Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Gotta do a quick one:
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Kebab Slinger 2R
Creature - Devil (U)
Whenever a Food enters the battlefield under your control, Kebab Slinger deals 2 damage to each opponent.
B, T, Sacrifice another creature: Create a Food token.
The way the Rakdos chef-devils handle their blades and toss around blazing-hot meat can be thought of as "dinner and a show".
2/2

IIW: Mirror, mirror
Butcher and cook in one, I believe. As with the Golgari, best not to ask what the meat is. Also important not to get too close, lest you become part of the meal. I appreciate the black Food ability.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Rakdos Smith 1R
Creature- Human Artificer (U)
When a creature dies for the first time in a turn, create a colorless Artifact Equiment token named "Spike" with "Equipped creature gets +1/-1" and "Equip 1".
Amazing how many spikes and chains the Rakdos need.
1/2

IIW: Jank rares and mythics
True, the guys in the regular foundries might balk at making such implements, but these guys make you anything, no questions asked. We might need a different name for the token, though; Spike is a creature type, and there's enough about Power-Plants and just regular Plants.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Runaway Fireworks Wagon 1R
Artifact - Vehicle (C)
Haste, trample
When Runaway Fireworks Wagon leaves the battlefield, it deals 4 damage to each creature that blocked it, was blocked by it, or crewed it this turn. Then each player scries 3.
Crew 2
4/1

IIW: stonks
Although I like what this does, this seems more like something commandeered by the Rakdos, rather than something that belongs to them, unless the driver is in fact a former cultist prone to sudden "relapses".
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Blowup Artist 2BR
Creature — Human Rogue {R}
When Blowup Artist enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 red Devil creature token with "When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to any target."
1BR, Sacrifice three creatures: Blowup Artist deals 3 damage to any target. If you sacrificed Blowup Artist this way, draw three cards.
"Hey, we saw you from across the carnarium and really dig your vibe. Can we buy you a drink?"
3/3

IIW: marvel snap. I know you're playing it.
I don't know what Marvel Snap is.

Anyway, I like the going rate for this, especially with how it interacts with the token, good call on the rarity. Very useful Rakdos critter.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Sex Therapist 1RB
Creature - Demon Advisor (U)
Other creature you control have Unleash.
Whenever Sex Therapist deals combat damage to an opponent, that player discards a card.
"Let go of your reservations, hesitations, and frustrations. Communicate with your partner around your desires and enjoy the moments of freedom that come from that."
1/2

IIW: Fun uses of Prowl
Umm, are we allowed to use that word on the forums?

Also, am I imagining things, or was this previously a Devil prior to some stealth edit? Something this small seems better suited to be a Devil.

Anyway, interesting card, notable for showing the Rakdos actually contributing to society.

Results:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Third: Ulka
Second: void_nothing

Winner: Megiddo
NEXT:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Marvel Snap
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Nightcrawler B
Legendary Creature - Mutant Rogue (R)
Nightcrawler enters the battlefield with an X-gene counter on it.
Remove an X-gene counter from Nightcrawler: You may have Nightcrawler phase out. Otherwise, if it's blocked, it becomes unblocked.
2/1

Quicksilver
Legendary Creature - Mutant (R)
This card starts the game outside your deck. After you keep your starting hand, put a random card from it on the bottom of your library, and this card in your hand.
2/1

IIW: above water

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

I also don't know what that is. I'm thinking Pokemon snap, but Marvel.... so you play as paparazzi for superheroes? We'll go for that. Who needs google when you can leap to conclusions?

Pictures of Spiderman 1
Artifact- Treasure Clue (U)
Pictures of Spiderman enters the battlefield tapped.
T, Sacrifice Pictures of Spiderman: Add one mana of any color.
2,T, Sacrifice Pictures of Spiderman: Draw a card.
"Here's your headline: 'The Menace Returns'."

Uncover the Identity 1U
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top card of each player's library. You may have any number of target players mill 1. Draw a card.
"Mr. Murdock, I'm in possession of some fascinating information regarding your nighttime activities. Interested?"

IIW: Sagas
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
I'm thinking Pokemon snap, but Marvel.... so you play as paparazzi for superheroes?
This would be a great idea but it's actually a casual mobile card game
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Umm, are we allowed to use that word on the forums?
And sure, as long as we're discussing it maturely and respectfully... like the Rakdos apparently do.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
I'm thinking Pokemon snap, but Marvel.... so you play as paparazzi for superheroes?
This would be a great idea but it's actually a casual mobile card game
i'll accept any interpretation of the prompt.
MEG

Juancu

Shadowcat 1
This ignores "can't play" and destroy effects.
Power : 2

Hank Pym 0.5
(You keep fractional energy between turns.)
Power: 2

Avalanche 5
Average your power at each location
Power: 9

Human Cannonball 3
Play this over any zone. If it lands on a card, destroy it.
Power: 3

Rules: Human Cannoball is not played on a slot, rather, to a general location at either side. A glowing target appears over those 4 slots. After cards are revealed, the glowing target zooms into a random slot in that location. Human Cannonball arrives at that slot. If occupied, it destroys the card there, then occupies that slot if able.
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Post by avatarz » 1 year ago

Gacha-Tron
Artifact Creature – Construct (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile the top card of target player's library.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, put all cards exiled with it into their owner's hands.
~ gets +1/+1 for each card you own in exile.
0/1

IIW: Chaotic wincons

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Thanos, the Mad Titan 2WUBRG
Legendary Creature — Giant Warrior (M)
Megacompanion—Shuffle Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Sapphire, Mox Ruby, and Sol Ring into your starting deck. (You may cast this card once from outside the game. You can't have any other cards in your sideboard.)
Haste
Whenever you cast a spell with a name originally printed in the Limited Edition Alpha set, if Thanos, the Mad Titan is in your sideboard or on the battlefield, draw a card.
10/10

IIW: Cards that care about specific sets
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

as I committed the cardinal sin here (don't make people do research) I will keep this short and judge this afternoon.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
THAT'S the Marvel Snap that I know about!

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 1 year ago

ive never heard of this "marvel"

Alucard, Sanguine Conqueror 3BB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Warrior (R)
Flying
If your life total would be reduced to 0 or less while Alucard doesn't have a counter on it, instead discard a card at random and your life total becomes equal to that card's mana value. Put a lifelink counter on Alucard.
4/4

The Eradicator
Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct (R)
Prototype 3BBB — 8/8 (You may cast this spell with different mana cost, color, and size. It keeps its abilities and types.)
Annihilator 3 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices three permanents.)
If The Eradicator is black, it has Self-Annihilator 3. (Whenever this creature attacks, attacking player sacrifices three permanents.)
15/15

IIW: go to infinite
"Image"

Megiddo
MEG

let's wrap this up
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Nightcrawler B
Legendary Creature - Mutant Rogue (R)
Nightcrawler enters the battlefield with an X-gene counter on it.
Remove an X-gene counter from Nightcrawler: You may have Nightcrawler phase out. Otherwise, if it's blocked, it becomes unblocked.
2/1

Quicksilver
Legendary Creature - Mutant (R)
This card starts the game outside your deck. After you keep your starting hand, put a random card from it on the bottom of your library, and this card in your hand.
2/1

IIW: above water
I like Nightcrawler, though "becomes unblocked" is maybe tricky. Could see a set with X-gene counters. Quicksilver is an interesting companion-like mechanic where the random card you have to trade out could potentially lower your hand quality. It's not strict upside. I kind of like that?
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Pictures of Spiderman 1
Artifact- Treasure Clue (U)
Pictures of Spiderman enters the battlefield tapped.
T, Sacrifice Pictures of Spiderman: Add one mana of any color.
2,T, Sacrifice Pictures of Spiderman: Draw a card.
"Here's your headline: 'The Menace Returns'."

Uncover the Identity 1U
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top card of each player's library. You may have any number of target players mill 1. Draw a card.
"Mr. Murdock, I'm in possession of some fascinating information regarding your nighttime activities. Interested?"

IIW: Sagas
Parker! I'm laughing at "Pictures of Spiderman" honestly. Good card name and card type. Bit of a meme card of course. Uncover the Identity I think is a deceptive amount of strength on a cantrippy card. 2MV seems right.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Shadowcat 1
This gnores "can't play" and destroy effects.
Power : 2

Hank Pym 0.5
(You keep fractional energy between turns.)
Power: 2

Avalanche 5
Average your power at each location
Power: 9

Human Cannonball 3
Play this over any zone. If it lands on a card, destroy it.
Power: 3

Rules: Human Cannoball is not played on a slot, rather, to a general location at either side. A glowing target appears over those 4 slots. After cards are revealed, the glowing target zooms into a random slot in that location. Human Cannonball arrives at that slot. If occupied, it destroys the card there, then occupies that slot if able.
Ah... Well... I guess we can look at these.
A 1 that can dodge killmonger would be great. Also having another bonus feels like too much.
Not sure how fractional energy would work unless there's multiple cards that use/generate it. If you have 2 fractional energy (meaning, 1 total) does that become a "normal" energy and thus get used up? Does sunspot get +.5? She-hulk reduced by .5?
Avalanche is actually already an upcoming card (Living Tribunal)
I have some questions about cannonball, largely centered around whether i can give this to my opponent to blow up their things.
1 year ago
Gacha-Tron
Artifact Creature – Construct (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile the top card of target player's library.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, put all cards exiled with it into their owner's hands.
~ gets +1/+1 for each card you own in exile.
0/1

IIW: Chaotic wincons
Well, this is pretty true, yeah.
Is there a reason I would ever exile somebody else's card with this?
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Legendary Creature — Giant Warrior (M)
Megacompanion—Shuffle Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Sapphire, Mox Ruby, and Sol Ring into your starting deck. (You may cast this card once from outside the game. You can't have any other cards in your sideboard.)
Haste
Whenever you cast a spell with a name originally printed in the Limited Edition Alpha set, if Thanos, the Mad Titan is in your sideboard or on the battlefield, draw a card.
10/10

IIW: Cards that care about specific sets
So, look. I had to spend a bit of time researching this. Considering that this turns stuff like Dark Ritual into the most broken card ever, we can skip Vintage and Legacy entirely and move straight to Modern. What does this do in Modern? Surprisingly, quite a bit. Do you know how much mana Lightning Bolt + draw a card goes for? (check out Ember Shot) White and black are reasonably empty, though Wrath of God + draw a card is sweet (not to mention Disenchant). Green, having both BOP and Llanowar Elves, looks fruitful. However, those sickos at WOTC put Counterspell into modern, and that has to take the cake. There's actually a decent Merfolk deck here with that, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident and Lord of Atlantis, plus Unsummon. Heck, I'll throw a Psionic Blast in there as well. Dark horse deck? Turbofog. You get Wrath, as already mentioned, plus Fog and Howling Mine. All of that said, no way this would be legal in that format anyway. I just had to look.
Stapler wrote:
1 year ago
Alucard, Sanguine Conqueror 3BB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Warrior (R)
Flying
If your life total would be reduced to 0 or less while Alucard doesn't have a counter on it, instead discard a card at random and your life total becomes equal to that card's mana value. Put a lifelink counter on Alucard.
4/4

The Eradicator
Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct (R)
Prototype 3BBB — 8/8 (You may cast this spell with different mana cost, color, and size. It keeps its abilities and types.)
Annihilator 3 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices three permanents.)
If The Eradicator is black, it has Self-Annihilator 3. (Whenever this creature attacks, attacking player sacrifices three permanents.)
15/15

IIW: go to infinite
Alucard is fun. I want this to be a mythic (and you could probably make it stronger in some way to compensate) but the moment of tension for that discard would be exciting, i think.
THE ERADICATOR probably wants or needs a "if you cast it" kind of restriction, unfortunately. We don't need MORE annihilating dudes getting cheated out.

we'll go with Juancu
Next: above water
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Bog Runner G
Creature- Lizard (C)
Haste, Swampwalk
The goblins believe if you run fast enough, you too can cross the water that way. Many have drowned.
1/2

Very literal interpretation (and not the most interesting design)

IIW: Two groups working together (as in the Bond of Revival cycle)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Roaming Homarid
2{U}{U}
Creature - Homarid Scout (U)
Tidal Cycle (Whenever a player casts their second spell each turn, it becomes high tide until end of turn.)
As long as it's high tide, Roaming Homarid gets +1/+1 and can't be blocked.
2/4
A homarid intruder caught on land will attempt to stall until the tide comes in.

Beached Whale
4{U}
Creature - Whale (C)
Beached Whale can't attack or block unless it's high tide.
5/7

IIW: Two-headed [blank]
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

1 year ago
will attempt to stall until the tide comes in.
As seen here.

Megiddo
MEG

Giant Water Strider 1UU
Creature - Insect {U}
Giant Water Strider can't be blocked.
"I don't know, Jerry, why don't you try it?"
2/2

note: this card appears in "underwater world" set it is unblockable because it walks on top of the water
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Giant Kingfisher 2UU
Creature - Bird (C)
Flying
When Giant Kingfisher enters the battlefield, return target creature to its owner's hand.
3/2

IIW: heaven or hell, it doesn't matter

Mergatroid_Jones

Makeshift Raft 0
Artifact- Vehicle (U)
Vigilance
Crew 0
When Makeshift Raft attacks, you may destroy all auras attached to creatures crewing it.
"We can either definitely die of thirst on this island, or probably die of thirst on the raft."
1/4

Luxury Cruiser 4
Artifact- Vehicle (C)
When Luxury Cruiser enters the battlefield, draw two cards and gain 2 life.
Crew 6
A who's who of New Capenna's brightest stars.
8/12

IIW: Monkeys

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
When Makeshift Raft attacks, you may destroy all auras attached to creatures crewing it.
"We can either definitely die of thirst on this island, or probably die of thirst on the raft."
Ohohoho...
seewhatyoudid

Juancu

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Bog Runner G
Creature- Lizard (C)
Haste, Swampwalk
The goblins believe if you run fast enough, you too can cross the water that way. Many have drowned.
1/2

Very literal interpretation (and not the most interesting design)
Ah, yes, simple, but this card hearkens to simpler days of buying a booster, knowing nothing about sets and spoilers, and relishing on the cool flavors of commons you encounter for the first time.
1 year ago
Roaming Homarid
2{U}{U}
Creature - Homarid Scout (U)
Tidal Cycle (Whenever a player casts their second spell each turn, it becomes high tide until end of turn.)
As long as it's high tide, Roaming Homarid gets +1/+1 and can't be blocked.
2/4
A homarid intruder caught on land will attempt to stall until the tide comes in.

Beached Whale
4{U}
Creature - Whale (C)
Beached Whale can't attack or block unless it's high tide.
5/7
Mmm, second spell is the trigger for 'day', and well, the tides follow the moon, but I still think players would complain. The whale is a bit too parasitic, there's a reason why the usual way for blue serpents and stuff is "can't attack unless X."
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Giant Water Strider 1UU
Creature - Insect {U}
Giant Water Strider can't be blocked.
"I don't know, Jerry, why don't you try it?"
2/2
That makes sense. Nowadays I'd expect a bit more than a (then again, the phantom ninja only went down in rarity.)
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Giant Kingfisher 2UU
Creature - Bird (C)
Flying
When Giant Kingfisher enters the battlefield, return target creature to its owner's hand.
3/2
We've sure come a long way from Snapping Drake. But such a strong common would be very annoying to play against in draft, maybe breaking blue.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Makeshift Raft 0
Artifact- Vehicle (U)
Vigilance
Crew 0
1/4

Luxury Cruiser 4
Artifact- Vehicle (C)
When Luxury Cruiser enters the battlefield, draw two cards and gain 2 life.
Crew 6
A who's who of New Capenna's brightest stars.
8/12
The raft made me "Uh? Wha??" at first, but I chuckled when I got to the flavor. It'd be cool on a set with a couple of themed auras in white and blue. I could see the cruiser at 5, but at 4 colorless, the draw 2 and gain 2 feels like too much of a bleed.
Winner and Next
Show
Hide
I'm coming out the left field with a win for Bog Runner, somehow it made me imagine the card fully formed with art and nooby feelings of wonder.

Winner: Mergatroid_Jones
Next: Two groups working together (as in the Bond of Revival cycle)

Mergatroid_Jones

Alt prompt: Monkeys

Sporegorger_Dragon

I spent WAAAY too much time on these:

Simic and Golgari collaborations, as warned of on Mystic Genesis:

Bait
3{B}{G}
Sorcery (U)
Put a creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
=====================================================
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)

Switch
{G}{U}
Sorcery (U)
Sacrifice a creature. Search your library for a creature card with mana value equal to 1 plus the sacrificed creature's mana value, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle.

Next, Witherbloom and Quandrix collaboration, which is probably quite common in Strixhaven.

Sickness
1{B}{G}
Sorcery (U)
Sacrifice a creature. Create X 1/1 black and green Pest creature tokens with "When this creature dies, you gain 1 life," where X is the sacrificed creature's power.
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)

Health
3{G}{U}
Sorcery (U)
Put X +1/+1 counters on a creature you control, where X is the number of creatures you control.

When the Simic and Golgari put their heads together.

Thanatobiology
{B}{G}{U}
Instant (U)
This spell can't be countered.
Draw three cards. You lose 3 life, then gain 3 life.
"The Golgari and Simic have WHAT?!" -Ral Zarek

The end result of that project; less corpses and vermin polluting the streets! Now, about that spider infestation problem...

Glowspawn Widow
2{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Spider Horror (U)
When you cast this spell, mill four cards.
Reach
Glowspawn Widow enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature card in your graveyard.
When Glowspawn Widow dies, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach for each +1/+1 counter on it.
1/2

IIW: Two-headed [blank]
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Exiled Aristocrat 1BG
Creature — Human Werewolf Noble {R}
B, Sacrifice another creature: Each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life. Activate only once each turn.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Exiled Aristocrat.
2/2

//

Turned Aristocrat
Creature — Vampire Werewolf Noble {R}
Sacrifice another creature: Each opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life. Activate only once each turn.
4/4

IIW: Big, bigger, biggerer
MEG

Juancu

Balloonthroat Quillshooter 1U
Creature - Frog Porcupine (U)
G: Balloonthroat Quillshooter gains deathtouch until end of turn.
When Balloonthroat Quillshooter enters the battlefield, you may combo. If you do, it deals 1 damage to any target. (To combo, tap a creature you control that is exactly those colors, or pay and exile a card from your graveyard that is exactly those colors.])
1/3

Rakdos-Boros Spy
Creature - Human Warrior Cleric(U)
When Rakdos-Boros Spy enters the battlefield, if you spent only R to cast it, it gets +2/+2 and gains haste until end of turn. Otherwise, if you spent no R to cast it, put a lifelink counter on it.
He passed as a model Orzhov priest, until the ceremonial wine was passed around.
4/4

IIW: I didn't just say it, I declared it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”