wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

battle rules
Show
Hide
Battles exist in the command zone.

Battles are two-sided cards.

Battles begin under no player's control on the Contested Battle side.

Players can attack contested battles with creatures during their turn and their opponents can block those attackers with creatures.

As a creature deals combat damage to a battle, it enters that battle and can't attack or block until it leaves the battle.

If at any point a player controls creatures entered into a contested battle whose total combined power exceeds both the challenge level of that battle and the total combined power of creatures each other player has entered into that battle, that player gains control of that battle and turns it onto the Concluded Battle side.
Iona, Shield of Zendikar
Legendary Creature - Angel (M)
Flying
When Iona, Shield of Zendikar enters the battlefield, choose a color and begin the Battle for Zendikar. (Put a battle card you own named Battle for Zendikar into the command zone from outside the game.)
Creatures of the chosen color your opponents control can't enter battles.
7/7

Battle for Zendikar
Contested Battle (R)
When this battle concludes, destroy all nonlegendary creatures that didn't enter into this battle.
[Challenge Level 7]
//
Battle for Zendikar: The Aftermath
Concluded Battle (R)
Creatures you control get +2/+2.
extra battle thoughts
Show
Hide
JumpStart obviously took inspiration from the boardgame SmashUp, and i suspect that the new Battle card type that's coming could be like the Bases in that game

the logo and vibe of March of the Machine also feels like that game. mashing characters together, mashing worlds together. also echoes of Shards of Alara and the Conflux here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Just popping in to say I'm surprised at how close you got, with battles being attackable, a "health meter", and (the currently existing battles anyhow) being double-faced.

In fact, maybe there's some room for cards that put special battles onto the battlefield from outside the game even with the revelation of how the card type actually works.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”