Volo, Journaling on a Trapeze

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

I avoid extra turn spells on principle, but agree they'd be powerful.

Seize the Day is single target, but I get two hits. I think I'll test it out as though it were also Relentless Assault and see which one would play better. Edit: that one has the "that attacked this turn" clause which is not great for Volo.

There's definitely a much stronger version of this build possible — but if anything, I think I need to tone this one down a bit from the fast mana / dockside shenanigans perspective. I love what this deck does, but I don't think it needs to happen as fast as it does.

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

The only one that matters with Seize the Day is VOLO! :P Whatever is in your hand can be hasted ;)

Chromaticus

Ohhhhh. Right- the extra main phase gives you time to recast!

Chromaticus

Only stand-out from the set is Orthion, Hero of Lavabrink — since we already play so many haste enablers. He does a solid Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker impression, and then has the ability to go nuts as a finisher - 5 Inferno Titans for the win!

Chromaticus

Uncivil Unrest has some potential here as well - so far in my test games, I have not been running into multiple copies of haste. This one is nice in that, if it is a redundant copy, it can turn into a damage doubler.

Chromaticus

Did some goldfishing with Orthion, Hero of Lavabrink - it's a beautiful wombo-combo with Mana Geyser and a haste enabler. Liked what I saw from it. In a deck with clones, it also has the idea of - rite of replication on your clone getting 3 dockside's, itself, Volo and going to the moon.

Chromaticus

Hall of the Bandit Lord is coming in, as it gives native haste, for a mana cheaper than comparable Hanweir Garrison and Flamekin Village.

If I take this to the local meta, I'm going to have to gimp it a bit. Probably remove rift and the free interaction.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”