike until end of turn.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

My Jeans URW
Artifact (R)
Equipped creature has "T: Create a 1/1 white Human Child creature token.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, equipped creature deals 1 damage to each creature.
Equip 2
As worn by Jenna Rose

IIW: verse counters
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

TacticalCelebrant

Judging in a few hours.

TacticalCelebrant

Welcome, and thank you for choosing Nexus Escape Rooms. This room is based on the world famous Flamingo Club. As you know, the club's founder was very mysterious, and known for their love of puzzles. Rumor has it, they hid a vast treasure somewhere in this club. When the timer starts, you may start looking through the room to find clues to solve the puzzles and find Meggido's Fortune! Just a few rules before we begin. You have 1 hour to solve the puzzles. The timer will be displayed on this monitor. You may leave at any time, but if time you spend outside the room will not be added to the timer. You do not need to break or remove anything to solve the puzzles. Any questions? No? Okay. The timer will start in one minute. Good luck and have fun!

Oh, hey guys, I think I found a clue. It looks like this book has a few pages where someone took a marker and blacked out all the letters except for one. Has anyone found a padlock with a letter entry code yet?
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Scholar's Cookbook 2B
Artifact — Equipment (Uncommon)
Equipped creature has "T: Create a Food token." (Its an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life."
Equip 2

Iiw: Bird tribal
(This looks like a fairly decent card. I haven't played too much with Food tokens yet, so I don't know the balance of them too well, but this doesn't look like it has any problems. I like the flavor of a cookbook that makes food tokens. I don't see any reason this needs black mana. It could totally be a colorless artifact, in my opinion.)

Hmm. This bobblehead dosen't bobble. It looks like there's something stuck in there. Hold on. let me see if I can fish it out. Ah, got it. It looks like a battery? Huh. Well, let's keep an eye out for anything that needs a battery.
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Bobble-Head Jace 2U
Legendary Artifact (R)
t: Scry 2.
Whenever one or more creatures attack a planeswalker you control, you may sacrifice Bobble-Head Jace. If you do, remove all creatures attacking planeswalkers you control from combat. (They don't untap.)

(Huh, some sort of Crystal Ball with some sort of blue planeswalker only Fog attached? It's neat. Though, I'm not sure how a bobblehead fogs. Also, I could see this getting very annoying in certain control decks.)

Check it out, these curry jars on the spice rack are empty, and there are numbers on the bottom. I think that keypad lock on the trunk said something about spicy. Let's arrange these in order of spiciness and see if that's the combination.
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Energizing Curry 1
Artifact — Food
3, T, Sacrifice Red-Hot Curry: You gain 3 life.
1RW, T, Sacrifice Red-Hot Curry: Creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain first strike until end of turn.
(Heh, this reminds me of that hot curry item you can get in super smash bros. Not super exciting mechanically, but very solid top down design. But please remember to include your IIW.)

Guys, the letter combination worked! I've got the closet open. There's a bunch of jeans in here. I'm gonna go through the pockets. Aha! I found another battery. It must be the other battery we need for the garage door opener we found.
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
My Jeans URW
Artifact (R)
Equipped creature has "T: Create a 1/1 white Human Child creature token.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, equipped creature deals 1 damage to each creature.
Equip 2
As worn by Jenna Rose

IIW: verse counters
(So it looks like the token you get from the tap ability dies right away from the triggered ability, so it really kinda translates to "t: deal 1 damage to each creature." Not that that's a bad thing. I personally really like creating creature tokens whose purpose is to trigger other abilities. The static ability is also pretty neat. There's certainly potential to build around this card. I do not get the reference that this is making. I googled Jenna Rose, and it looks like a High School Musical thing. I don't have enough time to look any further.)

Congratulations! Looks like you solved the escape room in just under an hour! No, you don't get to keep the treasure, but as I'm sure you've learned, the real treasure is the friendship you made along the way. Also the "Legend of Megiddo's Treasure" T-shirts you can purchase in the lobby. Thank you for playing and make sure to come back soon. Here is your prize:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
(Winner: mellifluoresce)
(Next: verse counters)

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Siren of the Loch UB
Creature - Siren (U)
As long as Siren of the Loch has three or more verse counters, creatures your opponents control attack you each turn if able.
T: Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn. Then put a verse counter on Siren of the Loch.
1/3

iiw: a card you would play in a deck with Dark Ritual

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

And the pendulum swings back to good challenges again :trolo:

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Bard of the Crescendo 1R
Creature — Viashino Rogue
Haste
R, T, Put a verse counter on Bard of the Crescendo: Target creature gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of verse counters on Bard of the Crescendo.
1/2

Or, maybe this calls for ...

Bard of the Crescendo 2R
Creature — Viashino Rogue
Haste
Whenever Bard of the Crescendo attacks, put a verse counter on it.
R, Q: Target creature gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of verse counters on Bard of the Crescendo.
2/2

IIW: Nonwhite angels
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Stele of Phyrexia 1B
Artifact (U)
Whenever a player sacrifices a creature, put a verse counter on ~.
T: Add B to your mana pool.
T, Sacrifice ~: Return target creature card with converted mana cost less or equal the number of verse counters on ~ from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.

IIW: A world in a card

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Dirge of Erebos 2BB
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, put a verse counter on Dirge of Erebos, then you may return a creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with converted mana cost equal to the number of verse counters on Dirge of Erebos. It gains haste. If Dirge of Erebos has eight or more verse counters on it, sacrifice it and return all creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield. Those creatures gain haste.

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Subject16

Goblin Expressionists 1RR
Creature - Goblin Artist (U)
At the beginning your combat on your opponents turn, you may pay R. When you do, put a verse counter on Goblin Expressionists and creatures that player controls with power less than the number of verse counters on Goblin Expressionists attack this turn if able.
"They say they're ahead of their time. I say they're in over their heads."
—Starrl, Tavern Master

2/2

IIW: Hybrid Hydras
Last edited by Subject16 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”