Prospect of a cEDH Committee on MTGNexus

HoffOccultist
Pronoun: he / him

Post by HoffOccultist » 4 years ago

folding_music wrote:
4 years ago
HoffOccultist wrote:
4 years ago
one of the big draws to EDH is that you get to use powerful cards to do fun things that just aren't legal elsewhere.
I don't think that's a universal draw at all! The most powerful cards in a format will homogenize the scene if you let 'em. I know people who deliberately don't use their Crypts and Survivals in EDH because their ethoses guide them to kick consistency out of the format instead of choke it with repetition. Not everyone is swept up in the edhrec arms race, there are enclaves of theme deckers out here who want this game to be as slow and as clunky as possible.

I'll play nice with optimizers cos they don't effect me - just don't characterize every player as being interested in what you're interested in! thanks
That's fair, not everyone likes it. Not everyone likes optimizing, not everyone likes playing a deck with all Rebecca Guay art, and not everyone likes having access to Sol Ring. But a lot of people like doing those things, so I think it's fair to say that playing powerful cards *is* a draw to the format, even if it's not for everyone.
Survivor of EDH 32 Challenge.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”