Torbran, Thane of Red Fell and 0/1 Red tokens

Tryno
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Tryno » 4 years ago

Cards
Torbran, Thane of Red Fell
Kobold of Kher Keep

How does Torbran's effect work on 0/1's. I think when they go to assign damage they assign 0 damage and Torbran doesn't replace it, however a friend of mine thinks that it might.

So would Torboran's effect work on Kobolds?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
A creature with 0 power deals no combat damage at all, meaning that Torbran has no interaction with them.
Go to full post

Authored
CommanderIdentity
Erebos
Taii Wakeen
Magda
Sidar Jabari

Co-Authored
CommanderIdentity
Anje

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

A creature with 0 power deals no combat damage at all, meaning that Torbran has no interaction with them.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

WiseWarriorQc
Answers: 13

Post by WiseWarriorQc » 4 years ago

Here's the rule :
614.7a. If a source would deal 0 damage, it does not deal damage at all. Replacement effects that would increase the damage dealt by that source, or would have that source deal that damage to a different object or player, have no event to replace, so they have no effect.
I'm a former judge (lapsed), who keeps up to date on rules and policy. Keep in mind that judges' answers aren't necessarily more valid than those of people who aren't judges; what matters is we can quote the rules to back up our answers. When in doubt, ask for such quotes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”